What's new

The Trophy Room~Post your hunting photos here.

$20141129_090252.jpg
My first deer. 9 point mule deer. Weighed over 250 lbs. Was one thick feller.

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
Finally got to get out to the ranch. 1st time in a year! Saw 14 turkey and 2 hogs. I took this hog at 129 yards at 12:24am. Just the moonlight. Got him right behind the right ear. No exit wound. DRT! Take a look at his left rear leg. He was missing the tendon. He dressed out at 160lbs.
The feeders are up and running and the game cameras are too. I added green LED feeder lights connected to solar power panel so they can run all night every night just to get the hogs used to it. That way they stay near the light and I don't have to wait for a full moon to go hunting.
Turkey season is just around the corner.

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 92

martym

Rock River Arms 308
NightForce 5 1/2 x 22 x 56 Scope
150 grain Hornady SST

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 83

martym

Sir, it is a blast to shoot!
It is extremely accurate!
And the scope is wonderful!

I am extremely blessed!

martym

Yup! Chairs and heaters!
They are fiberglass blinds 4' x 8' on 10' stands with a small porch.
i just got a 6 x 6 on a 1' stand so my father can get in easier. I got him a Chairpod. The swivel chair with the gun rest. He can see all 3 feeders without getting up.
And he has a padded cot!
Lots of quail and turkey. And of course hogs! Dad loves it! And that's all that really matters!

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Yup! Chairs and heaters!
They are fiberglass blinds 4' x 8' on 10' stands with a small porch.
i just got a 6 x 6 on a 1' stand so my father can get in easier. I got him a Chairpod. The swivel chair with the gun rest. He can see all 3 feeders without getting up.
And he has a padded cot!
Lots of quail and turkey. And of course hogs! Dad loves it! And that's all that really matters!

I knew it.
.....You're a good son Marty.:001_smile

martym

These were on my game cameras. Pics are from the last two weeks. I had the wrong date and time on one camera (either it's broken or I messed it up) and also I was lazy and just used my phone to snap the image off my computer screen as I was viewing. I corrected the date and time issue on my camera so hopefully that cat comes back. The pic of the cat was taken on March 2, 2016. I am pretty certain. But definitely the last two weeks. I have 3 feeders with cameras and all have turkey, deer, and hogs. So far there have been zero coons. There were many photos but these two rascals are the trophys!

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 67
  • $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 70

martym

This guy has already been harvested but he just doesn't know it!!! He is destroying the place.Didn't take him though cuz thunderstorms and hail were moving in fast!! But he doesn't have much time left!!!

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 64
That photo of the big cat is great! Are they making a comeback in your area, or have they never left? We haven't officially had one in Maine since the 1930s, but there have been some unconfirmed sitings and there's alot of wilderness up here

martym

I don't think they ever left us. They are just very rare to see. Some of my buddies who have lived here all their lives swear that is a picture of a Nilgai calf or cow. That's how rare it is to get a good look at a big cat! Before this, in my 50+ years of life I have only seen their tails as they run by. I love game cameras!!! They tell great stories!! Unless my life or another human life was in danger, I would not harvest that cat. Just a beautiful creature. I would love to see it take a hog though!!!

martym

Went yesterday evening to fill feeders and check cameras! My buddy took his grandson and at 8:17pm the young man had a 1 shot, 2 kill moment. A thru and thru head shot on the 1st sow that struck the sow behind her in the neck. A very happy young man and an extremely proud grandfather! The piglet was taken with a 9mm. We are using green feeder lights set to motion and the hogs come out and stay right under the feeder. It doesn't spook them. Long ago we only went hog hunting at night during clear sky, full moon nights. Now it just doesn't matter. We can go at anytime! Life is good!!

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 46
Top Bottom