What's new

The 20 minute brush restoration

There’s always a silver lining. Now you have to pull that knot and get another handle to put it in. And then you have to get another knot to put in this handle. 2 for 1.

I actually just went on a complete binge and ordered 5 more vintage brushes to restore. 4 ever readys and an Erskine. I may have went overboard....

I actually just went on a complete binge and ordered 5 more vintage brushes to restore. 4 ever readys and an Erskine. I may have went overboard....
Buying multiple brushes for restoration is a good move. If you're new to brush restoration, like I was, you're likely to mess up the first one, but you learn for the next restoration.

Buying multiple brushes for restoration is a good move. If you're new to brush restoration, like I was, you're likely to mess up the first one, but you learn for the next restoration.

I have one I'm working on right now actually and the knot is much, much harder to get one than the wooden handled one I did. I guess I got lucky on that one as I basically could pull the knot out with a pliers.

This one will require the Dremel and patience.

I did chuck a forstner bit in the drill press and used it to hog out a majority of the old knot though and that worked good

Top Bottom