What's new

This is wrong on so many levels

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Yes, but what if she's the one that bought them? That would thicken the plot.
Hmmmm very much so. Mind games possibility. She supplies these tasty unhealthy treats for the masses but only has a small portion herself. Possibly sitting back watching the madness unfold. Perhaps reading this very forum?

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
Hmmmm very much so. Mind games possibility. She supplies these tasty unhealthy treats for the masses but only has a small portion herself. Possibly sitting back watching the madness unfold. Perhaps reading this very forum?

jack-gif.gif

This morning another kind soul brought in a dozen doughnuts (there are way too many carbs floating around my office these days). In addition to the doughnuts and napkins someone put out a plastic knife!!!

This time I was able to remove the knife before a doughnut was harmed and before someone in the office – let’s call him the Doughnut Defender – needed to seize the knife in order to protect the innocent pastries.

Be ever vigilant!

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
How many days a week is this crew chowing on doughnuts? I see this issue in a slightly different light now.

This week is an aberration as it's usually once or twice a month. I don't know why we were doubly-blessed this week but we were.

"Omg donuts....but I can't eat any (while they are slicing up a donut into 1/8ths) cause I'll get (eating their 6th 1/8th) so fat (eating 7th 1/8th) so I can't eat (eating 8th 1/8th) donuts so I'll just get a (9th 1/8th) little bit to satisfy my (10th 1/8th being ate) craving. Anyone up for salad bar at whole foods for lunch?" And they end up getting an ice cream for an afternoon an snack while talking about their need to lose weight.

Everyone has at least one in their place of work.

It's kind of weird to do this at the office, but among friends/family we usually get a box of 12 different donuts so everyone takes little pieces of each just so everybody can sample the flavors.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
What is missed in all this is that, at least, the person used a knife to cut a piece intead of using their dirty mitts.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
What is missed in all this is that, at least, the person used a knife to cut a piece intead of using their dirty mitts.
But in an office setting unless I witnessed the cutting even if urs with a knife I think it's a safe bet that hands were used. I doubt an office move included a surgical strike. I could see maybe cutting it in half but in a public office setting its unacceptable. I notice people who don't wash their hands after using a public restroom. Living with a person with a lowered immune system has made me sensitive to these issues.

I put forth the idea that the polyunsaturated fats, high cholesterol, et al contained in a donut, no matter how thinly sliced, is most likely more hazardous to your health than actually liking a toilet bowl directly, never mind unwashed fingers.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
I put forth the idea that the polyunsaturated fats, high cholesterol, et al contained in a donut, no matter how thinly sliced, is most likely more hazardous to your health than actually liking a toilet bowl directly, never mind unwashed fingers.
Ok. A very unpleasant image. But I agree.

This sort of thing happens frequently at the school where I teach and the majority of teachers are women. Men would either eat the whole doughnut or leave it alone.

Top Bottom