What's new

Tomonagura Source?

Got the honing bug again.:001_rolle

I have a Nakayama from Telly's group buy of 2009, and would love to find a tomonagura for it. I'm not crazy about the DMT card.

I already wrote to Maxim. He's on vacation until mid February.

If anyone has and idea of other sources, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks!

Got the honing bug again.:001_rolle

I have a Nakayama from Telly's group buy of 2009, and would love to find a tomonagura for it. I'm not crazy about the DMT card.

I already wrote to Maxim. He's on vacation until mid February.

If anyone has and idea of other sources, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks!

I picked mine up from Aframes of Tokyo. Honzan and Toma are the same thing so don't pass up a Honzan if you see one somewhere.

I mostly say it as a joke, but it works...

I've hacked up some "rubble" I got from Japan from Jim Rion. It was the hardest thing I've ever cut.

More seriously, if there were a shortage, there have been plenty of inexpensive and thin awasedo that have come to market lately. One would easily make several tomonagura, to one's profit and to many's benefit. Fortunately, many tomonagura have been available lately. That was not so a year ago.

I mostly say it as a joke, but it works...

I've hacked up some "rubble" I got from Japan from Jim Rion. It was the hardest thing I've ever cut.

More seriously, if there were a shortage, there have been plenty of inexpensive and thin awasedo that have come to market lately. One would easily make several tomonagura, to one's profit and to many's benefit. Fortunately, many tomonagura have been available lately. That was not so a year ago.

Ugh, I'd hate to cut the rock.:ohmy:

I already sent an email to A Frames Tokyo.

Thanks
J

I tried to cut into a rock from 330mate. It was a fine stone but too many obstacles for me. Anyway 3 hacksaw blades and a third of the way through I gave up. Them suckers can be very hard that was about 1/2" i got.

I find that the dark "skin" is the hardest part to cut. It's like cutting through hardened steel.

If it's been a while and you can't find one, try contacting Jim Rion (the same guy who sells Kanayama strops). He might be able to help you. I think Telly might as well. Both are great guys.

Top Bottom