What's new

The SCORE! Post your acquisitions here

shoelessjoe

"I took out a Chihuahua!"
I had ZERO interest in a Sig P320, and especially so a .40 S&W, but that all changed with an email from CDNN.
Touted as a “Like-New, Police Trade-In”, I took the bait & today came home with this ($349) unfired X-Series P320 Carry Model (w/SigLite night sights; spare mag; holster; bore snake & of course, the obligatory cable lock) ... and come Monday, the bargain-priced .357 Sig barrel should find its way into my mailbox & though I may have to pick up a replacement front sight because of it, that’ll be a small price to pay for a fine Sig chambered in my favorite cartridge...

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Congratulations Joe. Very nice! Who'd of ever thunk, That one day, people could get a Sig Sauer two magazines and a holster for only $349?

439EAF14-D444-4041-B09F-8176736CC76B.jpeg
Well done. Bargains on SIGs can be found. A while back I picked up a barely used P220R..
Case, 3 magazines, night sights, SRT (short trigger reset)
Believe it was a trade from the SC Bureau of Investigation.
Not quite as much of a steal as the P320 here, but a rockin’ deal nonetheless. I added the grips later....

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
I had ZERO interest in a Sig P320, and especially so a .40 S&W, but that all changed with an email from CDNN.
Touted as a “Like-New, Police Trade-In”, I took the bait & today came home with this ($349) unfired X-Series P320 Carry Model (w/SigLite night sights; spare mag; holster; bore snake & of course, the obligatory cable lock) ... and come Monday, the bargain-priced .357 Sig barrel should find its way into my mailbox & though I may have to pick up a replacement front sight because of it, that’ll be a small price to pay for a fine Sig chambered in my favorite cartridge...

Very nice! I'm very much looking forward to a range report once you get that .357 barrel. Heck, it'd be fun to hear about it if you decide to shoot some .40s through it before you swap out the barrel.

Nice! I agree

Nice! The .357 is my favorite as well.

shoelessjoe

Congratulations Joe. Very nice! Who'd of ever thunk, That one day, people could get a Sig Sauer two magazines and a holster for only $349?
Thanks, Okie ... I was pleasantly surprised at the 320’s condition when I unboxed it ... additionally, I was impressed with the Sig’s fit & finish - the slide-to-frame & modular trigger-to frame fit are ever bit as tight as a $3,000 custom 1911. No rattles, no slop.

Very nice! I'm very much looking forward to a range report once you get that .357 barrel. Heck, it'd be fun to hear about it if you decide to shoot some .40s through it before you swap out the barrel.
The factory .357 barrel arrived Monday, relegating the .40 barrel to reserve status. Went to the bench & churned out some lukewarm (1,300 fps) rounds for the 320. The next day, along with the Sig, I took my HK VP-40 (w/a RCM .357 barrel) & Steyr L40-A1 (also w/RCM .357 barrel) for some range time. Not surprisingly, and just like the (.40-to.357) Sig P226 & 229 w/a #6 front sight, the 320 shot smoothly, quite accurately, but noticeably low ... as with the 226 & 229, a #8 front sight will remedy that. Ironically, the VP-40, w/.40 sights & Steyr L40, with its (fantastic) Tri-Trap sights hit the target at POA. The general consensus & my experience is that the .40’s recoil is more pronounced (i.e., more muzzle-flip) than the .357’s, which is more of a straight-back push, with noticeably less muzzle-flip.

Bargain like that makes my P6 @ $330 seem overpriced.
$330 for a W. German Sig is a steal ... fine pieces & lots-o-history with those P6s & HKP7s. CDNN also had as-new, full-size .45 ACP & compact .40 S&W 320s for $369 & 349, respectively. The .45s must have flown off the shelf, as they’re presently out of stock.

View attachment 998973 Well done. Bargains on SIGs can be found. A while back I picked up a barely used P220R..
Case, 3 magazines, night sights, SRT (short trigger reset)
Believe it was a trade from the SC Bureau of Investigation...
That’s a fine looking 220, Acme ... my bargain-priced (.40) 226 & 229s are (CDNN) police trade-ins, too. The DAK 226 was listed as unfired & the 229 showed some miles. I picked up .357 barrels, front sights & replacement grips, then sent them back to Sig for SRTs & also had the 226 converted to SA/DA ... as with your 220, they’re fine-pieces.

...Nice! The .357 is my favorite as well.
Thanks ... I stumbled onto the .357 Sig back in the 90s when I was picking up brass at the range. I thought, “What an odd looking case.” Went home, went online to research the bottle neck & well, the rest is history. When it comes to reloading, the .357 SiG (& 7.62 x 25) are my favorites ... can’t count the number of cases I had to trash before I was finally was able, with much help from others, to dial-in those rounds.

