What's new

THE THIN BLUE SMOKE THREAD XI

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Tonight...Brats. Over Royal Oak and several dried Hickory twigs from under the tree.

DSC_0008 (2).JPG

That was after the burgers were done, of course.

DSC_0012 (2).JPG

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Didn't get a chance to grill on Sunday, what with all the honey "dues" list being so large. So I said,"Aaron you deserve a few hours off early from work today to do some grillin'." I ran that by my boss, which is me, and he agreed. You might be asking yourself, "so you talk to yourself?' Yes I do, I've got to tell myself what to do some times. A good answer is pictured below.

Sausage for the chef, chicken thighs and tenders, poblano pepper and grass fed beef burgers.
20190318_163101.jpg

Last edited:

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Aaron, that sausage looks like its been messed with. Do you have a sneaky dog?
That reminds me of the tortilla bandit I have. My wife gets fresh made flour tortilla. She will spread them out before putting them back in the package- get rid of the residual steam so they don't get soggy. She comes back into the kitchen, and notices one of them has a bite taken out of it. She started to get upset then noticed that the size of the bite corresponded with the size of the mouth of our (at the time) three year old granddaughter. She just took a bite and put it back where she found it. She's a sneaky one :)

Didn't get a chance to grill on Sunday, what with all the honey "dues" list being so large. So I said,"Aaron you deserve a few hours off early from work today to do some grillin'." I ran that by my boss, which is me, and he agreed. You might be asking yourself, "so you talk to yourself?' Yes I do, I've got to tell myself what to do some times. A good answer is pictured below.

Sausage for the chef, chicken thighs and tenders, poblano pepper and grass fed beef burgers.
View attachment 964163

Something's fishy here... Aaron? From Austin? Grilling? The new Avatar?

First time grilling hot dogs on a live fire, have always used the gas grill. All beef topped with kimchi along with home dills, sweet relish, grainy dijon, Kewpie mayo...

file-45.jpeg
file2-30.jpeg
file1-35.jpeg

dave

shavefan

I’m not a fan
First time grilling hot dogs on a live fire, have always used the gas grill. All beef topped with kimchi along with home dills, sweet relish, grainy dijon, Kewpie mayo...

View attachment 967414 View attachment 967415 View attachment 967416
dave

I love the relief cuts in the dogs Dave. At a restaurant i worked at many years ago they had a kids menu which one of the choices was a hot dog. The chef made cuts just like that and I still do it to this day.

Chef, is that you?

Thanks BT!

Chef, naw not me, i borrowed the idea from street vendors with their hot dog carts, they can do the job post cook but my efforts sucked at that, doing the hatching before i cooked worked much much better.

dave

7C124C26-F692-48AD-8B97-48B07E05E5F0.jpeg
Tornado warnings popping up all over North Georgia/Southeast Tennessee. What to do??
Why....fire up the KJ and get a 6 1/2 pound brisket on the coals!!

Top Bottom