What's new

THEHTGAM/PPF/PH0ENIX/D0UGLAS/H0DGES/FRANCES Thread

I have the standard version.....great performance and scent. Would love the CK 6 but it’s a little pricey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Head shave today
proxy.php

Fayiz D.

Got the Immortal Peach in the mentholated 'star jelly' recipe in yesterday's mail, along with a bath bar in the same scent.
Got a chance to fire it up last night. It worked really well as an aftershave, felt mildly moisturizing and soothing. The menthol was mid-strength and felt good. Only problem for me was the scent. I was hoping for something that smelled like Stirling Peach shave soap. Maybe I should have got the non-menthol version, because it may be the menthol that is messing with what I thought was going to be a straight peach scent.
About 15 minutes after I applied it, I asked my wife to smell my face and see what she thought of it. She sniffed and then said, 'weird; smells like butter.' I don't think peach should smell at all like butter, lol.
On the plus side, the peach body soap worked great and pretty much smelled like a peach, which is another reason I think maybe the menthol is the problem.

My first outing with PAA products, and I have to say I'm mightily impressed - heard of them but never tried. Excellent performance, easy to lather, good value (5 oz of soap, 100 ml AS), GREAT scent! Where have they been all my life?! As far as this soap and AS, if you are not a banana-lover, do not come here. Trust me when I say this. I think of Harry Belafonte and Beetlejuice (the movie - if you've seen it, you'll understand). I think of the Chiquita Banana lady. I think of Bananas Foster, of banana cream pie, of banana pudding, a banana split. I think of Minions. This soap is simple and unpretentious - it is not subtle. It is not shy. It. Is. A. Banana. A ripe, yellow, soft, freshly picked, freshly peeled, banana. There is no "hint of Oakmoss," or "forward citrus." There is no "base note of oud," or cat pee, or Gramma's purse, or urinal puck. There is no seashore, or flower bed, or forest. There is banana. Only banana. And what a banana - not (surprisingly) overpowering, not faint, not fading. Just banana. The AS is an excellent, actually soothing, full alcohol splash. Of banana. I'm a new fan, and will order an immediate backup (it says, alas, Limited Edition, which I’m hoping refers to the - added bonus and icing on the banana bread - holographic label. Excellent!). And will absolutely explore other PAA offerings. I'm a tad piqued that I haven't tried them before, but I'm a convert - it won't knock other artisans off my list, but it will be right on the shelf beside them, an equal partner in my daily rotation. Sometimes, you just want fruit. :p

20210612_150842.jpg

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Funny. I've had the banana The Cube in my cart for a week... But it would be the third PAA box in three months! 😋 Their stuff is great, IMO, and I felt the same way - should have tried years ago.

You got the slightly better CK-6 base, but both are very good.

The Mega Flora splash is the best fougere I've found... First Night on Earth is this great raspberry-juniper thing.... I like 'em.

The Cube is a great deal - 8oz of their best, and any lesser soap used after benefits greatly. Cube-Williams, for example.

AA

I noticed @Ad Astra trying to inconspicuously react but not comment. I think he's concerned he might cave and order yet another PAA soap. The man loves his PAA soaps, not that I blame him.

As for me, I like me some bananas, but I'm still working through some apples in Pomona.

We are starting to have some paa choice overhere in the Netherlands would be fun if they also did some limited stuff. Love the seasonal cubes but shipping is nuts.

Top Bottom