What's new

Tobacquistitions! Post Up Your Brown Leaf Goodies!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was going to suggest that there was a theme emerging there...

Well, I didn't think out my order very well. But I've got a tin of McBaren HH virginia in my baccy drawer, and 16oz of FVF hopefully on the way.

UPDATE: My order has been cancelled--they don't have it in stock. :crying:

We don't seem to have too many rollers here. I think that's a pity.

I used to smoke American Spirit Yellow or Blue depending on availability, until they stopped importing them to Oz. They were nice so long as you looked after them 'cause they lack the gum used in most tailors to extend their shelf life. I used to keep them in the fridge over summer. To me it sounds like that pouch of AS is stale. I once got a packet of Marlborough lights out of a vending machine in a pub that were so far gone they had no taste at all but burned just like you describe. It was fun trying to get a refund from the bar manager.

People round here are so used to stale cigarettes that they think its !@#$ing normal.

That roller looks magic.

My tobacconist keeps all of his handroll stock in a walk-in humidor, so I hadn't thought of it being stale. It doesn't taste stale, but that would explain it's characteristics. I gave the rest of my pouch to a long time Camel Light smoker, and he said, "It smokes a bit harsh and is harder to stay lit than wet kindling, but is definitely a more satisfying smoke."

I would go to pipes, but seeing as how I'm surrounded by the Great Lakes my geographical location has ridiculous weather patterns. There's an old saying in Michigan that goes, "if you don't like the weather, wait ten minutes." Our summers are insanely hot and humid reaching mid 90's for long stretches with extremely high humidity levels, and in the winter turns to freezing frigid biting dry cold with heaps of snow thrown in. Fall and spring are the only acceptable seasons here, but they only last about a month or two each.

Stopped by the local B&M (Straus Tobacconist) to pick up some goodies:
Opus X Power Ranger x2
Opus X Fuente Fuente
Brick House Robusto x3
La Gloria Cubana Charlemange x2

i've got to start stocking up that humidor i got recently...

A few goodies just fell off a boat and are now in my possession :w00t:

Montecristo Petite Edmundo (4 1/4 x 49), Vegas Robaina Famosos (5 x 48), and Hoya de Monterrey Petit Robusto (4 x 49)

2011-09-15_18.11.46.jpg

Now resting peacefully with their friends :001_cool:

2011-09-15_18.24.04.jpg

Gonna' be a good weekend!! :w00t:

More stock to get me through the winter, if winter ever gets here! 5 Erinmore Flake, 5 Kendal Cream Flake, 1 Solani Aged burley flake, and 2oz. GH Bobs Chocolate Flake.

Attachments

• $baccy.JPG
    $baccy.JPG
    125.5 KB · Views: 214

Commander Quan

Commander Yellow Pantyhose
It's been a while since I posted anything new, gotta catch up

On a pipe forum I am a member of we do a lottery every month I won in September and this is my haul.
proxy.php

In July I was on my way to Jersey and stopped at JM Boswell's and picked up a couple of pipes.

proxy.php

proxy.php

I asked JM if i he could make a churchwarden stem for the swirl pipe and send it to me. He told me if I could wait Dan would do it on the spot.

proxy.php

In the background is a poster my wife had framed for me a couple years ago, but I thought you might like to see it. It's a size guide for all the 2006 production Cuban cigars. It lists the exact size of each vitola and what brands were produced in that size. The Monte A in the bottom corner is over 9 inches long so you can see it's a pretty big piece.

proxy.php

Nice hall! If I am not mistaken you have won several times already! Will you buy me a lottery ticket? >)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom