What's new

PIF - Shave like a MAN for all of 2014

Gents!

So you've been tossing around the idea of wet shaving, but keep finding excuses? "I don't know what to buy, don't have the money, not sure where to start, what blades should I get?"

Maybe you're a seasoned veteran that just likes good shaving gear at the best price and can't find a vendor willing to give you them for free.

Well your excuses have no place here. To celebrate my first year on the forum, I'm giving away everything you need to begin shaving like a man for THE ENTIRE YEAR OF 2014!!! (If you can fight off the ADs)

If you're already shaving like a man, you can at least beef up your den with some quality gear!

What's in it for you?

1) H2 (1962) Gillette Slim Adjustable - Yeah the numbers have lost their paint, sure it isn't sexy as it was when it was new, but it still works great! The men who used this before were Korean War vets, Blue collar bad asses, guys who threw caution to the wind daily, eating all the gluten they wanted, drinking non-organic milk, and water from the tap! The razor may not be pretty, but it is fully functional, and will give you a good shave.

2) Semogue 1460 Boar Brush - Nothing like a good boar to mow through tough soap like a BOSS! Give it some time to break in and you'll wonder how something so tough can be so gentle. Like Clint Eastwood feeding baby rabbits milk with an eye dropper.

3) Proraso Green in the tub. Smells good, lathers easily, works great, If you can't get this to lather, you deserve canned goo!

4) TOBS Shaving Shop cream - Smells great, lathers great, shaves great.

5) Hirsh Luxury shaving cream - Sandalwood, AoS quality without AoS Prices

6) Arko Stick - Smells like Lemon PEZ, lathers GREAT.

7) 100 Astra SPs - This is a solid workhorse blade, my daily driver.

8) Original A/V Ice Blue, A/V Musk: Now that you're shaving like a man, you need to smell like a man. This stuff burns a little at first then you feel great, ready to take on a long day of ripping stumps out of the ground, rendering boar fat, or whatever manly things you do outside the shave den.

9) Some additional odds and ends may find their way in this box....

Everything in this PIF is unused except for the razor.

What are the rules?

Just say "I want to shave like (Insert your favorite badass here)" It can be Clint Eastwood or even your WWII vet grandpa, just someone who would be proud of your decision to put a DE blade to your skin. Also, pick someone who hasn't already been chosen, nobody wants to see 100 Lee Marvins. (In fact I'm pretty sure 100 Lee Marvins are illegal in 48 states).

Note: Your choice CAN'T BE JOHN WAYNE. He was the gent's choice that one the last PIF with this theme, so he's been retired to the hall of fame.

Selection will be done using random draw on 20 December. (PIF is available Worldwide if you're willing to pay shipping after the first $15. Understand, I can't send the aftershave either)

If there is anything in here you know you won't use, tell me before I send it out to you. I'll PIF it to another guy (trust me, you won't hurt my feelings doing this....especially since I don't have any after shaving like a man this long)

EDIT: There is a soap I forgot to add to the list, anyone who guesses what it is will be entered twice.

Last edited:
I want to shave like Chuck Norris! yea I went there! I am entering for an Active Duty Air Force friend of mine

I want to shave like Gen. Patton!

Thank you for this generous PIF. Winning this would be a great way for someone to gear up.

I think Patton would have used Williams, so that is my guess on the soap.

Last edited:
I want to shave like my granddad, John D. Carroll, WWII vet and the toughest cowboy in our part of the country.

He rode the bad horses that whipped everybody else out, and would fight a circle saw just to see if be could dull the teeth.

He was a tough man who was gentle with ladies, puppies, kids, and baby colts.

His hat, spurs, and lariat rope hang in my office.

I watched him lather up and shave many a morning.

my soap guess is Williams , the ultimate blue collar soap.

Last edited:
I want to shave like Yul Brynner. :) (the badass of all time, constant BBS Headshave )
Awesome PIF!!!.
Thanks

Extra soap: Mike's Barbershop

Last edited:
I want to shave like Rambo! He's not too worried about getting a BBS, but probably gets a good enough shave just using his Bowie Knife!
I can't wait to see where this thread is going to end up.
Cheers!

I want to shave like Uncle Jim: WWII & Korea.
Guess on soap: Palmolive.

Thank you for your service and for a great PIF.

Ok all that in one year ? I don't think I could use up all that in a year

"I want to shave like Sergeant Yakov Pavlov"
who? you say.
well first this poor guy was in the Russian army, no place for wimps.
during world war two. now that sucks even more. At the time the soviet motto was die for your country or be shot for Cowardice.
Well, He was asked, or more like told to retake a building that the Nazis taken, in Stalingrad.
He lost all but four men in the assault.
All he had to do was hold the building against the German army and well he did you can read about it here.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yakov_Pavlov

Ok, actually he is way to Tough for me to shave like him.

Last edited:
Top Bottom