What's new

Tiny Brush Owners Club: TBOC

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
These knot come in 20mm, some as small as 18mm:
Boti Brush 2022 New Tuxedo Ceiling Thick Hair 5th Handmade Synthetic Hair Knot
Boti Brush-Pro Synthetic Hair Knot 3 Color Imitate Badger Hair Bulb Type Class B
Boti Brush-Handmade The Newest 3 Color Synthetic Hair Knot Fan Shape

I will search for them.

OkieStubble

Last edited:
Gotcha. I never noticed any bump on mine. I dont really push it into/against my face that firmly. My second brush and one of my favorites.

OkieStubble

Gotcha. I never noticed any bump on mine. I dont really push it into/against my face that firmly. My second brush and one of my favorites.

I don’t push it into my face either, but a huge glue bump is there on mine. Feel with your finger at the base of your knot and report back? I’m curious if mine is just a one off. :)

I don’t push it into my face either, but a huge glue bump is there on mine. Feel with your finger at the base of your knot and report back? I’m curious if mine is just a one off. :)
I can feel a sort of raised bit where handle and knot meet. To me it feels like its just from the bristles bending over...basically as wide as the knot...could be glue tho. Spread the bristles out and cant see anything.

Bummer if yours is defective, its a great little brush in my opinion.

OkieStubble

I can feel a sort of raised bit where handle and knot meet. To me it feels like its just from the bristles bending over...basically as wide as the knot...could be glue tho. Spread the bristles out and cant see anything.

Bummer if yours is defective, its a great little brush in my opinion.

It’s probably a glue bump like mine. Shaving and lathering is a very individual perception as I’m sure you know. What bugs me, you might not even notice and won’t bother you.

I have been spoiled by using Plisson’s from Plisson. No glue bumps or any other bumps in their knots at all.

Plisson actually has a newer type synthetic hair called white mountain synthetic. It’s an expensive brush. I know I can get it in their number 12 size which is a 22mm, but I want to try a good quality 20mm brush if I can find it.

I have a 18 mm Timberwolf synthetic travel brush from Maggard’s. A bit stiff for my liking. I think a 20 mm knot would be a perfect split between the 18 and 22 mm.

It’s probably a glue bump like mine. Shaving and lathering is a very individual perception as I’m sure you know. What bugs me, you might not even notice and won’t bother you.

I have been spoiled by using Plisson’s from Plisson. No glue bumps or any other bumps in their knots at all.

Plisson actually has a newer type synthetic hair called white mountain synthetic. It’s an expensive brush. I know I can get it in their number 12 size which is a 22mm, but I want to try a good quality 20mm brush if I can find it.

I have a 18 mm Timberwolf synthetic travel brush from Maggard’s. A bit stiff for my liking. I think a 20 mm knot would be a perfect split between the 18 and 22 mm.
I see, ya that whole ymmv thing.

PXL_20221214_020918942.jpg
PXL_20221214_011419149.MP~2.jpg
PXL_20221214_011109940.MP~2.jpg

Total height : 52 mm
Knot diameter : 12 mm
Loft height : 33 mm
Handle max diameter : 19 mm

I will try to shave with this haha, it's so tiny!

Klinker

The Baron of Bokeh
DSC_6088.png

Friday 12.16.22
RAZOR: Stirling Stainless Standard Head
BLADE: Wizamet Super Iridium
BRUSH: vtg. brush w/Boti 16mm silver tip badger
LATHER: OSP Neroli Scented Shaving Soap

• Sad
Reactions: Cal
TBOC SOTD
1939-RFB-Pu_2022-12-19.jpg
:001_wub:

Brush: Simpson Wee Scot 13/39
Soap: Rasozero Agrumella
Razor: 1939 Gillette NEW RFB GT
Blade: Gillette 7o'clock Ninja (14)
ASL: Orange FREEZE [home brew]

An excellent shave. :biggrin:

I decided to give my Wee Scot another few shaves, to get past that seemingly magical 40 count (to kill the scritch). It's really a terrific little brush. Just a single load before my regular face lather gave me well more than enough for the complete shave (as usual :wink2:).

Happy shaves guys. :cornut:

I feel a glue bump, you feel it’s just from the bristles bending over. I never knew bristles ‘bent over’ at the base of the knot?

It has to be ymmv, doesn’t it? :)

I've got a Yaqi 20mm Cashmere, it has a 48mm loft with no glue bump.

It could be a brush to investigate if that Razorock Amici's 5mm glue bump was too much for you.

Does this one count for membership of the TBOC?

Tiniest brush that I have ever seen. A vintage French travel brush with its silver case in almost perfect condition. Pictured alongside my SOC brush and my vintage NOS Plisson plexi #20 (Knot: 29mm, Loft: 70mm, Handle Height: 70mm, Handle Weight:60mm) for reference.

No idea who would have every chosen such a tiny brush to shave with! But I absolutely love it. It's one of my favourite brushes just because it's so cute!

Attachments

• 20221223_234218.jpg
    20221223_234218.jpg
    159.8 KB · Views: 25
  • 20221223_234144.jpg
    20221223_234144.jpg
    284.6 KB · Views: 22
  • 20221223_234206.jpg
    20221223_234206.jpg
    177.2 KB · Views: 26
  • 20221223_234258.jpg
    20221223_234258.jpg
    195.8 KB · Views: 26
Does this one count for membership of the TBOC?
It's certainly tiny in height, but as we base tiny on the knot size now (REFERENCE), it may not qualify. :001_unsur

If you can measure the knot at the top of the handle (calipers would be helpful), that's usually about 2mm bigger than the actual knot (in the handle).

TBOC SOTD
SOTD-WR2GT-K_2023-01-01.jpg
:001_wub:

Brush: Shavemac "Kleiner Bayer" 14/42 D01 Silvertip 2-Band
Soap: Clubman
Razor: Wolfman WR2-SB 1.25 GT
Blade: Gillette 7o'clock Ninja (4)
ASL: Whiskey Woods

A superb shave. :biggrin:
I'd forgotten how wonderful my "Kleiner Bayer" is. The whole team played a magical game. :sorcerer:

Happy New Year and joyful shaves guys. :cornut:

wow these tiny brushes look sickkkkk

so can you guys tell me what its like using these brushes? lol

Top Bottom