What's new

THEHTGAM/PPF/PH0ENIX/D0UGLAS/H0DGES/FRANCES Thread

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
I went and checked the scent chart on their website and under Fougere, all the other scents are homages to barbershop fragrances. There is one that says it smells like dirt, a bit too honest there. I don't think you are going to find a match.

I didn't find until I read your post which reminded me there is one the scent chart but I found the one they said smells like dirt.

Here is their scent chart.

Dirt can smell good sometimes I think but it wasn't what I had in mind.

Happy shaves,

Jim

I have SV Felce soap, A/S and their new Parfum (which just came out this year). It is one of my top 5 scents. I also have PAA Mega Flora soap and A/S. I have seen posters make comparisons between the two, but to my nose, they do not smell similar at all.

In fact, while they may exist, in my limited experience, I have not found any other A/S with a scent similar to Felce. However, I have found some shave-related products that are very similar - MDC Fougre soap has a very similar scent to Felce (I have both and they are both great!). Houbigant Fougre Royal is in the same ballpark, as is Tom Ford Belle de Jour, both of which I own and enjoy using but I can attest, they are not inexpensive.

One of the posters on this thread, APBinNCA, referenced a PAA scent that smells like dirt. I believe he is talking about PAA Terra Preta, a seasonal scent that just became available again this week. I have the Terra Preta soap and A/S (star jelly is enroute), and I absolutely love it - it really does smell like dirt, but in a good way, and I would highly recommend it.

Anyone here have experience on Copalli as in scent and strength? Been looking at reviews and searching on thoughts. It sounds very interesting and as a Sandalwood fan was just wondering.

A really good shave with the Copper Ascension this evening. Oleo soap provided some real good suds that allowed the Ascension & Gillette 7 O’Clock Super Platinum to just glide over my skin yet doing some filthy whisker whacking (in a good way) in 3 smooth passes. I turn the twist until it stops then back of about an 1/8th of a turn from full closed. It gives me perfect blade feel and feedback without worrying about having to be overly cautious during the shave. The Copper Ascension has delivered excellent shaves since day one. A gorgeous razor to look at that also has some real cutting pedigree. Has the looks & the muscle to back it up.

Great shaves to all….

B6ADE86B-EC46-4C45-A226-F0CC9CE88EAF.jpeg

It’s been a minute since I last used this Juggernaut of aggression & whisker decapitation. Why? Well, there are other razors in my razor arsenal that give me nearly an identical finish with less concentration or care in shaving. I won’t go into specifics on technique and requirements in achieving a solid shave with such an aggressive shaving tool which is the EVO DOC SS. I will say that when one has multiple days of growth (3-4 and up) this razor really does come into its own. It provides 2 pass shaves as good if not better than razors in its class. Light touch and it is really a treat to use. Nothing like the Ascension series of razors (I love that series as well owning one each in Stainless, Copper & Aluminum) which are much more docile and easier on the skin. Still on occasion I enjoy pulling this razor out when I haven’t shaved in a few days and feel like getting into a shave zone. Today, mission accomplished.

277D3712-A5D6-4927-8F69-2DB1AA648991.jpeg

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
It’s been a minute since I last used this Juggernaut of aggression & whisker decapitation. Why? Well, there are other razors in my razor arsenal that give me nearly an identical finish with less concentration or care in shaving. I won’t go into specifics on technique and requirements in achieving a solid shave with such an aggressive shaving tool which is the EVO DOC SS. I will say that when one has multiple days of growth (3-4 and up) this razor really does come into its own. It provides 2 pass shaves as good if not better than razors in its class. Light touch and it is really a treat to use. Nothing like the Ascension series of razors (I love that series as well owning one each in Stainless, Copper & Aluminum) which are much more docile and easier on the skin. Still on occasion I enjoy pulling this razor out when I haven’t shaved in a few days and feel like getting into a shave zone. Today, mission accomplished.

View attachment 1592557

Wow, Gus.

It's a razor I've not tried, never seen, and believe to be unavailable. I should have purchased one when I could have.

BOSC.2.Sacrificies For Science.jpg

You're a scientist, my friend.

Happy shaves,

Jim

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
Can anyone advise me about atomic bay rum? How strong is it and how does it compare to their other stuff?

I have found their others way too strong, more like EdT than aftershave. But this was years ago.

On the other hand their atomic bay rum I see getting consistently outstanding reviews. So I don't know what to think.

Can anyone advise me about atomic bay rum? How strong is it and how does it compare to their other stuff?

I have found their others way too strong, more like EdT than aftershave. But this was years ago.

On the other hand their atomic bay rum I see getting consistently outstanding reviews. So I don't know what to think.
I saw your message on gruyere. But forgot about it. I'll send you a p.m. later tonight early tomorrow

Best shave so far with the PAA La Criatura.

1 WTG pass and 2 ATG passes, paying attention to the steep angle and light touch resulted in a BBS shave.

No irritation, even on my neck trouble spots…this slant thing might really be a thing.

I’m going to keep shaving, experimenting, and enjoying it.
CA2F0CEA-3A53-4FBC-8FDB-B9A0E2CA6C71.jpeg

I've been meaning to post this for a while I got a lot of samples from PAA I think that's usually the way to go until I find something that I love. I like variations so I will probably still keep on getting samples next year. Maybe this helps some people. Any of the PAA stuff that is super floral I do not like. Just super bright, and floral and all top note stuff on me is not appealing and does not work for me. So like lilac, Lily, plumeria, etc they are not my jam.

Classico Bay rum -like
Tombstone - grew on me
Tribute - meh
The wow signal - ok
The beach - smells like the beach - okay
Supreme sandalwood science- okay
Sundown - grew on me, okay
Strange Island - love
St Martin's land -like
Speakeasy - like
Solstice - not for me
Sangre de Drago - like
Red planet - love
Porthos -? - just like
Pineapple Bay - like - wish there was more pineapple
Obliette - like
Organism 46b - dislike
Meta nectar - dislike
Mega Flora dislike
Low haiku love
John frum dislike
Java Hive - dislike
Hotel Cecil - dislike
Home on the range -? Dislike
High jump - love
Harvest Moon -dislike
Good vibrations - love
Garden of Bali dislike
frostbite meh
gondolier like
future fiction - love
fresco - not for me
first night -? - dislike
et tu- dislike
ESP-like
droid black -love
doppelganger Black label- meh doppelganger tricolor - ok
doppelganger gray label - love doppelganger Gold label - not for me doppelganger f bombs -?
Diver down - love
dapper dock doc- dislike
d a b -?
Copali-like
controversy - like
Cold spices - Love
Coconut Bay - like
club guy -?
Cella cool - not for me
Captain Smyth reserve-like
CAD -? Dislike
boomtown Bay rum -like