What's new

Tobacquistitions! Post Up Your Brown Leaf Goodies!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was offered "a bunch of Cubans" from an estate. They turned out to be Don Pepin Garcia Black Series. My part of it was 3 boxes of 1970 Belicosos and a box of 1979 Robustos. At $2 a stick, I'm thrilled and the cigars are in a humidor for a while. I don't know how they were stored before I got them and the one I smoked was a little on the dry side. Time will help that out, I think.

Ford

I was offered "a bunch of Cubans" from an estate. They turned out to be Don Pepin Garcia Black Series. My part of it was 3 boxes of 1970 Belicosos and a box of 1979 Robustos. At $2 a stick, I'm thrilled and the cigars are in a humidor for a while. I don't know how they were stored before I got them and the one I smoked was a little on the dry side. Time will help that out, I think.

Ford

If they are in good shape, that's a great deal!!

5-capacity cigar caddy travel humidor, Cu-Avana Punisher tubo & Room 101 '404' (torpedo) from C-bid waiting for me when I got home last night! The Punisher gets mixed reviews, mainly because the wrapper is supposedly laced with pepper oil around the head, but I have been wanting to try one just out of sheer curiosity. Should be interesting if nothing else.

EDIT: Forgot to add the ones that I picked up at the local cigar bar this week. The new Alec Bradley American Classic Blend in a torpedo, Alec Bradley Family Blend D3 (4.5x58) and a Padron 2000 (5x50)

Last edited:

Commander Quan

Commander Yellow Pantyhose
I picked up this Wally Frank Canadian last week. There was 12 minutes left and zero bidders so I put in the minimum and was hoping I would be outbid, because I need another pipe like I need a hole in the head. It's a little smaller than I was expecting but it'll make a good walking around pipe. The woman I bought it off of did a full restoration on the pipe, and a pretty nice job of it too.

proxy.php

proxy.php

Been wanting to try this. Bought it for myself at a local B&M that sells a lot of cool shaving stuff, too.

So how was the Escudo? It is the only flake I have tried and already one of my favorite tobaccos.

I just recently bought some Old Dublin.
proxy.php

I also purchased a one-off pipe from my local B&M. So far it smokes rather well but it's got some tiny imperfections in the surface. But I think a really light sanding followed by a full carnauba buffing will make it one of the nicest looking pipes I have.

Anybody know a good place to get pure carnauba other than eBay?

full

Just landed on my desk! :w00t:

• Five 5 Vegas Miami 'M-5' (5x55)
  • Five Morro Castle robustos
  • A Single 5 Vegas Series A 'Atomic' (4.5x54)

Nothin' fancy, just some things I have been wanting to try for a while. Cigarbid is my friend :wink2:

Last edited by a moderator:
full

Just landed on my desk! :w00t:

• Five 5 Vegas Miami 'M-5' (5x55)
  • Five Morro Castle robustos
  • A Single 5 Vegas Series A 'Atomic' (4.5x54)

Nothin' fancy, just some things I have been wanting to try for a while. Cigarbid is my friend :wink2:

Those Morrow Castles are pretty good smokes, so are the other two. The 5 vegas Cask Strength are something you might want to try if you haven't yet. Always good to see another C-Bid junkie.

Last edited by a moderator:
Those Morrow Castles are pretty good smokes, so are the other two. The 5 vegas Cask Strength are something you might want to try if you haven't yet. Always good to see another C-Bid junkie.

Excellent! I haven't previously tried any of the three so it is good to hear a positive endorsement before I light one of them up! :thumbup1:

I am finally(!) learning to keep my C-bid impulses under control, but that may have more to do with available humi space than economic sense :laugh: Hard to resist the deals though...and there are definitely deals to be had :w00t:

Excellent! I haven't previously tried any of the three so it is good to hear a positive endorsement before I light one of them up! :thumbup1:

I am finally(!) learning to keep my C-bid impulses under control, but that may have more to do with available humi space than economic sense :laugh: Hard to resist the deals though...and there are definitely deals to be had :w00t:

Humidor space is what keeps me away from the cigar sites. I currently have a Treasure Dome humidor 250 count(from c-bid), and four desk tops that are packed from last months .99 cent shipping at JR and bidding on c-bid. God help me if I'm ever stupid enough to get a cabinet sized humidor!:laugh:

Some pics of last week's eBay finds.

proxy.php

First is an unsmoked Comoy Golden Grain complete with pouch, picked up for a ridiculously small sum. The bag feels a little cheap but the pipe feels like a million dollars. This is my first new good pipe and I'm looking forward to breaking it in next weekend.
proxy.php

A closeup of the other side to show off the grain
proxy.php

The second is more of a mystery to me
proxy.php

It arrived in very rough shape. I spent much of Sunday bring it back to this condition. I'm quite pleased with how it turned out given the amount of work with the Dremel and wire wool was required. I just can't imagine how you could get a pipe get into such a state and still manage to smoke it. The stem has a stinger which was completely blocked (and which I must reinsert!).
proxy.php

It's marked "Giants" and "Real Briar" on the top of the stem...
proxy.php

...and "Made in Italia" on the underside
proxy.php

The only reference to an Italian pipe stamped "Giants" is in an article on Ardor by John Morrison on Pipedia. Can anyone shed any light?

Last edited:
Nice score! And leave the stinger out If you want, I promise the pipe police aren't going to get ya. You might search for a drugstore or tobacconist by that name perhaps in conjunction with the location of the seller. A lot of those pipes were made by larger manufacturers for sale as store brands.

The new Meerschaum arrived today, along with a tin of C&D chocolate cavendish. Picked up a tin of Royal Yacht yesterday, so far I am loving it.

Attachments

• $apple.JPG
    $apple.JPG
    77.5 KB · Views: 188
  • $apple2.JPG
    $apple2.JPG
    102.7 KB · Views: 186
  • $apple3.JPG
    $apple3.JPG
    98.5 KB · Views: 187
I received my new Palio burl wood last weekend :thumbup:
Not too many new sticks recently, since i don't smoke that often and already have about 200 in my cab.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom