THIRTEENTH ANNUAL One blade in February challenge 2022 edition

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
2 of 28

Razor: King C Gillette
Blade: King C Gillette
Soap: Palmolive Classica
Brush: Simpsons Trafalgar T3

This blade continues to impress with its smooth comfortable action and BBS finish, the only problem is that the razor makes it feel too mild so I may change to another razor in the next few days. Last year the BIC didn't settle down for the first few days, but this blade is smooth from the start looking good for the rest of the month

February 2

Blade:
Shark Super Stainless (2)
Razor: 7 o'clock
Soap: Derby
Brush: Yaqi Mysterious Space (24mm badger)

A few minor weepers today. The 7 O'Clock razor looks a lot like a Gillette raised flat bottom. The brush sparkles in a way that's hard to photograph.

2022-02-02 20.31.02.jpg

Whereas BICs are the only blade that absolutely doesn't work for me. Admittedly I've only ever tried one tuck, but each blade grabbed stubble and pulled, not cut, the whisker and was a very painful experience. It's definitely a YMMV hobby. I wanted to like them, but they just didn't work. My wife used them successfully, so they weren't just a tuck of dull blades.
Yeah, I guess. Anyhow, sorry to hear that :confused1 I recon that in R89 almost any blade works well for me (might be the fixing inside the razor head). So BICs in R89 worked great, 4-6 shaves on average (sometimes my prep is inconsistent and I do wear blade faster) and when moved to other razors FatipOC, Wilkinson Sword Classic didn't notice any major drawbacks. Perhaps the key is in milder razors, or more "blade-fixation" to avoid micro-movements while cutting? For sure - thanks for sharing I'll be careful when recommending BICs to friends 🤫

Racer (3)
Merkur 34C HD
Omega S-Brush
Soap Commander Integrity soap, face lathered
Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel and Stetson Cooling Moisture After Shave

Two passes plus touch up for CCS. I think I am going to be hard pressed to ride this blade to the end of the month. I have a Gillette Platinum Plus with over 15 shaves on it that performs better, with less effort. I need to try to pair it with a different razor.

We'll see. That's why we call it a challenge.

20220203_095151-01.jpeg
Shave #3

The Perma-Sharp went well with the Henson. 3 passes resulted in an effortless BBS face feel (wtg, atg and another atg - the Henson is one of the few DE razors I can have more than one atg pass without loosing comfort and without getting redness or irritated skin.)

When I stepped out the door, I was welcomed with a great (orange) chill effect.. it's a cool, windy day today 😉

Happy shaves!

Grume : still in 2/14 (every other day shaver here)
One Blade in February : still in 2/14

IMG-9167.jpg

Prep : warm shower / Bulldog original face wash
Brush : Proraso boar by Omega
Cream : Gilette Pure
Razor : Merkur 34 HD
Blade : Voshkod (2)
Post : alum block , Nivea Sensitive balm, Gold bond powder

Did not built enough lather for 2 pass, could see it, knew it, ignored it … stupid stupid stupid me. turned a small pimple into a gusher.

Barely SAS, will must likely put in another shave tomorrow or tonight to clean this up, knowing myself, stopping and not trying again and again to clean it up was the best action to take at this point, that would have end up in a blood bath and high frustration

Shave 3:

Blade: Polsilver Super Iridium (just one side, I switch alternate days, also, I flipped the blade today, something I don't usually do)
Razor: Gillette 48/49 SuperSpeed
Brush: RazoRock Plissoft Monster Synthetic
Soap: Cella pressed into a shaving stick and face-lathered
AS: Witch Hazel with Pinaud Clubman added
ASB: CeraVe Moisturizing Cream
Fragrance: Quorum EdT

1st pass N-S, 2nd pass S-N, 3rd Pass various ATG and touch-up
I shaved later today, and rushed it a little. I got a BBS with a little more irritation!

Shave #3 for February, #9 for blade

Preshave: Proraso Blue preshave cream
Razor: Feather Artist Club SS
Soap/Cream: Italian Barber Amici
Brush: Omega 10049
Blade: Feather ProGuard

I didn't have time this morning for a shave, so I got one in after lunch (ah, the joys of working from home). Shaving with the shavette is become pretty natural now and I don't have to actively think about which hand to use, etc. Good shave, although I didn't get all the way back to my jaw/ear on the ATG pass so there's a bit of stubble there. It's not the blade's fault. Still sharp and smoothing out.

Shave #3 for February, #9 for blade

Preshave: Proraso Blue preshave cream
Razor: Feather Artist Club SS
Soap/Cream: Italian Barber Amici
Brush: Omega 10049
Blade: Feather ProGuard

I didn't have time this morning for a shave, so I got one in after lunch (ah, the joys of working from home). Shaving with the shavette is become pretty natural now and I don't have to actively think about which hand to use, etc. Good shave, although I didn't get all the way back to my jaw/ear on the ATG pass so there's a bit of stubble there. It's not the blade's fault. Still sharp and smoothing out.
Congratulations! You seem to be making great progress. Personally, I could never quite get the hang of the ATG pass with mine. I guess I need more practice... a lot more :cool:

Be well and stay safe...

Top Bottom