What's new

The Journal Of Huck...

You too!
Still here. Not much new happening, Lol!!
I'm enjoying my current razors so much that the RAD has kind of been under control.
I do have a Hone razor on the way though from the Netherlands.
We'll see how that one is!
What material did you get the Hone in? I really liked the minimalist design etc. It's also a heavy razor...very. You do let the thing do the work.

What material did you get the Hone in? I really liked the minimalist design etc. It's also a heavy razor...very. You do let the thing do the work.
I ordered the aluminum one in black. I've read that it's quite substantial for an aluminum razor. It was also the cheapest way to try one out!
Incredibly, he includes shipping in the price so it seems like a decent deal. Not many vendors include shipping from Europe!
If I like it, I'll probably order the stainless one at some point. I just got a tracking number today so I expect it to arrive next week (I hope!)

Side note:
I mentioned that I'm enjoying the razors I currently have. You found other razors better than the Pils and sold it. The Pils is my hands down greatest closed comb DE I've ever tried. I absolutely love it and the more I use it, the better it gets.
Shaving perfection for me!!

I would take a slightly longer period in mind - just in case experience.

Larry, was this from a vendor or a shaver? Never seen a Hone for sale here.

Guido
Hi Guido,
I ordered it direct from Hone. So I guess it's coming from your side of the pond!
Hone is in the Netherlands so I'm wondering why you've seen none there?
Do they maybe not advertise them there?
By the way, it shipped via PostNL and shows a delivery date of April 1-4

Hi Guido,
I ordered it direct from Hone. So I guess it's coming from your side of the pond!
Huh? Never too old to learn! I didn’t know that - or totally forgot. I would be very surprised if they actually produce them here as well. Address doesn’t appear to be a factory or production location at least. More like a trade office. But that doesn’t say anything about the razor itself of course. Well known in that sense.

So I might have free shipping! lol!

PostNL is our Royal Mail. My guesstimate would be it will arrive the week after 4 April. It first needs to pass customs and it’s Easter Weekend end of the week (we have two Easter days here Sunday and Monday).

Anyway, exciting you are getting a new razor! That Pils keeps intriguing me also. I did some contemplating yesterday and found that my rational mind says I need to sell a few while my emotional mind screams NOOOOO!

Cheers,

Guido

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
Hi Guido,

Huh? Never too old to learn! I didn’t know that - or totally forgot. I would be very surprised if they actually produce them here as well. Address doesn’t appear to be a factory or production location at least. More like a trade office. But that doesn’t say anything about the razor itself of course. Well known in that sense.

PostNL is our Royal Mail. My guesstimate would be it will arrive the week after 4 April. It first needs to pass customs and it’s Easter Weekend end of the week (we have two Easter days here Sunday and Monday).

Anyway, exciting you are getting a new razor! That Pils keeps intriguing me also. I did some contemplating yesterday and found that my rational mind says I need to sell a few while my emotional mind screams NOOOOO!

Cheers,

Guido
I agree with Guido. You have to add a week to 10 days to the delivery date if you don’t want to be disappointed.

Guido, I haven’t felt it for a while now, but just the other day, I put a few razors in storage because they were cluttering the bathroom vanity. I feel like I just might have too many razors….again.

I don’t have any I want to sell or give away. That’s the problem. <eg> I guess I’ve had worse problems. ;)

I ordered the aluminum one in black. I've read that it's quite substantial for an aluminum razor. It was also the cheapest way to try one out!
Incredibly, he includes shipping in the price so it seems like a decent deal. Not many vendors include shipping from Europe!
If I like it, I'll probably order the stainless one at some point. I just got a tracking number today so I expect it to arrive next week (I hope!)

Side note:
I mentioned that I'm enjoying the razors I currently have. You found other razors better than the Pils and sold it. The Pils is my hands down greatest closed comb DE I've ever tried. I absolutely love it and the more I use it, the better it gets.
Shaving perfection for me!!
Glad you like the PILS. Maybe they changed a few things over the years. I know your shaving experiences etc tend to mimic my own, so maybe there were some tweaks and refining done. That's a guess on my part.
The AL version of the Hone is a good way to go. I had the SS and it was just ok. This might turn out to be like the PILS was for me, kinda so-so but great for you. Also the aluminum is intriguing...because the Snap and the ShaveIt I have both turned out to be very good shavers for me even though I don't normally like AL that much...Hmm

reface_1603146795502_548.GIF

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
Kim, is there any way you can install a shelf in your bathroom? Perhaps above the toilet, if there isn't one there already. Then get a test tube rack to store/hold some of your razors. Just a suggestion because that has worked really well for me.

View attachment 1818048
That looks nice... At the moment, I have my bronze and brass razors displayed on top of my tall dresser and my SS and one Titanium razor on the bathroom vanity top. After I put a few away, it looks more than presentable... with a few brushes sitting there as well.

My wife is an ummmmm interior designer by education and trade. Shelving units in a shared master bath would be a no-no, trust me. <eg>

That looks nice... At the moment, I have my bronze and brass razors displayed on top of my tall dresser and my SS and one Titanium razor on the bathroom vanity top. After I put a few away, it looks more than presentable... with a few brushes sitting there as well.

My wife is an ummmmm interior designer by education and trade. Shelving units in a shared master bath would be a no-no, trust me. <eg>
Hahaha...that's funny. I'm allowed to use the 1/2 bath for my den...which works out pretty good.

Cheers,

Guido
-From what I've read, they're made in a small shop there by one person. I don't know if the address listed coincides with the shop though. If you're interested in the Hone, I'd look into them. Heck I got free shipping to the States which means that you should pay zero as well. And you'd get it quickly!
-As for the wait, no rush! I've got my other razors to keep me entertained in the meantime.
-The Pils: It's fantastic (for me) but I'll never recommend it. Reason being is that I've read many polarizing opinions
on the Pils due to it's odd shape, weight distribution and shave results. For me it's amazing!
Matter of fact, I knew about it since I started wet shaving and was always intrigued but stayed away due to the high cost and mixed reviews. I wish I would have gotten it from the beginning. It's a German masterpiece!

Glad you like the PILS. Maybe they changed a few things over the years. I know your shaving experiences etc tend to mimic my own, so maybe there were some tweaks and refining done. That's a guess on my part.
The AL version of the Hone is a good way to go. I had the SS and it was just ok. This might turn out to be like the PILS was for me, kinda so-so but great for you. Also the aluminum is intriguing...because the Snap and the ShaveIt I have both turned out to be very good shavers for me even though I don't normally like AL that much...Hmm

View attachment 1818032
I honestly don't know if Pils changed anything. I read that wayyyy back (around 10 years ago), people complained of them starting to rust on the pivot bearing. And Pils fixed that!
Other than that, I haven't read about any other tweaks.
And about the Hone, I'm very much looking forward to it. I say the same thing about every new razor that I buy! 🤣

Top Bottom