What's new

The Cult of Streamline - Streamline & Jewel owners

Haha, Alex you have the funniest pictures and GIFs.

What handle is that?
I am all at once impressed by its beauty and revolted at a Streamline/Jewel improperly adorned with its perfectly designed handle.

LOL, yeah the Streamline handle is definitely one of the better SE handles around. This handle is from Cooncat Bob, his aluminum Bull Mastiff.

That's a nice handle/head combo Erik!

Ben

Thank you sir, looking forward to hearing your reviews of the Streamline.

Haha, Alex you have the funniest pictures and GIFs.

LOL, yeah the Streamline handle is definitely one of the better SE handles around. This handle is from Cooncat Bob, his aluminum Bull Mastiff.

Thank you sir, looking forward to hearing your reviews of the Streamline.
Thank you, i am just trying to make things funny and informative too...

Received my Ever Ready Streamline set today. Great condition! The case is dirty but the lettering is all there and will clean up nice.... only a couple small cracks in the back which are hardly noticeable. The razor and stropper are both in great condition as well..... even the Tech in the middle that came with it is in near mint condition! No strop..... as was suspected..... but there were two little nasty bakelite styptic cases..... witch the styptic still in one of them. The blade holders had 6 Corrlux (sp?) blades in them as well.

I shaved with it this evening and I got a BBS in two passes. A few weepers, but no burn. Just gotta get onto the blade angle and this will definitely be a favorite. Pictures will follow in the near future.

Ben

Received my Ever Ready Streamline set today. Great condition! The case is dirty but the lettering is all there and will clean up nice.... only a couple small cracks in the back which are hardly noticeable. The razor and stropper are both in great condition as well..... even the Tech in the middle that came with it is in near mint condition! No strop..... as was suspected..... but there were two little nasty bakelite styptic cases..... witch the styptic still in one of them. The blade holders had 6 Corrlux (sp?) blades in them as well.

I shaved with it this evening and I got a BBS in two passes. A few weepers, but no burn. Just gotta get onto the blade angle and this will definitely be a favorite. Pictures will follow in the near future.

Ben

Congratulations Ben, glad your Streamline arrived safely and in great condition. Hope you continue to enjoy the shaves from it.

Ben
Ben show us the pics.......

Ya know what today was.........with the Pellas in it
proxy.php

I have a question about the Streamline sets. Does anyone actually use the stropper? Does it help? It predates the harder stainless steel blades, but maybe Treets or Blue Stars might benefit? I'm wondering if I should just set my sights on finding the Streamline razor without the stropper and strop.

mswofford

Rest in Peace
Dcobranchi; I haven't used the stropper yet and probably won't very soon except for fun. If you just want to shave with a Streamline you might save money if you get just the razor without the case or the stropper. However, as hard as they are to find for sale, you might not have a choice. I bought what was available twice which were cased sets to get the razor.

I have a question about the Streamline sets. Does anyone actually use the stropper? Does it help? It predates the harder stainless steel blades, but maybe Treets or Blue Stars might benefit? I'm wondering if I should just set my sights on finding the Streamline razor without the stropper and strop.

The new Gem blades are sharper, the stroper was for reusing the original blades.

I walked into a second hand goods store today, was casually browsing. I stumbled upon (what I thought was a streamline), asked the lady how much it was, she replied $10 (Australian).
So I snapped it up, got outside the shop with it to examine it closer.
Turns out I bought a mint condition Gem Jewel!
This baby shines so bright!

I'm going to shave with it today but it is exactly the same length/ weight/ size and has the same number if teeth as my streamline, so glad I found sucha bargain!

** please excuse any typos as I'm on my phone and shaking with excitement!

I walked into a second hand goods store today, was casually browsing. I stumbled upon (what I thought was a streamline), asked the lady how much it was, she replied $10 (Australian).
So I snapped it up, got outside the shop with it to examine it closer.
Turns out I bought a mint condition Gem Jewel!
This baby shines so bright!

I'm going to shave with it today but it is exactly the same length/ weight/ size and has the same number if teeth as my streamline, so glad I found sucha bargain!

** please excuse any typos as I'm on my phone and shaking with excitement!

Well done! There's nothing quite like seeing the gleam of chrome from these amongst the dust and debris of a second hand shop!

I have no idea as to how much these gems are worth (even though I don't plan on selling it) but I'm fairly sure $10 is quite the steal.

Top Bottom