What's new

THEHTGAM/PPF/PH0ENIX/D0UGLAS/H0DGES/FRANCES Thread

The marketing and shilling that he does is shameless. But what really got me was the faked ingredient lists. I only used one PAA product many years ago and it burned the hell out of my skin. I won't tolerate lying when it comes to ingredient lists and product safety.

Thanks for sharing that. I completely agree. There are two many places out there to try to waste time on someone who pulls that. Why risk it at all?

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
And you could do it without wearing a disguise, lying about your ingredients, price fixing and a whole bunch more
And...just to pile on....
Basically lie about shipping. $14 2day shipping the only option at checkout. In that moment i thought ugh ok .... In the confirmation email sent after the sale which i usually don't read they claim the tell me its not 2 day shipping. Strike 4 very snarky emails from them blaming the price on the post office. Ya right. The post office jumped on their site and gave me 2 day shipping thats not 2 day but ground and plus 3 days packaging. At least they dont charge.for "handling" lol or do they?
Im so done with them

I thought I'd go on PAA's site and play around with the shopping cart to see what shipping charges would be. I put in a cheap PAA razor - got two shipping options, USPS 1st class (3 business days) at $3.09 and USPS Priority Mail (2 business days) at $7.01. Adding a puck of $15 soap (4 oz) gave me just one option, the USPS Priority at $7.01, not unreasonable.

I went to another site that gets a lot of love here. I started a cart with a cheap Fatip razor and a 4oz puck of 16.00 soap. The shipping options were USPS Priority at $7.89, Priority Express at $29.66, and Fedex Ground at $14.76. The cheapest shipping cost from this vendor was more that what PAA wanted for their cheapest method.

Nothing to get incensed about, at least from my little experiment.

I'm absolutely loving my stainless steel 6S and I'm thinking about picking up a rhodium plated 6S from Razor Emporium.
Do you guys think it's worth it?
Is there much of a difference in how it shaves?
Thanks

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Do some research on the business before you act. Plenty of threads regarding their customer service track record -- read up!

I have read from several jewelry websites that Rhodium does not plate well over SS and that the SS should be plated with nickel or gold before applying Rhodium. I don’t know if RE does this , it would be worth asking.

I've never tried a 6S, but I rather doubt it.

I found an Aristocrat in this condition ...
... then sanded (yes, sanded) the head down to the brass and polished it to this state:

I did feel a difference in the shave, but that's due to the horrible original roughness.

Wait - Is the 6S polished, or does it have a satin finish? If you want a shiny/smoother finish because of how it would feel I'd simply polish the cap.

I've never tried a 6S, but I rather doubt it.

I found an Aristocrat in this condition ...
... then sanded (yes, sanded) the head down to the brass and polished it to this state:

I did feel a difference in the shave, but that's due to the horrible original roughness.

Wait - Is the 6S polished, or does it have a satin finish? If you want a shiny/smoother finish because of how it would feel I'd simply polish the cap.
The 6S has a satin finished.
I'm interested in the rhodium version for both aesthetic and more importantly, performance.

I was about to ask the same thing about the rhodium 6s. I’ve been eyeing the different 6s’s trying to decide if I want to get one, or an adjustable. I need a change from the ole DE89

I was about to ask the same thing about the rhodium 6s. I’ve been eyeing the different 6s’s trying to decide if I want to get one, or an adjustable. I need a change from the ole DE89
I own a Karve and a Rex, and I've only had my 6S for a few days and I've already gotten the best shave of my life with it. I'm going to get a B plate for the Karve to see if matches/beats the 6S, but so far the 6S has been my best razor. Can't recommend it enough, especially for $84 brand new at RE.

Do you change the plates on yours on your neck, upper lip, etc.. or second or third pass. Or do you use one plate the whole shave

Top Bottom