What's new

The Trophy Room~Post your hunting photos here.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Indeed! The way he's been filling deer tags, I may skip deer season and find a place to hog hunt. They haven't pushed into my part of the state quite yet, but they're not far away.

Best to stop them before they start.

Congrats to your son. Veal jerky?

Best to stop them before they start.

Congrats to your son. Veal jerky?
There will be jerky for sure. Two of my boys are star athletes, this boy is all about hunting and smoking BBQ. I bought him his own electric smoker for Christmas last year. We basically quartered this deer, so we've got some nice roasts to work with, along with the backs traps. The tenderloins were about the size of a couple of hot dogs, so he kept those out for dinner last night. I've acquired a huge deep freezer since last year, so there's no worry on running out of room for game now.

$jackalope_tx2072_m6350.jpg

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
There will be jerky for sure. Two of my boys are star athletes, this boy is all about hunting and smoking BBQ. I bought him his own electric smoker for Christmas last year. We basically quartered this deer, so we've got some nice roasts to work with, along with the backs traps. The tenderloins were about the size of a couple of hot dogs, so he kept those out for dinner last night. I've acquired a huge deep freezer since last year, so there's no worry on running out of room for game now.

Man that sounds awesome. You must be a proud papa for sure.

I've never had Veal of any kind. I do remember when I was a kid my dad making venison jerky and to this day it was and is the best jerky I ever tasted. He actually had to hide a ziplock bag of it in his dresser drawer for himself because everyone was eating it so fast. We didn't find that out until after he had eaten the last of his stash :mad3:

Man that sounds awesome. You must be a proud papa for sure.

I've never had Veal of any kind. I do remember when I was a kid my dad making venison jerky and to this day it was and is the best jerky I ever tasted. He actually had to hide a ziplock bag of it in his dresser drawer for himself because everyone was eating it so fast. We didn't find that out until after he had eaten the last of his stash :mad3:
That's how it goes here too. We make it in his smoker, dehydrators and ovens can't even come close to the texture and flavor, best Christmas gift I've ever given.

My first deer at 310m using my mates .338 lapua magnum, his own design and custom built rifles. Need to find the rest of my deer pics...

Got these turkeys today with my .17hmr

And my longest .22 shot at 117m last week

Got my first rooster of the 2015 season yesterday! My pup, Shaker, was more that happy to do his part to point, find, and retrieve the bird...by comparison, my contribution was minor. I simply put him in a field, walked around a bit, and managed to not miss for a change. :lol:

Attachments

• $20151101_160019.jpg
    $20151101_160019.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 93
  • $20151101_145553.jpg
    $20151101_145553.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 92
Had fun this past week hunting in an extremely remote region of Texas about 50 miles from the border.

Was cull hunt arranged by my brother-in-law who knows the ranch's owners. Got to put venison in the freezer, use an M1 Carbine to take one deer, and got a bonus javelina, something I've never taken before. Had some javelina back strap this evening and also some javelina gumbo that my wife made up. Yum!

1st annual pheasant hunt from this past weekend. 4 of the hens are mine. The remaining 4 hens and the rooster were my hunting partner's.
$20151128_172019_resized.jpg

Success!!

I've never ate pheasant. Taste like chicken? more "gamey" ?

Honesty, I haven't either. It was my first time hunting them. I will have to get back on that. It's a darker meat than chicken.

Last edited by a moderator:
I tagged this guy this past Saturday, 12/19/15. He has an irregular rack but came out as a 10 point. Three of his tines were broken off. He was a warrior!
$Me&Buck.2.jpg
Here is a better view of the rack and the broken tines.
$Buck.FrontShot.jpg

Top Bottom