What's new

The Simpsons Fifty Series Appreciation Thread

What materials are you waiting on? They're not getting more butterscotch rod in are they? My only regret is ordering my 58 just after they depleted their butterscotch stock. I had a Duke 3 in butterscotch and it was the most beautiful brush I owned but unfortunately the handle was a touch short for me.

What materials are you waiting on? They're not getting more butterscotch rod in are they? My only regret is ordering my 58 just after they depleted their butterscotch stock. I had a Duke 3 in butterscotch and it was the most beautiful brush I owned but unfortunately the handle was a touch short for me.

Originally butterscotch, yes. But then I told Mark I'd pretty much settle for anything with the 58, but that I'm in no rush. He said there's no set date but originally quoted a month or more I think it was? I'd have to check my e-mails.

Either way, he ended up sending me a Butterscotch Manchurian Tulip-3 and then the other two custom 57's. Which aren't your typical handled variety. One has a Manchurian knot, the other a 2 band super.

Yes and no is my understanding. They had a bunch made already in different models. HOWEVER the 58 was not one of them.

I went back through my e-mails and Mark commented that they are currently having issues sourcing new butterscotch material, and that it could be a few weeks as they are "in the dark." His words.

So I'd say, they are currently selling the ones they have in stock and are going to possibly release more once they have sourced the material.

I recall Mark saying a few months ago they had 10 of each handles in Butterscotch (and stuffed with Manchurian) in the following:

Chubby 2, Chubby 3, Polo 8, Polo 10 & Tulip 3

BUT UNFORTUNATELY NO MENTION OF ANY BUTTERSCOTCH IN 57... (or and fifty series for that matter)

My 57 will be the standard handle colour.

$Chubby 2 Manchurian Butterscotch.JPG$Chubby 3 Manchurian Butterscotch.JPG$PL 8 Manchurian Butterscotch.JPG$PL 10 Manchurian Butterscotch.JPG$T3 Manchurian Butterscotch.JPG

Last edited:
I recall Mark saying a few months ago they had 10 of each handles in Butterscotch (and stuffed with Manchurian) in the following:

Chubby 2, Chubby 3, Polo 8, Polo 10 & Tulip 3

BUT UNFORTUNATELY NO MENTION OF ANY BUTTERSCOTCH IN 57... (or and fifty series for that matter)

My 57 will be the standard handle colour.

Yes - that jives with my recollection also. Are those all yours Ben?!

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Sorry - I'm not quite following - are you saying they are making butterscotch handles again?

Yes, Sir. The new Butterscotch handles are available for the LE brushes and, if requested, for custom made brushes. I did ask Mark to have a Chubby 1 Super in Butterscotch and should get it in about four weeks.

Yes, Sir. The new Butterscotch handles are available for the LE brushes and, if requested, for custom made brushes. I did ask Mark to have a Chubby 1 Super in Butterscotch and should get it in about four weeks.

Wow - thanks Marco! That seals it then. Look for my 58 Manchurian on the BST - my dream brush is another butterscotch custom Simpson.

I am a proud owner of Simpsons 58 in best badger hair. Wonderful brush. Should, IMHO, be up there with the Duke 3, especially in view of its longer handle. In contrast to Duke 3, the 58 would be excellent for use with mugs, bowls,scuttles and the like. However, as a face shaver I still love the 58. I wish I could afford one in 2-band (if it is made).

I got a Simpson 59 2 Band recently...it's an excellent brush. Shown here with some of my favorite things...

MWF, Slant 39C, Futur & Mergress LH

$brush1.jpg

Top Bottom