What's new

The Brilliant Chambers of Barrister & Mann

View attachment 1566803

This is my setup for the last few days. B&M products absolutely on point, no surprises there.

First few shaves with the Era level 4 OC. Very easy to use. I was slightly weary of this razor because it is my first OC and I expected level 4 to be quite aggressive. Not at all. Blade feel is very similar to a 34C In my opinion, but smoother. A great shave overall. Just about BBS in 3 passes. I could have stopped at 2 but it was so easy and drama free that I kept going. Zero irritation of any kind. Very little left to shave 24 hrs later, it is deceptively efficient. I will keep going with this plate for the next couple weeks. I have an level 5 OC plate that I’m very much looking forward to try now.
Nice shave Cezar.

I also have an Era (5oc & 5sb) and can say that it's truly a very good, very high quality razor.

I'm glad you're enjoying yours. You got a heck of a deal buying it on sale.

B&M has some amazing scents some of my faves are passiflora, lgc, behold the whatsis. It just might be hard to find your favorites sometimes, glad they came back with samples. Atomic holiday sounds right up my ally, but a little worn out from black friday.

I have to agree that behold the whatsis is one of my favorites, so is sunny lane. Both of these spring scents are very high on my list. I understand business but I wish Will would just keep the seasonals returning each year instead of switching up some of these.

I have a question......

With everyone sharing what their favorite soap/scents are, is there anyone here that has tried or still has Adagio??? I've heard it's jaw-droppingly good.

Not that long ago I had the chance to buy an unused jar of this soap. I was extremely tempted, but the price for this bit of near unobtainium was enough to make me second guess the purchase so after I said yes, I said no.

Anyone have any input on the scent?

CE8E1B24-C856-449B-AFBE-89B8E36DFD98.jpeg

I gotta be a member of this club. B&M is superb here is a shot of a balm I received in the mail a couple hours ago. It’s a spicy herbaceous and floral fougere. I saw Eigengrau mentioned a few posts back that’s one of the greatest scent creations ever. Anyhow glad this club exists now I look forward to everyone’s B&M centric posts!

View attachment 1567543
I gotta be a member of this club. B&M is superb here is a shot of a balm I received in the mail a couple hours ago. It’s a spicy herbaceous and floral fougere. I saw Eigengrau mentioned a few posts back that’s one of the greatest scent creations ever. Anyhow glad this club exists now I look forward to everyone’s B&M centric posts!
Welcome fellow barrister. Glad to have you here. 😉

I have a bit of Barrister & Mann Citracuya aftershave balm, and it's one of the first things for which I reach when I end up with a shave that's just a bit too close. Perhaps just as importantly, my wife really likes the "clean" scent of this balm. I'll definitely be spending more time in the Brilliant Chambers of B&M in the future.

-Z

Hi.
I’m not sure if this is the right place to ask, but would anyone be interested in purchasing and then splitting a bottle of the
Fougère Gothique EDP? I’m not too bothered about keeping the original bottle, just interested in the scent.
It looks like your post got missed, but you might luck out if you post in WTB(want to buy). You might entice somebody to sell you their used bottle and buy themselves a fresh one. I am only into Angelique myself.

Hi.
I’m not sure if this is the right place to ask, but would anyone be interested in purchasing and then splitting a bottle of the
Fougère Gothique EDP? I’m not too bothered about keeping the original bottle, just interested in the scent.
Ah Fougere Gothique is so good right?! I have half of my sample EdP left. I bought a second hand set of the Omnibus soap and splash from a guy who wasn’t it to it he only used it 3 times.

I received my Atomic Holiday sample today. Off the sample bar, it hits me first with an almost fougere and citrus type of main vibe, with the pineapple showing up as a nice fruity note up top. The ozone/labdanum are there, giving the whole thing a somewhat dangerous, not spicy but still somewhat sharp vibe.

Its a great scent representation of a vintage hope in a science-based future.

I'll be buying the full soap of this for sure.

Atomic Holiday​

On a snowy evening in December in 1942, Enrico Fermi changed the world.

When we think about atomic energy, we think mostly about the bomb, or about giant cooling towers, or about disasters like Chernobyl and Three Mile Island. But no one seems to remember the night that started it all. Because on December 2nd, 1942, Fermi and his team did the seemingly impossible: they successfully tested the first man-made nuclear reactor.

To pay homage to this remarkable achievement, a scientific milestone that has utterly changed the way that we think about energy, war, and atomic physics, among countless other fields, Barrister and Mann is proud to present Atomic Holiday, meant to commemorate the 80th anniversary of Fermi's experiment.

Comprised of pineapple, lime, bergamot, labdanum, and ozone, Atomic Holiday is thrillingly optimistic, a bright, cheery fragrance for even the darkest Winter nights. Barrister and Mann has chosen to disregard everything that came after and focus instead on the brave new world that stood before humanity on December 3rd. We hope you like it.

Ah Fougere Gothique is so good right?! I have half of my sample EdP left. I bought a second hand set of the Omnibus soap and splash from a guy who wasn’t it to it he only used it 3 times.
Yes, it’s quite good! It’s not the usual type of scent I go for, so it’s nice to have something different. I also got the sample first.
It looks like your post got missed, but you might luck out if you post in WTB(want to buy). You might entice somebody to sell you their used bottle and buy themselves a fresh one. I am only into Angelique myself.

Thank you. I will do so 👍. Have you smelt both (Gothique and Angelique)? If so, How different are they ?

Just received and tried my first B&M soap (Seville), what an AMAZING soap base. Up until now my favorite base has been Zingari Man Sego. If the future results from B&M are consistent with this first shave, it could be a real contender.

Top Bottom