What's new

Things you may be missing if you don't venture out of the Shave Clinic

But wait, there's more!

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showth...old-Fat-Handled-Tech-for-Active-Duty-Military

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/481937-PIF-Gillette-1948-1950-Aristocrat-CONUS

And a word to the wise, if you are new here you should sign up for PIFs, but don't make the mistake of signing up for them after they close. Take the time to read through the PIF and make sure you understand the rules so that you don't accidentally say "I'm in!" for a PIF that closed last year :thumbup:
:thumbup1:

And a word to the wise, if you are new here you should sign up for PIFs, but don't make the mistake of signing up for them after they close. Take the time to read through the PIF and make sure you understand the rules so that you don't accidentally say "I'm in!" for a PIF that closed last year :thumbup:

... but what about us old farts that can't remember which year it is?? Lol
(The other day I was signing something and wrote 2014. See what I mean?)

... but what about us old farts that can't remember which year it is?? Lol
(The other day I was signing something and wrote 2014. See what I mean?)
That's impressive. I'm always one year of until March...but a full two years!?

Don't feel so bad I'm 29 and find myself forgetting all the time why I have went into and have to retrace my steps until I remeber
It sounds like you're just having a "door event" Will, they're very common.

In my apartment there's a central corridor that you must go through to reach any other room. That means going through a minimum of two doors for each journey.
Until I discovered "door events" I thought I was totally losing it. :w00t:

It sounds like you're just having a "door event" Will, they're very common.

In my apartment there's a central corridor that you must go through to reach any other room. That means going through a minimum of two doors for each journey.
Until I discovered "door events" I thought I was totally losing it. :w00t:

It's amazing that someone did a study on this ... but it it exactly on point, think you for the share.

If you are like most people on B&B, I am sure that you just have one soap, one brush, one cream, and one aftershave :001_rolle

However, there are rumors out there that some folks develop ADs (acquisition disorders) by spending time on B&B and end up with a fairly substantial queue of soaps and creams to work through. Have you ever thought about how long your soap stash may last you? One of my favorite threads on the entire board was started by a gent that figured his soap stash would last him til 2017 (he started the journey in 2010). He set out to do something that many thought crazy, use one product at a time to completion until his stash was depleted. Once folks saw the size of his stash they decided that he would probably be shaving until 3017 and the 3017 thread was born.

Check it out here: http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/128392-My-Guess-3017

What you will find is a pretty hardcore group of wet shavers that have picked up the torch and kept right on running. Many folks can't stick with the 3017 mantra, but I think they still have some great lessons for everybody here.

I like the 3017 thread as a resource for soap reviews. You can't find a more thorough and honest review than one made by somebody that used a product exclusively for a month or two (some folks even get 6 months from a puck of soap).

Also, after using a soap for a long time and getting the itch to switch, lots of people find themselves loading longer in an attempt to kill of their soap. The result is often improved shaving because more product usually means better lather.

Check it out and let me know what you think.

If you come to the point when you realize that you have enough shaving stuff to shave your pet gorilla daily for the next 36 years, it might be time to ease your foot off the purchase pedal.

Rest assured you are not alone, there are 86 crazy members that are trying to forgo shaving purchases for the entirety of 2016. Gentlemen, I'd like to introduce you to the 2016 Shave Purchase Sabbatical, The Year of Looney Tunes in the Clubs and Brotherhoods sub forum. http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showth...-Purchase-Sabbatical-The-Year-of-Looney-Tunes Did you even know there was a Clubs and Brotherhoods sub forum? It is hiding in General Shaving Talk and the Shave/Scent of the Day!

Some of us join B&B to save money (ha!), and some of us join B&B because we appreciate well crafted kit. Over at the Shave/Scent of the Day! (SOTD) some of our members regularly capture just how beautiful our hobby can be. Here is the most recent themed week in the SOTD, "Black & White." http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showth...White-quot-Theme-Week-February-15th-21st-2016

These guys not only have some of the most incredible kit on the board, they know how to make it really shine in their photographs! Check it out and share your daily shave.

Top Bottom