What's new

The SCORE! Post your acquisitions here

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
+1 I saw that rear sight and immediately thought, Millet? Erik is taking his shooting very seriously! :)

Yeah, and Bo-Mar and Millett are not cheap sights. That Dan Wesson sight should be as precise as those.

Dang, I need to get out the gun oil and 0000 steel wool and do some polishing.

DSC_0014 (2).JPG

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
I smell Bar-B-Que!!!

Lol'd

Oh that looks good, Erik.

I had to enlarge the pic. to make sure the rears sight wasn't a Bo-Mar.

As good a quality as Dan Wesson is the mags that came with it should work fine after a couple hundred rounds break in.

Thanks, Mike! I plan to run a couple hundred rounds through it in the next couple of weeks. Since it's not planned to be a defensive gun, I probably won't run it as aggressively as my other pistols. That might change though.

+1 I saw that rear sight and immediately thought, Millet? Erik is taking his shooting very seriously! :)

Aesthetically, I want crazy about the sights, but I wouldn't change them now that I can see the advantage.

Yeah, and Bo-Mar and Millett are not cheap sights. That Dan Wesson sight should be as precise as those.

Dang, I need to get out the gun oil and 0000 steel wool and do some polishing.

View attachment 990611

Nice! What model of Colt is that?

I think the world is ready for a cocked & locked Glock! No polishing necessary. :)

View attachment 990612

That might be your perfect pistol!

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
Series 80 Officers Model that Bill Wilson did A LOT of work on. I also put a match barrel bushing in it and experimented with recoil springs.

I really like that Dan Wesson of yours.

Very cool. :thumbup:

Thanks again. I'm liking it more and more... and I haven't even shot it yet!

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
La funda para pistola Colt Cobra...la Torilla.

Everything I've gotten from them has either been stamped or hand carved so I tried plain this time. The little Colt, loaded with shot cartridges, should be good snake medicine when I'm out fishing. This one has a thumbreak...I'd hate to drop it in the pond using my IWB with no retention. Should be here in about 3 weeks.

#77 “Tortilla” Holster – El Paso Saddlery

I picked this up fairly recently but I've been too busy to take it to the range yet. I plan on turning it into an SBR at some point, but I have to twiddle my thumbs and wait for someone to get the mainspring housing in stock so I can slap a buttstock on it. I also want a suppressor obviously, but I may or may not buy that first.

And before anyone asks, yes, I'll be getting a tax stamp for each.

IMG_3875.jpeg

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
I picked this up fairly recently but I've been too busy to take it to the range yet. I plan on turning it into an SBR at some point, but I have to twiddle my thumbs and wait for someone to get the mainspring housing in stock so I can slap a buttstock on it. I also want a suppressor obviously, but I may or may not buy that first.

View attachment 994403

Nice! Let us know how she runs once you're able to put some rounds through her. :thumbup:

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.

View attachment 994403

Wow! Threaded barrel, RDS, Suppressor height for co-witness? Not bad at all! :)

I think a closer look will reveal that that is not an RDS, but perhaps a 10-8 Precision rear iron sight? @Bubblehead, is that correct?
It is not a red dot sight, just regular iron of unknown origin - whatever Kimber uses. I've thought about an RDS because that'd be fun for long distance target practice but for quick-reaction home defense which will be this gun's primary purpose in life, I don't want to have to rely on sights or any kind when SHTF so I'll probably go with a laser/flashlight combo.

Top Bottom