• Arnold Schwarzenegger

• Robert De Niro

• Robert Mitchum

Results are only viewable after voting.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Ok, As best I could, I totaled all the names up from this thread;

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showth...atest-Movie-Tough-Guy-of-All-Times?highlight=

and sorted them and came up with the following list;

John Wanye 11
Clint Eastwood 7
Bruce Lee 6
Lee Marvin 6
Toshiro Mifune 6
Chuck Norris 5
Sylvester Stallone 5
Arnold Schwarzenegger 4
Robert De Niro 4
Robert Mitchum 4
Bruce Willis 3
Henry Fonda 3
James Cagney 3
Lee Van Cleef 3
Sean Connery 3
Charles Bronson 2
Daniel Day Lewis 2
Danny Trejo 2
Denzel Washington 2
Dwayne Johnson 2
Ernest Borgnine 2
Gene Hackman 2
Humphrey Bogart 2
Jack Palance 2
Kirk Douglas 2
Liam Neeson 2
Mel Gibson 2
Michael Madsen 2
R. Lee Ermey 2
Ron Perlman 2
Samuel Jackson 2
Steve McQueen 2
Takeshi Kitano 2
Viggo Mortenson 2
Yul Brynner 2
Adrien Brody 1
Al Pacino 1
Alejandro Jodorowsky 1
Anthony Quinn 1
Antonio Banderas 1
Bengt Ekerot 1
Bill Duke 1
Bruce Campbell 1
Bruce Durn 1
Burt Lancaster 1
Charleton Heston 1
Christian Bale 1
Christopher Walken 1
Daniel Craig 1
Dennis Hopper 1
Dolph Lundgren 1
Eli Wallach 1
Elvis Presley 1
George C Scott 1
Gregory Peck 1
Harrison Ford 1
Harvey Keitel 1
Hugh Jackman 1
Jack Elam 1
Jackie Chan 1
James Caan 1
James Stewart 1
James Woods 1
Jason Statham 1
Jeremy Renner 1
Jesse Ventura 1
Jet Li 1
Joe Don Baker 1
Joe Pesci 1
John Fred Dryer 1
Juan Maria Ramirez 1
Kevin Spacey 1
Kiefer Sutherland 1
Kurt Russell 1
Malcolm McDowell 1
Marlon Brando 1
Megatron 1
Michael Chiklis 1
Michael Rooker 1
Micheal Douglas 1
Mickey Rourke 1
Mr. T 1
Optimus Prime 1
Paul Newman 1
Randy Quaid 1
Richard Harris 1
Robert Davi 1
Robert Forrester 1
Roddy Piper 1
Rutger Hauer 1
Sam Elliott 1
Shintaro Katsu 1
Sidney Poitier 1
Sonny Chiba 1
Sterling Hayden 1
Steven Seagal 1
Telly Savalas 1
The Hulk 1
Thomas Jane 1
Tom Hardy 1
Tom Laughlin 1
Tommy Lee Jones 1
Tuco Benedicto Pacifico 1
Uma Thurman 1
Vin Diesel 1
Vinnie Jones 1
Wesley Snipes 1
Wile E Coyote 1
Will Smith 1
Willem Dafoe 1
William Forsythe 1

The Top 10 on the list with vote counts ranging from 4 to 11 are;

John Wanye
Clint Eastwood
Bruce Lee
Lee Marvin
Toshiro Mifune
Chuck Norris
Sylvester Stallone
Arnold Schwarzenegger
Robert De Niro
Robert Mitchum

So let's vote.

Who was the Greatest Movie Tough Guy of All Times?

Last edited:
I must be destined to be a future Hollywood Tough Guy, because I was the first to respond to the previous thread and was the first to reply here and vote here, even though I haven't been on the board in a week! I vote for myself! No, I voted for The Duke.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
I must be destined to be a future Hollywood Tough Guy, because I was the first to respond to the previous thread and was the first to reply here and vote here, even though I haven't been on the board in a week! I vote for myself! No, I voted for The Duke.

It's like an eerie 6th sense you have about these things.

I was actually tossed between Mitchum, Marvin, De Niro and Eastwood. Ok, John Wayne is the favorite but he usually played the nice friendly type hero more than a tough guy. Marvin, and Mitchum even had that hard edge look and usually played that role quite well in films. De Niro's role in Cape Fear was not only as a tough guy, but a scary one at that. One of his best roles he played in my book especially during the last 1/4 of the film. Pachino is not on the list, but one of my favorites in the modern era, although I would only give him a "semi-tough". Eastwood was my pick, the loner who went by his own rules, western and cop roles.

I voted for Clint Eastwood. I remember watching The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly when I was a kid. His more modern movies aren't bad either, loved Unforgiven.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
I always saw The Duke as bigger than life, but never as the typical " Tough Guy".

It was a toss up between Eastwood and De Niro. I ultimately went with De Niro and have no basis for my choice other then a gut reaction

Clint got my vote. Woulda been for Daniel Day Lewis if he made the cut, but can't go wrong with the man who now speaks to invisible people.

I voted for Arnie. I just love the cheesy 80s/90s action flicks and his one-liners are the best of them all. Also, he's got the biggest muscles so that makes him the toughest right?!?

This list, gotta be Clint.
From the Spaghetti Westerns to Dirty Harry to The Eiger Sanction and beyond, if you absolutely have to be the meanest mutha in the room, accept no substitutes.

Come on guys, we all know Clint Eastwood has been the meanest toughest SOB that walked on the screen for 50 years or more! even know, hes old as poo, and he still has that tough guy look!

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
I was called Steven Seagal once when i was in school, im surprised he didn't make the poll.

I'm gonna give Bruce Lee my vote. He was never in the Bridges of Madison County.
Ha! Good point, but Clint is still alive. William H. Munny was about as bad an *** as you could have a nightmare about. Most of the Kung-Fu stuff is a little cartoonish IMO. I voted for Lee Marvin anyway. Anyone that could ride the No. 9 and take out the Shak, plus lead a group of degenerate inmates and infiltrate Nazi Germany gets my vote.

I was called Steven Seagal once when i was in school

Hopefully, you weren't in the drama/theater club.

You guys are breaking my heart. I like Clint Eastwood. I actually like Clint Eastwood more than John Wayne. But John Wayne set the bar for tough dudes and had a 50 year career of being a tough dude.

Top Bottom