What's new

U.K. And EU Brotherhood

Thanks @YKMV for welcoming me :)

From hardware, I have only Wilkinson classic + few different blades that were easy to obtain (Wilkinson, Gillette platinum, both Astras). The software is a bit better: Palmira soap (Serbia), Arko that I don't use/like, Barbon (Hungary) shaving cream and aftershave, Nivea AS and Alverde AS balm. And Omega boar brush 80080.

I hope that rumours will develop into some actions. I can support it with some of mentioned blades and products from Hungary. Lets hope that will not stay only on rumours.

@Sparki
I'm knee deep in razors. PM me for a small PIF.

@andytopaloff yes yes, company Caola is still alive and kicking ;) If you are interested you can check them online.
They have 3 shaving creams, one of them is brushless (didn't try it) and 2 aftershaves. Quite decent products and for the price of 1-2 euros ($), there is no excuse not to buy in and try it.

it's easy to find in Romania also, but under the Barbon name. I received an arabic written caola tube and i gave it to my father as a gift. I'll give Barbon a try.

UK bretheren - if you’re interested in a chance of a PIF of a puck of Tabac and bowl, head to the shaving soaps forum to check out my post (can’t post link, sorry).

upload_2018-3-11_11-26-10.png

The RazoRock Hawk is a great-looking, stylish, razor - but it's not for me. I find the width a bit too long, and the shave is too mild for my taste.

So I'm happy to offer my Hawk, plus about 16 Feather blades, as a PIF to anyone in the EU (the UK is currently in the EU, by the way!). It is in as-new condition, and will be ultrasonically cleaned and treated with Barbicide before despatch. Please note this is the lighter aluminium (Silver Satin) version.

If you're interested, just reply to this or the sister thread in the SE forum saying that you're in, and tell us an interesting fact about where you live or where you were born. The PIF closes at midnight UK time on 20 March and the winner will be drawn at random. Best of luck!

View attachment 866623
The RazoRock Hawk is a great-looking, stylish, razor - but it's not for me. I find the width a bit too long, and the shave is too mild for my taste.

So I'm happy to offer my Hawk, plus about 16 Feather blades, as a PIF to anyone in the EU (the UK is currently in the EU, by the way!). It is in as-new condition, and will be ultrasonically cleaned and treated with Barbicide before despatch. Please note this is the lighter aluminium (Silver Satin) version.

If you're interested, just reply to this or the sister thread in the SE forum saying that you're in, and tell us an interesting fact about where you live or where you were born. The PIF closes at midnight UK time on 20 March and the winner will be drawn at random. Best of luck!
Bump.

I'm in! I'm currently in the UK but was born in the United States, in a small town that was on General Washington's escape route from Philadelphia to Valley Forge during the American Revolution. I used to go out with friends and do metal detecting near the river-beds, hoping to find buttons or bullets or things... never did!

I'm in please.

I was born in Dublin, but moved 200 miles to Kerry shortly after, then moving back to Dublin when I finished school, where I have studied, worked and lived for past 35 years. The two places, Kerry and Dublin, are fierce sporting rivals, with my loyalties very firmly in Kerry, despite living in Dublin for twice as long.

Great Idea for a group!

I'm James, 28, from Lancashire.

Has anyone had any success with UK replating services? Got a Fatboy in the post yesterday, gave it a clean and there's areas of brassing that are driving me nuts.

Cheers!

FB before and after.png

Hello @JSBal That FatBoy looks good enough to shave with but if you're one of those BOSC types who want perfection...... I THINK I've read some posts about services in the UK... stick around and someone might just pop in with a suggestion.
Alternatively, and maybe for a faster response, post a new thread in the General Forum.
Welcome to the Rabbit Hole...

Hello @JSBal That FatBoy looks good enough to shave with but if you're one of those BOSC types who want perfection...... I THINK I've read some posts about services in the UK... stick around and someone might just pop in with a suggestion.
Alternatively, and maybe for a faster response, post a new thread in the General Forum.
Welcome to the Rabbit Hole...
Thanks @YKMV - will do :)

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom