What's new

Geo F Trumper Almond

GFT changed soap formulas well over a decade ago. They went from pretty damn good to garbage. Been covered on this forum a long time ago.

It used to be that the creams used the same base as almost every other Creighton's cream. That base is basically foolproof and has always worked really well.

The formulas of these creams have never been anything like that hard soaps, BTW. You can look at the ingredients lists and see that plain as day. Totally different product though if you are defining "soap" broadly as fat/oil + lye + scent then I guess it's technically a "soap".

My hunch is that the reason I see a lot of newer members on forums and sites use "soap/cream" interchangeably is because they got into the hobby with "croap" type soft soaps and don't know there is a distinct difference between a milled hard soap and a soft cream.

I have a recent jar of GFT lime cream and it is fine, same as any other good UK cream in terms of performance.

My 2 cents.
I had two or three scents when I started wet shaving and soon discovered there are far superior soaps/cremes out there, but didn't realize until I saw it pointed out here by others their cremes contain parabens. No thanks..

Last edited:
Yes, they have parabens, which have never been proven to cause cancer or anything, unless you actually eat a ton of it.

Geo F Trumper GFT, D R Harris Arlington and Windsor and TOBS Mr Taylor's are three that come to mind. But.... I have so many that i enjoy.... hard to say what are the favorites. Castle Forbes 1455 is what i used today. Castle Forbes has what I call "loud" scents which I do not care for. The 1455 not so much. The London creams are more subtle.
Thank, I now have a bunch of the British samples coming from Maggards!

And @Doc Dan, as a fellow Cella Red lover, I also ordered a sample of Henri et Victoria’s Amande:
Amande - Amande is a delicate pair of fruity and floral notes, embodying a composition of warmth. Tinged with rose and cherry, this fragrance creates an elegant, nonetheless gourmand harmony between almond, grape, honey, and vanilla.
I previously got a sample of Henry et Victoria’s La Poire Francaise (French Pear) and it’s become one of my top 5 favorite soaps/favorite smelling soaps. I have high hopes for this one as well. I’ll report back on it’s Cella-ness

Thank, I now have a bunch of the British samples coming from Maggards!

And @Doc Dan, as a fellow Cella Red lover, I also ordered a sample of Henri et Victoria’s Amande:

I previously got a sample of Henry et Victoria’s La Poire Francaise (French Pear) and it’s become one of my top 5 favorite soaps/favorite smelling soaps. I have high hopes for this one as well. I’ll report back on it’s Cella-ness
I can't wait for your reviews.

Thanks to this thread I ordered some of this shaving cream from Amazon. It should get here later today and hopefully I’ll be able to try it out. So far Proraso and TOBS have been the only shaving creams that really work for me….hopefully this will be able to add to that list.

Thanks to this thread I ordered some of this shaving cream from Amazon. It should get here later today and hopefully I’ll be able to try it out. So far Proraso and TOBS have been the only shaving creams that really work for me….hopefully this will be able to add to that list.
If you like those two you will like the GFT Almond.

Top Bottom