What's new

THEHTGAM/PPF/PH0ENIX/D0UGLAS/H0DGES/FRANCES Thread

Ad Astra

The Instigator
The Instigator indeed - Harvest Moon and Cavendish inbound.... :thumbup1:
🤣 Man, don't blame me/you'll probably love both of those.

Meh, I'll probably be ordering that banana tomorrow... 🤔 And I hadn't seen Tombstone before - a kind of western barber vibe sounds good... And I've picked up the Mars one twice...

AA

Rabid Banana is awesome!!! Idk if you noticed it, but on the secret menu there’s a peanut butter and banana mashup soap. PAA is hands down my favorite stuff.

Im definitely going to have to try the Baileys/banana combo, I’ve tried the cosmic cookies paired with the rabid banana and that was epic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Twin blade trial with the Ascension. Yesterday was so good, only change made was swapping aluminium Ascension plate for the SS version. Same twin blade setup (Kai bottom+Treet top). Superb!
proxy.php

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Whoa, whoa . . . hang on. Is the Ascension intended/designed as a dual blade razor? I never imagined such a thing. That seems a kind of subtle genius if you ask me -- and you didn't.
Hell no it wasn't designed that way. Just happens to work at least with this combination of blades, the Kai being the widest on the market and the Treet being among the narrowest. This is only the second razor I've found where this is useful (the other being the Shake Sharp).

Sent from my Google Chromebook Pixel (2015) using Tapatalk

Your first name is Jeff, so clearly you hew toward subtle genius.

I may be just stupid enough to try this in a different razor.
Does more harm than good typically (or else you'd see it being done). Takes a particuar geometry and in this case blade combination (wide and thin).

Sent from my Google Chromebook Pixel (2015) using Tapatalk

I used the META-4 for the first time today. And I´m very satisfied with this razor.
It shaves smoothly and comfortably, and I don´t think it lacks any efficiency. The Meta-4 is more comfortable than my Timeless bronze .38. That´s because the bronze has more blade exposure. One can still feel the blade on the Meta-4 (which is for me important), but just enough to keep the shave very smooth.
For those interested in rigidity, I can confirm that the Meta-4 clamps the blade decently.
I like it! Definitely a very good daily driver.

As far as fit and finish goes, it is very well built. Being it CNC machined the blade will always be perfectly aligned.
Don´t expect a finish like a premium razor though. The Meta-4 has tooling marks everywhere. But it still remains a beautiful razor. I really like its vintage vibe.

Enough said. I wanted to make a small review as I couldn´t find one in the forum. I hope it can help you if you´re on the fence of getting a Meta-4.

Here was today´s shave: (all PAA) I´m a happy shaver!

View attachment 1222782View attachment 1222783
I have many razors from the $500 big boys to the 34c’s of the world and everywhere in between. My skin requires mild razors like the Rockwell 6S, RazoRock MJ-99A, DE89, R88, Karve B plate, Timeless .68 and .95… I had my first shave with Meta 4 the other day and I was blown away - absolutely loved it (again for my skin). I used it for a week with my favorite blades (Nacet, Wizamet, Derby, TREET and Astra) - same result - perfect shaves, zero irritation, completely glass smooth skin (Moon soaps, PAA Cavendish, Zingari The Merchant)… Right before I tried the Meta 4 I was emailing to get on the Paradigm list - I’m staying on the list but in all honesty, My ATT’s, Timeless, my Wolfman seem ridiculous when my perfect shave is the Meta 4.

I know the Mamba 70 is a stainless steel razor. Is the Meta 4 a stainless steel razor or is it a zamac head?
All stainless and a phenomenal razor in my opinion - even as compared to my Timeless, Wolfman and ATT it’s not as polished and jewelery like but for me, it’s the best shaver of this group hands down for me.

PAA Cube-looking for some thoughts on how well this thing works, is it worth picking up? any thoughts would be greatly aprecaited

Last edited by a moderator:
Many people here use it, myself included. There are seasonal special scents too. It is advertised as a lather booster, which is redundant with PAA soaps. As for it's intended purpose, pre-shave, I think it works. It is supposed to soften whiskers. I use it, but prefer oil for my face usually. I don't use the menthol version so no comment there.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Got one lurking... Bottom row, left.

Exactly as @APBinNCA notes, you don't need it with their soaps! 🤣 But it helps with poor-performers that smell good (not naming names).

🤔 I tried and disliked preshave oils, they seem to inhibit lather.

Also, you can get a perfectly good shave with just The Cube and a good face-lathering brush.

AA

It works very well for me. I generally use the Ice Cube version, converted into a shave stick. I mostly use hard milled soaps so I do notice some lather boosting effects and more slickness with the combo. The menthol is quite nice in hot weather if you're a menthol fan.

This product is similar to the older Ach. Brito Glyce soap, just with more exotic moisturizing ingredients and different scents. It's not magic, but it seems to work. I got mine on sale for $6 for 8 oz. of soap, which was not a bad price. If you want to save money, you can get regular glycerin soap from Whole Foods market for $2 per 4 oz bar, melt and add some castor oil, etc., then pour into a shave stick container.

1624409923651.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom