What's new

The Simpsons Fifty Series Appreciation Thread

proxy.php

As the proud owner of this new "57" I thought it might be a good idea to shine some light on an under appreciated line of Simpsons. (I think the Classic 1 and 2 deserve more notice too but that can be another thread)

For a brush that isn't even fully broken in I'm amazed at the lather this one produces.

Any other Fifty Series owners feel like chiming in? :w00t:

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
What a beautiful close-up shot! :w00t: And very nice post, too! :thumbup1: One day I will need to add a brush in the Fifty Series to my collection of Simpsons... :001_wub:

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
Uh, yeah I want to chime in. :biggrin:

I am not sure what prevents this brush from being one of the forerunners in the Simpson collection. It is hands down one of the best brushes I own. It, along with the Duke 3, will always remain in my collection. It borders on perfection, imo. Heck, I even give this brush (The "56") recognition in my sig line. Yeah, it's that good. :thumbup1:

Btw... MNTB

Marco Needs This Brush :yesnod:

Last edited by a moderator:
My "56" was bought direct from Mark at Simpsons because I wanted a loft around 43-44 and Mark did deliver a beauty. I must confess that when I first got my "56" I wasn’t wowed with it. Looking back I think it was a case of too many new brushes bought too close together. I used it maybe 8 times over the course of two months, then put it away. About 2 weeks ago I gave it a second chance and quickly developed a fondness for this brush and its handle design. After using it for the past two weeks I’m finding it difficult to go back to my normal favorites. My "56" is finally getting the appreciation it so deserves.

Attachments

• $56.jpg
    $56.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 835
Another lover of the 56 here. Similar to Brian, I wasn't particularly blown away with it when I first got it. In general I like slightly bigger brushes - bigger knots, at least. But the 56 has proven itself as a wonderful brush. Mine has the additional plus of having some sentimental value as it was a groomsman gift from a friend of mine.

I must confess, too, that I didn't initially love my 56. I have no idea why. I even listed it on the BST, but thank goodness no one wanted it! Another case of too many new brushes in too short a time, and this one was the smallest of the bunch. I love this little brush now, and I would not part with it. Here it is in its bloomed state:

proxy.php

proxy.php

Just 30 seconds of loading on the puck. (I usually do a full minute due to my hard water)

proxy.php

Less than a minute lathering my hand. This 57 is a lathermonster :lol:

PS - Thanks Marco

Last edited:
In before beginish!

proxy.php

One of the things I've liked about the Fifties is that their knots have good flow without sacrificing backbone. They're impressive little lather machines. :thumbsup:

I thought I had a Simpson's 57, but it doesn't have the same profile as the previous or the ones on the web:

$IMG_3894.jpg

Total height is 87, diameter 18, loft 40.

What do the experts say?

-jim

In before beginish!

proxy.php

One of the things I've liked about the Fifties is that their knots have good flow without sacrificing backbone. They're impressive little lather machines. :thumbsup:

I was going to say lets see some 58's or 59's! When I get around to a Fifty Series brush it's going to be a 58 or a 59. I just wish it looks as nice as that 58! :drool:

Top Bottom