What's new

THE Cartridge Razor Thread

I need your thoughts on this, my friend has a brithday in a couple of weeks.
I will buy him an HJM brush, soap and a razor.
He is a fellow wet shaver and he never used cartridge razor but said he wanted to try and own one, he only used disposables and DE. He has thick beard so I do not know which razor to choose; Mach 3 Turbo or Fusion Proglide.
So what would you recommend between the 2. Proglide is in my rotation I have to say it's not bad at all, but there is less clogging in Mach 3.
Also another option is to buy him a Gillette SS Red Tip or gillette tech and hundred GWP's, actually he uses tech clone and he is satisfied so I assume original would be even better.

Last edited:
Reviving the thread....
I use a combination of carts& DE's.
Shave cream/soap of the day with Gillette Guard for the first WTG pass.
For the first pass, there is IMHO no better razor for the first pass. But its not too great at later passes.
SC/SOTD with razor of the day for second XTG pass.
(Feather DE/old Gillette slim twist DE/M3/Vector3/Glide Triflexx)
If I'm running late, I'll use one of the carts for the second pass.

Last edited:
I have tried the dollar shave club humble twin as a travel razor, and they work great. But nothing beats a DE on my face. I do use carts on my head though. I love the headblade, but their carts aren't the cheapest and their shipping charges suck. I've started using Dorco 3 and 4 blade razors on my head and they work great and last a while.

I have tried the dollar shave club humble twin as a travel razor, and they work great. But nothing beats a DE on my face. I do use carts on my head though. I love the headblade, but their carts aren't the cheapest and their shipping charges suck. I've started using Dorco 3 and 4 blade razors on my head and they work great and last a while.
Aren't headblade cartridges the same as atra?

Top Bottom