What's new

The MMA Thread

wow, aldo gets his rematch. but i wish they would have waited for edgar. if aldo wins, he's gonna end up fighting Frankie again.

that's a quick turnaround for bisping.

kelvin is known to gas a bit during his fights. maybe bisping is counting on that (no pun intended on his nickname).

just looked up the results for the fights that happened yesterday. nice to see arlovski, sage, and poirier pick up wins. i didn't know there was an event last night.

why was that guy wearing a diaper?

That Poirier fight was kind of shocking, what with the relative ease that he beat Pettis with. That first double leg was probably one of the most effortless takedowns I've seen.

Kelvin vs. Bisping is kind of intriguing. Both are guys who I often don't think will win, and then do, so it's hard to pick a winner, hahaha.

wow, aldo gets his rematch. but i wish they would have waited for edgar. if aldo wins, he's gonna end up fighting Frankie again.

that's a quick turnaround for bisping.

kelvin is known to gas a bit during his fights. maybe bisping is counting on that (no pun intended on his nickname).

just looked up the results for the fights that happened yesterday. nice to see arlovski, sage, and poirier pick up wins. i didn't know there was an event last night.

why was that guy wearing a diaper?

Look up Matt Brown vs Diego Sanchez on youtube.

just watched all of the finishes, well most of em.

diego went down bad. i don't know how many he has left.

Diego didn't look good. He looked a full weight class smaller than Brown. The guy has had a ton of fights, many of them wars. I hope this is both fighters last fight.

My first memory when I hear Ricardo Arona is when he had Rampage in a triangle choke and Rampage picked him up, slammed him down on the mat about as hard as you can slam a fellow, and knocked him the hell out. Aronas pretty good, but I don't see him beating the top UFC guys
matt hughes vs carlos newton was another good slam.

arona could have been a ufc champ in my opnion, too bad we never got to see him fight in the ufc.

just visited sherdog for a little bit, and the word is that woodley is defending against nate diaz.

it's not official, but apparently woodley wants that fight.

Speaking of heavyweights - how about Francis Ngannou's devastating KO of Overeem this weekend? That left hand, maybe a shovel hook(?), came from the floor and just about took his head off. He will fight for the title next, where Miocic will need to stay away from that power.

That was crazy. I can't wait to see him fight Stipe.

Speculation this morning says that this will happen January 20th, UFC 220 in Boston. I have to think that Miocic will avoid trading punches with Ngannou, using movement and wrestling stay away from that power.

Class move on his part not to hang onto it given his ulcerative colitis and uncertain future. Ironically, then champion Bisping may have been one of the few top MW he could have beaten.

I think with the UC it was definitely the best decision.

Part of me always wondered if Georges was just coming back for one fight, win or lose. I think he may have just wanted to test himself.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
proxy.php

Just when I thought he was back in ... they pull him out again!

agree with all of you.

I also think he might have had a shot at beating bobby knuckles, since he was also a welterweight before.

sucks about his illness, hope he can recover from this. but he may never be the same. Remember brock pre and post illness? i realize it's a different issue, but still.

Top Bottom