What's new

The MMA Thread

Rory McDonald looked great. That kid is going to be very good. Agreed!

Poor Akiyama, I hope he keeps his job. He just isn't up with the upper echelon of the UFC. I think he's safe, they need him for Japanese fans the way the need Bisqueen for Brit fans.

What'd you guys think of Hallman's fighting attire? It was absolutely hideous! Rumor has it Dana paid Ebersole a bonus just for getting Hallman out of the ring quickly.

My thoughts in bold...

UFC President Dana White announced during the event’s post-fight press conference that welterweight Brian Ebersole would also receive an extra $70,000 for his first-round stoppage scantily clad opponent Dennis Hallman -- in White’s words, “for [getting] those awful shorts off of TV as soon as possible.”

UFC President Dana White announced during the event’s post-fight press conference that welterweight Brian Ebersole would also receive an extra $70,000 for his first-round stoppage scantily clad opponent Dennis Hallman -- in White’s words, “for [getting] those awful shorts off of TV as soon as possible.”

I read Dennis Hallman was also fired after the fight. White wasn't quoted, don't know if he actually was cut after the bout. Dana was furious though.

I read Dennis Hallman was also fired after the fight. White wasn't quoted, don't know if he actually was cut after the bout. Dana was furious though.

That part actually surprises me. He was on a decent win streak prior to the loss. Oh well I guess Hughes will never get his chance at revenge.

I thought that Tito looked pretty good, Rashad just looked really good. Akiyama went about they way I expected.

When Dana was asked about Akiyama he said that they really want him to fight at 170.

Last edited:
Thoughts on tonights UFC event?

I read win or lose, Lytle is retiring. I hope he goes out with a win.

My money is on Jim Miller, I really like the Miller Bros.

just watching Inside MMA and saw Jake Ellenberger talking about his upcoming fight against the oh so boring Jake Shields....

"Jake Shields, you're as exciting as watching a bowl of mashed potatoes
get cold," Ellenberger posted on his Twitter account. "Your days are
numbered."

he hit the nail on the head...granted i haven't seen him fight too many times, but his interviews, demeanor and fight style is not very flashy or exciting.

Thoughts on tonights UFC event?

I read win or lose, Lytle is retiring. I hope he goes out with a win.

My money is on Jim Miller, I really like the Miller Bros.

I almost forgot about this one altogether. I'm watching the end of it now. Tough call on the Miller fight. I just hope "Lights Out" KO's Dan Hardy. I can't stand Hardy and as you know Lytle is a Hoosier!

Henderson looked fantastic, Miller didn't look so hot. Tons of submission attempts, but he couldn't put one together.

What the heck was Hardy thinking????? Going for a takedown? Lytle has 3 SOTN bonuses for a reason. I'm really happy for Lytle, what a class act.

Henderson looked fantastic, Miller didn't look so hot. Tons of submission attempts, but he couldn't put one together.

What the heck was Hardy thinking????? Going for a takedown? Lytle has 3 SOTN bonuses for a reason. I'm really happy for Lytle, what a class act.

True Indiana Boy!

very odd strategy Dan Hardy came with after a standing KO didn't manifest. Lytle is the man for sure. Ben Henderson is a beast!

I was thinking the same thing. I think he was starting to get desperate, he knew he was losing the fight and had to try something.

Henderson looked great!

I like Amir but he was totally out classed on the feet, I think that Duane was gassing and that's about the only thing that saved Amir from getting KO'ed.

How about Donald Cerrone? He looked pretty good.

For now, Hardy has the Akiyama halo. Just about nothing will get him cut from the promotion. Part of the master plan that Dana and the Fertitta brothers talk about in their secret hide-out.

I think Hardy has to get really serious about this training I think he needs to go to a camp like Jacksons or Extreme Couture or Daniel Cormier over at AKA and really learn some wrestling, he stood and threw, but he didn't look like his heart was too in it.

I respect fighters like Hardy and Akiyama that will put on a show and I'm glad they haven't been cut from the UFC.

I'm very surprised and pleased about the outpouring of support and admiration for Chris Lytle, living in Indianappolis he is the king of MMA around here. I've met him before and he's a great guy. I believe Rob has met him before as well. I'm so glad to see all of the fans around the country supporting him. He always put on a show and left everything in the cage. What a top notch fighter.

I think Hardy has to get really serious about this training I think he needs to go to a camp like Jacksons or Extreme Couture or Daniel Cormier over at AKA and really learn some wrestling, he stood and threw, but he didn't look like his heart was too in it.

I respect fighters like Hardy and Akiyama that will put on a show and I'm glad they haven't been cut from the UFC.

Doesn't Hardy have something to do with Extreme Couture? I know he's trained with Eddie Bravo at 10th Planet too.

For now, Hardy has the Akiyama halo. Just about nothing will get him cut from the promotion. Part of the master plan that Dana and the Fertitta brothers talk about in their secret hide-out.

Exactly!

I'm very surprised and pleased about the outpouring of support and admiration for Chris Lytle, living in Indianappolis he is the king of MMA around here. I've met him before and he's a great guy. I believe Rob has met him before as well. I'm so glad to see all of the fans around the country supporting him. He always put on a show and left everything in the cage. What a top notch fighter.

Yup, Chris is a class act for sure.

Maybe he was there, I know he was at Roy Nelson's camp in Vegas He's got to learn a ground game or might as well go to K1.

You're right--wasn't Nelson in his corner (I watched it on line, so it was hard to tell)? I think he's been training with Eddie Bravo for a while--remember he tried to go for rubber guard when GSP was tooling him.

Top Bottom