What's new

The Brilliant Chambers of Barrister & Mann

I have Hallows in Omnibus and in Excelsior - they smell like they could be cousins, definitely not the same, like @GR5233 stated

Hallows - (E) reminds me of fall earthiness
Hallows - (O) gives me a top note of Copenhagen

Just saw Will is trimming the scent lineup a little. Cool, Full Measure, Cologne Russe, Fougere Classique, and Lavender will be heading out.

I’m sad Lavender is going away, though I don’t know how similar it is to the Reserve Lavender I have and love.

I finally tried my sample of Melange, and LOVE IT! I finally found it and the aftershave in stock and got a set ordered.

Can anyone tell me what the common ingredient is between Lavanille and Red Letter Day? I didn’t love it in Lavanille but it’s wonderful in RLD!

Love the Omnibus base but unfortunately my skin reacts to some of B&Ms fragrances, have they offered a fragrance-free shaving soap before?

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
A couple of months ago, as I was scratching the bottom of my tub of Passiflora, I wrote an email to Will asking when he was gonna make more. He said he had no plans at that time. So I continued to milk the last remaining bits of soap at the bottom of the tub. With about three shaves left, I noticed a message indicating samples of Passiflora available. But no full tubs in the web store. Then bam! They show up. I order. It arrives. Had to give it a shave. Perfect!

Is it me, or does this new batch of Omnibus seem harder than the last batches?

And what’s with the plain pink label? Yuck. Had to put the B&M smiley sticker on there just so I could stand looking at it. 🤪😜

Regardless, the soap itself is perfect! So happy it’s back! Amazing scent!

IMG_1659.png

IMG_6468.jpeg

This thread inspired me to commit to a full size B&M tub plus some samples which I packed into separate metal tubs. I've had a small sample of Fougere Gothique before and I loved it. The scent was amazing. I wish that would come back as fixed soap in the portfolio. But all the soaps I have are exceptional.

There's one more thing: I love how the B&M soap samples are presented. The rectangular shape in a paper bag and the stickers with the handwritten scent on them are lovely; and best of all: the stickers are easily removable and can be reused on things like these metal tubs. These are small details but they make for a good experience. It's so nice to see that B&M really put some thought into their products, even in the samples. I'll definitely purchase more B&M products in the future when I have enough space again.

So .... I am coming very late to the B&M party. I spent hours reading thru the omnibus thread yesterday :letterk1: and I have tried a few samples over the past year or two. I'm putting together an order to take advantage of the sale at B&M. I know I'm opening a can of worms asking for suggestions - but asking anyway.

I have never tried Passiflora so that's in my cart - also Muir e Woods and LGC in my cart - one more soap will get me free shipping.

Curious about Lavanille, Spice, Fougere Classique, Seville --- or I've sampled Waves and liked it. If Oceana were available that would be my pick (never tried it but reading posts about it have me wanting to try it). Read a lot of "meh" posts about Cheshire. Don't know anything about Dickens.

I vaguely remember what Old Spice smelled like from my early shaving days in the 60's. Is that what the B&M Spice is about?

Is Seville in the BarberShop neighborhood? Or?

What's the consensus on Lavanille? Noticed that B&M suggests a dedicated brush because it'll stain hairs. I love my badger brushes but perhaps it's time I started using my Duke 3 Synth?

Here are some scents I like and don't like from samples I've tried already (PV is the only Omnibus base - all the others I've sampled were older bases):
Lavender - don't like it
PV - OK but doesn't really do much for me
LGC - Like it
Waves - Like it
Muir e Woods - Like it
Fougere Gothique - absolute favorite (but only available at Maggards)
Fougere Angelique - Like it a lot (also only at Maggards)

Since I love Gothique and Angelique so much, I wonder what the Classique is like?

Thanks for suggestions

Last edited:
I have Spice and currently samples from Seville and Fougere Classique. I finished a sample of Fougere Gothique.

Spice is definitely an homage to Old Spice and does smell very similar. I actually combine it with Old Spice Classic (I don't have a Shulton version) and I can hardly sense much of a difference. If you like Old Spice, you'll like Spice.

I do like both Seville and Fougere Classique, but between those two I prefer Seville; the scent is a bit fresher to me and slightly stronger than FC.

My absolute favorite is Fougere Gothique. It's very hard to come by now, so if you have a chance for a full tub I would go for it.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
Passiflora is amazing if you like fruit forward scents. LGC is awesome too. 42 is my absolute favorite. But it’s not available for a week or so. So I am in line with your current selections. Can’t help with the last slot too much. I do like Seville, but I like LGC more. If they have Nordost. That is an awesome scent too. I shave with Omnibus soaps four out of five shaves. It’s my favorite base. But I stay away from anything that’s floral or perfume forward. So I am not in the typical profile.

How is the EDT? Performance?

Great scent: I have all the Seville components aside from the eau de toilette.
The EdT is nice and performs reasonably well. I like it on days I wear a fragrance, but I am not looking to make a statement or concern myself with crazy longevity. Barrister and Mann EdT seem to have better longevity than most shaving fragrances I have tried, like DR Harris or Saponoficio Varesino, and they are affordable. If you are using the soap and aftershave, I would definitely recommend trying the EdT.

Postman just left these on my doorstep. So can I be a member now? It was very sneaky the way they delayed the re-release of 42 until after the 25% sale was over. Otherwise that would have been in this box also.
1715708926625.png

Top Bottom