What's new

What cigar to try next?

I've slowly ticked off all the cigars on my to-try list over the past few months and I'd like to get some suggestions on what you folks think I might enjoy. Here's what I've had recently.

CAO Brazilia - I didn't love this one. Simply not a ton of flavor.
Arturo y Fuente Hemingway - Great and melow smoke. I'll be buying more of these
Gurkha Ninja - One of my favorites. Very chocolatey and flavorful.
RP/Drew Estate Mint Java - Very tasty. Would buy again, but I think they're pricey for a flavored cigar.
Rocky Patel Edge Light - Good mellow smoke. May purchase again.
Olivia Maduro (series G maybe?) - Pretty tasty. Not sure how much I love maduros. Haven't tried very many.

Still in the Humidor
Diesel Unholy Cocktail
Padron 1964 Anniversary

​What should my next sampler pack consist of?

Try a couple of the regular Padron (#2000, #3000, etc - available in maduro or natural), Gurkha Spec Ops (if you liked the Ninja, I think you will really like this one), RP Vintage 1990 & 1992, My Father and the above-mentioned Liga Privada.

Since you aren't against flavored cigars, the CAO Moontrance are pretty good smokers. The Fuente Hemmingway is always in my humidor for the random occasion I actually desire smoking a cigar, but then so are the 1997 Grand Reserve Opus X and some plantations from the New Orleans Cigar company! I suppose I have some extreme tastes, but trial and error is a great way to find out. Go get 'em.

Try more Olivas, especially the V and the O, both lines come in natural and maduro but the V Maduro is very limited, but all are good

I second the Padron Thousand Series (regular line) and love the naturals and maduros in that line.

My favorites come from Tatuaje, IIlusione, La Aroma De Cuba, Avo Domaine and Cabaiguan.

I'll second the Rocky Patel 1990 and third the Padrons. Cusano 18 is a nice smoke for the price and the 1666 by Graycliff is on of my favorites. I almost forgot that any of the Gurkha's Legend series are great, wait until you find a deal or a sale, $20+ down to $5 a smoke is worth the wait.

Last edited:
Thanks for the suggestions everyone! I forgot I have a couple Olivas that I received in a trade, I'll have to try them soon.

What's the difference between the Padron 2000 and 3000? I think I'll pick up those and the Gurkhas that Dan and Steve mentioned.

Now to cigarbid! Hand on wallet...

Thanks for the suggestions everyone! I forgot I have a couple Olivas that I received in a trade, I'll have to try them soon.

What's the difference between the Padron 2000 and 3000? I think I'll pick up those and the Gurkhas that Dan and Steve mentioned.

Now to cigarbid! Hand on wallet...

The Padron Thousand series is all the same blend but each number denotes size and all come in either natural or maduro. In this case the 2000 is a standard robusto (5x50) and the 3000 I believe is a robusto extra (5.5 x 52)

I'll second the Rocky Patel 1990 and third the Padrons. Cusano 18 is a nice smoke for the price and the 1666 by Graycliff is on of my favorites. I almost forgot that any of the Gurkha's Legend series are great, wait until you find a deal or a sale, $20+ down to $5 a smoke is worth the wait.

Just won six Gurhka Legend Vintage 2001 Aniversario on cigarbid for $16 :thumbup:

I +1 the suggestions for Oliva series V the Liga Privada and undercrown.

Also, if you can find them try any of the San Lotano line & CAO La Traviata Divino

Romeo Y Juliette 1875 are always good.
La Gloria Cubana
Monecristo no 2
for a real cheap stick try the factory throwout lot 59 or 99 both are pretty good for sub $1

I've slowly ticked off all the cigars on my to-try list over the past few months and I'd like to get some suggestions on what you folks think I might enjoy. Here's what I've had recently.

CAO Brazilia - I didn't love this one. Simply not a ton of flavor.
Arturo y Fuente Hemingway - Great and melow smoke. I'll be buying more of these
Gurkha Ninja - One of my favorites. Very chocolatey and flavorful.
RP/Drew Estate Mint Java - Very tasty. Would buy again, but I think they're pricey for a flavored cigar.
Rocky Patel Edge Light - Good mellow smoke. May purchase again.
Olivia Maduro (series G maybe?) - Pretty tasty. Not sure how much I love maduros. Haven't tried very many.

Still in the Humidor
Diesel Unholy Cocktail
Padron 1964 Anniversary

​What should my next sampler pack consist of?

If you can sneak them in, the Cuban Montecristo #2 and Partagas Serie D#4 are always winners.

The Punch Gran Puro Rancho, Belinda Black and La Gloria Cubana Churchill are my non-Cuban favorites.

Top Bottom