What's new

THE THIN BLUE SMOKE THREAD XII

Pork Loin wrapped in bacon with home made BBQ sauce......
PL w Bacon Cooked.JPG

@DoctorShavegood
Thank you for the compliment.
The beans are an old tried and true recipe. Measurements are all by eye and are pretty flexible. You’ll need:
Can or 2 of Bush’s Baked Beans
Worcestershire sauce
Soy sauce
Tomato based BBQ sauce (your choice)
Molasses
Brown sugar
Spicy brown mustard
About a cup of pork shavings from leftover ribs or pulled pork
Small onion-chopped

Toss everything in a pot. Place in your smoker for a couple hours.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
@DoctorShavegood
Thank you for the compliment.
The beans are an old tried and true recipe. Measurements are all by eye and are pretty flexible. You’ll need:
Can or 2 of Bush’s Baked Beans
Worcestershire sauce
Soy sauce
Tomato based BBQ sauce (your choice)
Molasses
Brown sugar
Spicy brown mustard
About a cup of pork shavings from leftover ribs or pulled pork
Small onion-chopped

Toss everything in a pot. Place in your smoker for a couple hours.
See that’s the thing. Its that you put it in your smoker for that added something that is not in regular baked beans. I’m going to have to try that next time I smoke a brisket or pork shoulder or whatever. Thanks.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Doc said if I did that it'd help my blood pressure, but what does he know. :biggrin1:
Haha. I am at the point where if the cancer doctor calls me at midnight and tells me to go do jumping jacks in the backyard, I am heading out. :)

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Haha. I am at the point where if the cancer doctor calls me at midnight and tells me to go do jumping jacks in the backyard, I am heading out. :)
Hello, this is your Doctor….shavegood. I’m sorry for the late hour. Would you mind going out into the backyard and giving me 50 jumping jacks and to just make it really fun throw off 50 rounds of squat thrusts.

Sincerely,
Doctor….shavegood

My cardiologist had some rather restrictive views on red meat and oppressive thoughts regarding pork. Luckily my numbers, and my arguments regarding happiness and overall health kinda ended our talks on my diet.

Breaking in my 18” Webber portable with some ribeyes over lump charcoal and cherry wood chunks, serves with potatoes and fresh local corn on the cob. (Nice char and rare-med rare inside)

B52C94FD-C6B4-4C2E-8559-4165E0164E99.jpeg
B52C94FD-C6B4-4C2E-8559-4165E0164E99.jpeg

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
My cardiologist had some rather restrictive views on red meat and oppressive thoughts regarding pork. Luckily my numbers, and my arguments regarding happiness and overall health kinda ended our talks on my diet.

Breaking in my 18” Webber portable with some ribeyes over lump charcoal and cherry wood chunks, serves with potatoes and fresh local corn on the cob. (Nice char and rare-med rare inside)

View attachment 1314843View attachment 1314843
Been severely cutting out red meat and pork- fighting stomach cancer. Those look great. I’ve been doing good- may have to treat myself.

Top Bottom