What's new

THEHTGAM/PPF/PH0ENIX/D0UGLAS/H0DGES/FRANCES Thread

Another slant that everyone is talking about is the new Fatip slants gentile (closed) and open comb. Full brass and not expensive love Fatips!
@Beefdrippings just don't know if a Fatip is a good first razor for someone not used to a DE.

I was never a fan of my 37c, but I'm curious about these. Does anyone use them with the 1/4 turn adjustment? Does it make them any more efficient?

They may be plastic but it's a proper razor with a finely-crafted head design. Miles better than any disposable.

Slants have a reputation for being aggressive: this one is very mild.

A light plastic razor doesn't have the same momentum as a metal razor and won't glide quite as smoothly. You probably want to counteract that with a sharp blade eg a nacet.

I use mine a lot for head shaving (most face shaves are with straights). A mild razor can be a good choice for head & body.

Where it really shines is for long backpacking trips or space travel where weight is at a premium. 16g is pretty good for a decent razor. The astronauts' choice.

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
I tried one some time back, my beard wasn't impressed with its mildness. Aside from the inefficiency, my preference is for more heft to a razor, with featherweights I have a known tendency to make up for the lack of oomph by pressing harder ,,

M

Member 113878

Got one a few days ago. (the Blue one)
First shave was with a new Derby extra blade, but despite having a nice shave, the feel was not very good.
Had a second shave with it today, but used a Blue Sword Platinum blade on its 3rd shave, and the result was much better, both in shave result and feel.
I'm going to try using a different handle next time. To get a bit more weight and lenght.
A blue handle from Edwin Jagger. (pictured below)

I wanted to ask about the blade alignment, which seems very strange to me:
1622995686155.png

I'd have thought the blade would be aligned with the base, but it's not aligned with anything.
There is more blade feel on the left side, down to zero on the right.
It's probably by design, but quite strange to me.

Thanks!

Don’t see a lot out there about this soap, but for whatever reason I’m intrigued by its description. Maybe because so many scents focus on nautical or babershop themes (and that’s okay) Anyone have any comments about this soap?

Ad Astra

The Instigator
🤔 I have it!

Pretty strong Sage and Palo Santo... These are spiritual medicine in some cultures.

I have some sticks of Palo Santo wood, and have smudged with white sage. There may be other stuff in there but that's what I pick up.

The Solstice I have is the regular base, and that is plenty good enough. Really like the PAA stuff. Don't have the aftershave for this one, but they run strong too.

Hope/helps.

AA

I don't have the soap, but I have the Soltice splash and like it a lot. It smells just like my local mountain trails (lots of white sage and black sage here) Only problem is being a natural scent, and starting off strong, it just doesn't last long (on me anyway).

Top Bottom