Picked this up last weekend. Ruger EC9s. Great little gun. It's my new daily carry. Holster is a DeSantis 2001038.

IMG_2060.jpg

Last edited:
F0B011F8-B4C0-4744-A252-CC34D293088F.jpeg

Also pulled the trigger on a P320. It’s my first .40 so a .357 Sig barrel swap might be something to look into. It’s unfired but it was a gun show demo. Not $349, but I thought $389 was still a good deal. I typically keep a 1911 as my “truck gun”, but this might takes its place (who knows), either way I’m very happy

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
The factory .357 barrel arrived Monday, relegating the .40 barrel to reserve status. Went to the bench & churned out some lukewarm (1,300 fps) rounds for the 320. The next day, along with the Sig, I took my HK VP-40 (w/a RCM .357 barrel) & Steyr L40-A1 (also w/RCM .357 barrel) for some range time. Not surprisingly, and just like the (.40-to.357) Sig P226 & 229 w/a #6 front sight, the 320 shot smoothly, quite accurately, but noticeably low ... as with the 226 & 229, a #8 front sight will remedy that. Ironically, the VP-40, w/.40 sights & Steyr L40, with its (fantastic) Tri-Trap sights hit the target at POA. The general consensus & my experience is that the .40’s recoil is more pronounced (i.e., more muzzle-flip) than the .357’s, which is more of a straight-back push, with noticeably less muzzle-flip.

Thanks for the rundown. At this point, what's your preference between the Sig, the HK, and the Steyr?

Picked this up last weekend. Ruger EC9s. Great little gun. It's my new daily carry. Holster is a DeSantis 2001038.

View attachment 1000192

Sweet! It looks like pocket carry?

View attachment 1000415
Also pulled the trigger on a P320. It’s my first .40 so a .357 Sig barrel swap might be something to look into. It’s unfired but it was a gun show demo. Not $349, but I thought $389 was still a good deal. I typically keep a 1911 as my “truck gun”, but this might takes its place (who knows), either way I’m very happy

Awesome! Let us know what you think once you're able to put it through its paces.

shoelessjoe

Thanks for the rundown. At this point, what's your preference between the Sig, the HK, and the Steyr?
That’s a good question ... the 320, being new to me, is difficult to objectively rank, but it is worth mentioning, again, that the feel & slide-to-frame fit is just amazing! It’s a fine shooter, too.

I suppose I’d have to go with the Steyr, but the margin of ‘victory’ would be akin to a photo finish. I really like the ergonomics & triggers (Lobos trigger on the VP-40) on both the VP & the Steyr, but the triangle-trapezoid sights & the extremely low bore axis on the latter, for me, gives it the edge.

Speaking of Steyr, here’s a glimpse at their latest offering:

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
That’s a good question ... the 320, being new to me, is difficult to objectively rank, but it is worth mentioning, again, that the feel & slide-to-frame fit is just amazing! It’s a fine shooter, too.

I suppose I’d have to go with the Steyr, but the margin of ‘victory’ would be akin to a photo finish. I really like the ergonomics & triggers (Lobos trigger on the VP-40) on both the VP & the Steyr, but the triangle-trapezoid sights & the extremely low bore axis on the latter, for me, gives it the edge.

Speaking of Steyr, here’s a glimpse at their latest offering:

Sorry, for the late response. Thanks for the report. I looked up a couple of Steyrs after you posted this. They look like nice guns.

How to you like the Lobos triggers? Sorry, if I've asked this question before. Do you notice much of a difference in performance when they're installed?

View attachment 1004205

Here are my two summer acquisitions: Mossberg 590A1 and an M&P Shield.

A beautiful pair! What caliber is your M&P in?

Sorry, for the late response. Thanks for the report. I looked up a couple of Steyrs after you posted this. They look like nice guns.

How to you like the Lobos triggers? Sorry, if I've asked this question before. Do you notice much of a difference in performance when they're installed?

A beautiful pair! What caliber is your M&P in?

9mm. I have another 9 I sometimes carry, and honestly didn't want to have to have different ammo.

shoelessjoe

...How to you like the Lobos triggers? Sorry, if I've asked this question before. Do you notice much of a difference in performance when they're installed?
I do like the Lobos trigger ... smooth, with a slightly sharper break, shorter travel (& reset) than its stock counterpart, it is also more comfortable on the index digit due to its’ less-crescent-shaped profile. Performance-wise, yes, it does enhance the VP, as I’m sure the other wolf (Lone Wolf) does. Would I categorize it as a game-changer, comfort & aesthetics notwithstanding, not necessarily.

Here are my two summer acquisitions: Mossberg 590A1 and an M&P Shield.

Very nice ... my wife carries a 9mm Shield & they certainly are excellent shooters

Top Bottom