What's new

1st Cigar Order - How did I do?

I started smoking a pipe about 10 months ago because I figured I would get much more bang for my buck compared to cigars. It is especially true up here in Canada. Thanks mostly to the multitude of enablers here in the Brown Leaf. I have found 4Noggins can ship to Canada and likely avoid the duty charges, but I have been jealous of all of my neighbors south of the 49th parallel who can get great cigars at great prices!

My parents are Snowbirds who spend a few of the winter months every year in Yuma, and this year they were going to try to pick up some cigars for me in the Mexican border town they frequent. They didn't realize that the Cuban cigars they intended to pick up would likely not make it across the border easily with them and even if they did manage it, they would likely be fake...

The good news that I never thought of doing was to put in an order from one of the online vendors and have it shipped to them in Yuma to bring back for me! Duh! So I placed an order at CI that included a 50 count humidor and 50 yummy sounding cigars I have not tried. FYI: this would be over $500 worth of cigars alone in Canada! The added Humidor would be needed to compliment my small 15 count one that unfortunately has stayed mostly empty. Now the few Don Tomas and Guantanamera's I have in there will get some company!

This is what is on the way... Should be in my hands in a couple of weeks. So, How did I do?

10 x La Perla Habana White Pearl, Robusto, (5 x 52)
15 x Nicaraguian 90+ Rated 2nds, Robusto, (sizes can vary, I think)
5 x Rocky Patel - Connecticut, Toro, (6" x 52) (I have had some Rocky Patel cigars, but don't recall which)

Blue Chip Combo (50 cnt humidor + 5 ea of the following):
5 x Cohiba Red Dot, Robusto, (5" x 49) (I have had a Cuban Cohiba or two, but not the US Red Dot ones)
5 x Gurkha Centruian, Double Perfecto, (6" x 60)
5 x Ave Maria - Knights Templar, Double Corona, (6" x 48)
5 x Macanudo - Cafe Hyde Park, Robusto, (5.5" x 49)

I was wondering what came of the Mexican Connection :laugh:

Sounds like you chose the best option. What a haul!

Looks like a nice sampler. If you've never had a Padron I highly recommend you try one. I'm a fan of the basic Ambassador (brown & white label) 42 x 6 7/8 with a maduro wrapper. The fancy and expensive Padrons are nice, but I consider the standard "Padron Handmade" to be one of the best values in cigars.

Looking good, like mentioned above the Padron Thousands series is a great value. Check out the core lines from Tatuaje, Roma Craft, Crowned Headsand Fuente as well. There are values to be found in all of those lines.

Its likely that 90% of us will never be able to get a true cuban. The camach corojo's are AMAZING and are supposed to be just about as close as you can get! (And they are not all that expensive!)

Another I'd like to toss in as a recommendation is drew estates liga privada, for a short smoke the papa Fritas is delicious

I'd add Perdomo to the list of brands to check out. I just received the CI cigarfest mega sampler or something along those lines. Very nice bunch of sticks for a great price. Can't wait to try the Garcia Blue Label.

Thanks for all the info on New Cigars, guys. I will keep these in mind for a future order. The list above was what I have already ordered a few weeks ago and is currently traveling across the US back to Canada in my parents RV. I was wondering if any of you had tried and could comment on this selection.
In hindsight, I should have reached out first and I would have added some Padron's and I should have gotten some short smokes like the Papa Frita's. These both sound great!

I think you did a great job! Next order grab some Isla Del Sol cigars. Cheap and one of the best cigars I've ever smoked and I've smoked cigars for 8 years from OMG $$$$$ to why did I do this $ :)

I'd add Perdomo to the list of brands to check out. I just received the CI cigarfest mega sampler or something along those lines. Very nice bunch of sticks for a great price. Can't wait to try the Garcia Blue Label.
My go to stick any day! I am also a big fan of Trinidads!

Nice!! The knight's Templar are extremely mild in flavor but pick up in the second ando third halves a bit.
I haven't tried the white pearls, but one of my favorites of that line is the black pearl morado (purple band).
If you can be patient, cigars international has great deals many times, but not sure about the shipping... you can check their website. That's where I do most my shopping. Just picked up about 120 cigars for about 100 lol.
if you do end up shopping with them more, I can send you a couple promo codes to start you off.
also, I have to give some love to Boveda packs. They make it more worry free for my OCD brain, although I have since retired my traditional cedar humidor in exchange for cedar lines storage containers. these never leak and combined with Boveda, they stay rock solid As far as humidity.
Part Of My last Haul Was A 5 Count Herf A dor With 8 super Premiums For 15!!! love those is herfs for travel!!!

Thanks for all the suggestions,guys. I will be ordering from CI again, but since they don't ship to Canada (Cigars International?) it will have to wait until next year this time when my parents are are in Yuma again, or if I make a trip to the US and can have them shipped to a hotel or US Mail Box. I will certainly reach out to this group for recommendations next time. I think I will be pretty happy with my selection on this order though. Around $3 a stick is what this order came to and is crazy cheap. Oh, I did get a 5 count Herf a Dor with this order too! :thumbup:

Its likely that 90% of us will never be able to get a true cuban. The camach corojo's are AMAZING and are supposed to be just about as close as you can get! (And they are not all that expensive!)

Like they say, you can buy anything on the internet!

Top Bottom