What's new

The Simpsons Fifty Series Appreciation Thread

Did someone say "59"?

$lucabrasi.jpg

20170524_130209.jpg

Just got a 57. Judging by the box and label it must be a few years old. The previous owner said he rarely used it after getting a 57 in manchurian badger.

Used my 59 today. It's not fitting into my brush stand that I use in the shower when shaving. It's a great brush though.

I will have to get a stand with a larger gate.

This is the most bulb shaped Simpsons knot I have. I got it recently from eBay barely used. Probably from someone who visits here I imagine. It's got an older Made in England sticker.

IMG_20170528_135513.jpg

The 59 is not as tall as the Polo 8 but it is chunkier.

IMG_20170528_135530.jpg

OK this thread has tested my resolve and leapfrogged a 58 straight to the front of the line for my pending acquisitions. Thanks for sharing!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Used my 59 today. It's not fitting into my brush stand that I use in the shower when shaving. It's a great brush though.

I will have to get a stand with a larger gate.

This is the most bulb shaped Simpsons knot I have. I got it recently from eBay barely used. Probably from someone who visits here I imagine. It's got an older Made in England sticker.

View attachment 792438

The 59 is not as tall as the Polo 8 but it is chunkier.

View attachment 792439
Are those o-rings that you've put on those? If so that's an interesting idea, do you feel like you get added grip?

Are those o-rings that you've put on those? If so that's an interesting idea, do you feel like you get added grip?

O-rings. Yeah.

I have them on a few brushes. They don't really do anything functional. I thought they would help stop any clanking in my soap dish. At least in theory. In reality they just look neat.

I will have to get bigger ones to try one day. The little ones in the picture are too high up to improve the grip or anything.

Here’s a side-by-side comparison (for scale) of the 57 and the 59. The 57 is about as small as I would go (in this model), given the Fifty Series handles ergonomic grip profile. The 59 has the perfect amount of heft for when I want to go with a bigger/meatier brush. Also note, how the 57 has a higher loft then the 59, though according to the Simpson website, they both have the same knot diameter/width. Any idea as to why that is?
29820E53-3159-4004-8B48-84C61998BF6C.jpeg

Last edited:
Top Bottom