What's new

The Wanderer's Journey

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member

I'm not sure I can better it, for the cost I know I cant. I've been using my Slim on 6 with a Perma-Sharp, my Grande with a Perma-Sharp and Feather and my MMOC. Absolutely spectacular shaves with CRS. My last few shaves with the MMOC have been the best shaves I've yet had.

CRS French Vetiver. I love that stuff.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
It's interesting to me that I have a bunch of other soaps (meaning I already paid for them and have no mortgage on any of them), but mostly I don't use them at all.

It must mean I like Vitos Red better.

Not that I could truthfully say I necessarily like VR better, but my behavior says I must.

Maybe tomorrow I'll use another soap.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Raven Koenes

My precious!
I'm not sure I can better it, for the cost I know I cant. I've been using my Slim on 6 with a Perma-Sharp, my Grande with a Perma-Sharp and Feather and my MMOC. Absolutely spectacular shaves with CRS. My last few shaves with the MMOC have been the best shaves I've yet had.

View attachment 1250434
I love CRS French Vetiver. I could roll in it just like that dog. In fact I probably do. That's a testament to my shaving abilities because I get nothing but excellent shaves with it.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!

View attachment 1250434

I really wasn't impressed with the sample I tried. Can't be 100% certain why. Maybe I ought to revisit it again in future. Won't be anytime soon though, as I have a fair bit of other cream that needs using first (full jar of St James, 2.1/2 tubes of Erasmic, two half tins of London Oatcake, and some samples)

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
Second Felce Aromatica shave, and same verdict reached. I'll keep that comment to this thread though, to save other forum users getting their knickers in a twist 🤣 Some folks really don't like it if you speak ill of their favourites :001_rolle

The scent seemed a little more demanding of my attention today for some reason, but wasn't too distracting. That could be a sign that I might tire of it though. Time will tell.

Performance on the first two passes was very good, though the all important third pass performance wasn't as comfortable as I expect from good soaps. However, it was just 36 hours since a previous three pass shave, and it was on a Nacet blade. Either of which performance points off a shave.

After two consecutive shaves with no post shave treatment, I'd say the post shave feel from this soap is quite neutral. Not as drying as Palmolive sticks can be, nor as nourishing as St James of London cream. Good, but not great. If it was £10/soap, I'd probably be singing it's praises, but at current prices, it won't be falling into my shopping basket. The Goodfellas Smile mug soaps*** perform a little better in my opinion, add lanolin (which works great on my skin), and are effectively about half the price per gram.

*** I've only tried the Italian Lemon so far, but have no reason to doubt that the Blueberry Grapes and Briarwood flavours will perform just as good.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
I think you have a larger stash of soaps than I do, Al. :ouch1:

Maybe less in play though. Only five are open, plus one sample. I should be able to open some more later in the year, once I've killed a few off. If I put my mind to it, I should be able to kill off the current Erasmic, both London Oatcake soaps, and a few samples by the end of the year.

What do you guys think about the CRS hard soap (vs their shaving creams)?

Just curious.

Happy shaves,

Jim
Not tried any of their hard soaps Jim, keep meaning to add one to my Connaught orders.
I have 2 CRS creams, Indian Sandalwood and French Vetiver, both excellent.

Bought THIS recently. Very nice cream indeed. I tried their Sandalwood years ago, and that was also very good and reasonably priced.

proxy.php

Maybe less in play though. Only five are open, plus one sample. I should be able to open some more later in the year, once I've killed a few off. If I put my mind to it, I should be able to kill off the current Erasmic, both London Oatcake soaps, and a few samples by the end of the year.
I only ever have one in play Al, the one I put in the bathroom just before a shave. :rolleyes:

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
I only ever have one in play Al, the one I put in the bathroom just before a shave. :rolleyes:

I did try that, Doug. Didn't end well.

I kept walking in to have a shave, forgetting nothing was in there, then having to go to the bedroom, face more choices than I want to, because everything is there, not a simple selection, get the kit, go back to the bathroom, which is two trips on a dodgy health day, and by then my head is no long in the mood for a shave. :letterk1:

Three choices stay in there now. Much simpler. Keeping the shaving kit somewhere other than where I'm going to use it, made as much sense as me keeping the bog roll on the bookshelf in the lounge. :crazy:

I did try that, Doug. Didn't end well.

I kept walking in to have a shave, forgetting nothing was in there, then having to go to the bedroom, face more choices than I want to, because everything is there, not a simple selection, get the kit, go back to the bathroom, which is two trips on a dodgy health day, and by then my head is no long in the mood for a shave. :letterk1:

Three choices stay in there now. Much simpler. Keeping the shaving kit somewhere other than where I'm going to use it, made as much sense as me keeping the bog roll on the bookshelf in the lounge. :crazy:
Whatever works for you Al.

Must admit, every shave I do starts with making decisions.

IMG_20210413_170026.jpg

From razors, to blades, to soaps, to brushes, to splashes and balms, It's a wonder I can actually get a shave in at all!

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
Whatever works for you Al.

Must admit, every shave I do starts with making decisions.

View attachment 1250836

From razors, to blades, to soaps, to brushes, to splashes and balms, It's a wonder I can actually get a shave in at all!

Wow! I couldn't do that, Doug. I'd end up going back to full beard again 🤣 I get flustered enough if there happens to be three brushes or four soaps to choose from :letterk1:

When I do change anything, it tends to be a yearning to use something specific, rather than looking at everything and trying to make a decision. I have to strike a balance between variety and complexity, and too much choice complicates things for me.

Top Bottom