What's new

The Two-Pass (CONUS) Passaround #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
For reference, here is the thread for the previous passaround.

I've waited long enough - it's time. For this iteration, I'm going to combine the types of passaround. There will be items that will stay in the box for everyone to try, and other items will be for trade.

The Two-Pass Passaround Box #2

The General Rules:

A. We will put in items related to B&B, with an emphasis on wet-shaving, but including items that are at home in sub-forums like the Nib, Brown Leaf, Haberdashery or Cafe. The starting box will definitely have some goodies for each.

B. We must put in items of a sum value that is (more or less) equivalent to what we take. If in doubt, increase the value!

C. I will pack up the box with items from my own supplies, including items bought just for this, and ship it to the first recipient. That person will spend no more than one week with the box, taking what he wants and replacing with interesting item/s. Generally available, lower-end items (such as VDH) are out of bounds.

D. This will continue until we reach the end of the list and the box will be sent back to me. Then I will start the cycle again, using the same list. Everyone gets two turns with the box! This time, though, I will alter the order for the Second Pass to keep things interesting.

E. We will plan ahead and put items into the box after considering the likes and dislikes of the people on the list. We have a whole forum's worth of posted preferences, questions and dreams; a little thoughtful research could make this a great thing for all concerned.

F. No tobacco, alcohol, or anything else that would violate US laws and/or B&B rules.

The Catch

* When the box reaches you for the second time, you MUST remove-and-replace anything that comes back to you. In other words, if your offering wasn't accepted by the group, you need to take it back and try again. If you followed through on (E), above, this shouldn't be an issue.

The Participation Rule

* To participate, you must have been a B&B member for at least 4 months and have at least 120 quality posts (my discretion). There's a bunch of good stuff here and I want to protect the experience by including those who are invested in the community.

The Gentlemen's Agreements

1. If you are interested, you must post "I'm in" and include a haiku (in 5-7-5 format) related to something about which you are passionate. No haiku, no entry - entertain us! :biggrin1:

2. I'm going to limit this to 11 participants (and myself). If there's more interest, I'll use a random-number generator to select the participants. I would like to have the box in the mail to the first recipient by October 7th, So I would like to have the list nailed down by October 1st, but we'll see...

3. I will post the list in this thread. If you are selected, you will need to PM to me your:
- Real name
- Screen name
- Email address
- Snail mail address
- Phone number

4. I will set up the initial list by zip codes to keep shipping costs as low as possible. This is a "two-pass" passaround, meaning that you will get the box twice, so plan to spend around $20 on shipping each time, probably 3 months apart.

5. You will send me a picture of the contents of the box upon receipt, and a picture of what you put in and take out, and I will give you the approval for the trade.

6. You will put the picture of your takes in the thread, but you won't list or mention what you put in so we keep the suspense alive.

7. Within reason, gently used items are fine, and you must be okay with receiving used items. Acceptable used items include razors, brushes, pipe stands, bow ties and other hard goods. Any used soft goods should be 90% or better. Above all, everything must be clean and well-packaged!

8. We will respect the "try but don't take" notes. I'll post the list of those items before the box starts (and update the list if/when we add to it along the way) so there is no confusion.

9a. We will take a little time to research the downstream participants and round up some items that will be appreciated.
9b. We will send the box on to the next player within one week of receipt – let’s keep it moving!

10. With apologies to our other brothers, I'm keeping this limited to CONUS because of what could be shipped.

"Try Before You Buy" Rules

There will be some "trade" items in the passaround box about which you may be curious, but not 100% sure.

• If it's a liquid or a cream, go ahead and give it one (little) try. If you don't like it, make sure it's sealed really well and put it back.
  • If it's something that you can try without taking any of it away from future participants (typically, hard goods), try that, too. If you don't like it, make sure it's completely clean and put it back.
  • Anything that is solid and would give up some of itself for your trial, like a soap puck, is out of bounds - feel free to sniff it, but that's it.

My Haiku

Soccer kids running,
in weak early morning light,
learning teamwork's joy.

So…who’s in?

Hmm, no interest after three days.
[MENTION=8775]captp[/MENTION], please close the thread. I may try again another time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom