What's new

Tallow + Steel Rainforest

Surprisingly, it sold out quite fast at Karve Shaving. I cannot even imagine myself wearing that type of coffee forward scent. Maybe it is similar to their Echoes of Rain scent which many folks enjoyed. I'm still waiting for a more popular, approachable scent from T&S.
Agreed
The scent did give me pause and I took that opportunity to delete the email and try to forget.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Surprisingly, it sold out quite fast at Karve Shaving. I cannot even imagine myself wearing that type of coffee forward scent. Maybe it is similar to their Echoes of Rain scent which many folks enjoyed. I'm still waiting for a more popular, approachable scent from T&S.
Funny you say that. A long time ago now when i was overwhelmed shopping in Pasteur s I smelled several T+s scents in retrospect probably the maya mostly but i dont remember exactly but i was disgusted. I hated what i smelled. Now i had over smelled a million products and had a full green bin cart by then. But i still had to try T+S so when they came out with their cola scent i got it and was impressed. And then went to Sicily next. Totally an approachable scent. Anyway ive been all over with my stockpiling such that ill never need backup in this regard but i decided that T+S would be my treat. Very tolerable since they dont pumpoutnew stuff. I didn't expect this coffee to drop so soon after rainforest 2 but i took the plunge as a pandemic uplift. My reservation was karve since ive been waiting for a razor since November.
Anyway im also very much enjoying rainforest 2. The scent really blossoms during the shave a unique and notable feature.
Just missed it, but B&M's Leviathan is still my coffee favorite - sort of like having a fresh cup of Ethiopian Yirgacheffe while wearing a leather biker jacket.... :001_smile
great description. I think i have leviathan buried somewhere ill go digging.
im intrigued by t+s coffee that ends with earth tones and vanilla.

Funny you say that....Anyway im also very much enjoying rainforest 2. The scent really blossoms during the shave a unique and notable feature.

I'm glad you're enjoying rainforest II. I think in their history of soap-making, T&S release 2 or 3 scents that received high praise from from most users. One was Yakushima, the Japanese scent. One tub sold on Ebay for $85 USD plus shipping. I literally begged members on BST's to get one and I could not. The other popular scent is Sicily which most people have sounded quite impressed with. The third big winner was their Classic scent which I hope Ryan would bring back at some point.

This not to say that their rest of their scent are not likable but based they tend to be more polarizing.

As for Rainforest Two, I'd say that it is quite a safe bet. It did not wow me that much nor did it turn me off completely. The base itself is an absolute charm for me. So the search for a more desirable scent continues....!

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
I'm glad you're enjoying rainforest II. I think in their history of soap-making, T&S release 2 or 3 scents that received high praise from from most users. One was Yakushima, the Japanese scent. One tub sold on Ebay for $85 USD plus shipping. I literally begged members on BST's to get one and I could not. The other popular scent is Sicily which most people have sounded quite impressed with. The third big winner was their Classic scent which I hope Ryan would bring back at some point.

This not to say that their rest of their scent are not likable but based they tend to be more polarizing.

As for Rainforest Two, I'd say that it is quite a safe bet. It did not wow me that much nor did it turn me off completely. The base itself is an absolute charm for me. So the search for a more desirable scent continues....!
Its a good hunt
For me ive got so many other mainstream scents covered with several manufacturers and artisan makers i consider t+s more unique.
But like you i clearly dont want something thats a huge turn off. Luckily i haven't had that with ts yet.
i missed yakushima too i really wanted that.

I hope everyone is enjoying the rainforest II
I fell to the temptation of the new coffee version released yesterday. Anyone else got that coming?
Cheers
My wife is oddly jumpy about the packages we’re receiving. I’m getting the suspicion she got this for me.
The game is afoot.

Still patiently waiting. While he says it should be delivered in two weeks (which is today, though the post hasn't come yet) I am figuring some delays in shipping times seem likely because of the current situation. If not today, hopefully it will come next week.

I hope everyone’s weekend was nice.
25BB59B7-2027-488F-9E3C-E197FB8ED624.jpeg

Well remember when I said my wife was waiting for a package well it’s here. It’s not the soap I was thinking of though. IT’S BETTER!!! She got me another set of Rainforest II. I am stunned. Completely stunned.

@RigelDust, you must be really loving this Rainforest II! I wish I could be saying the same about the scent of it, but I also wish my wife pre-ordered me the new Japanese release from T&S, I would've been over the skies for it ;))

@RigelDust, you must be really loving this Rainforest II! I wish I could be saying the same about the scent of it, but I also wish my wife pre-ordered me the new Japanese release from T&S, I would've been over the skies for it ;))
I know. I’m gonna pass on it and let someone else enjoy. Could I be satisfied with the amount of soaps is have???? I feel strange. It’s like I’m going to be ok if I don’t buy every soap.
I don’t think I like this feeling.

So a couple of weeks ago I jumped head first... First time T+S purchase and got the Rainforest Two soap and splash.

I rarely take such a gamble on an unknown scent. And it was a gamble based on what I’ve read about how some don’t take to TS scents well.

Ultimately, it was a terrific purchase! The performance has been stellar and the scent is something I just can’t get enough of. You guys know the drill... when you have to open the jar multiple times a day to get a whiff, you’ve found a winner!

I did get a bit upset when I first opened the jar, however and noticed that it wasn’t filled much. Turns out the website does indeed indicate 3oz and not 4. It’s not the cheapest nor will it last long, but I’m thrilled with it. I have not had “tacky” issues with the splash and my face has been left extremely moisturized. But I am missing that sting of the alcohol that all my others have.

I never had the chance to try either of T&S' Japanese releases. This third Japanese release is something I'm still debating given the steep costs and the fact that it won't be shipped until after June. Meanwhile, I hope Rainforest II scent would grown on me.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
I never had the chance to try either of T&S' Japanese releases. This third Japanese release is something I'm still debating given the steep costs and the fact that it won't be shipped until after June. Meanwhile, I hope Rainforest II scent would grown on me.
I think im ok letting the new Japanese variety pass. It kills me but i got rainforest and coffee under my new buying rational that im only getting t+s but all these new releases kill me. The only thing i can do is forget about it and relax when its sold out. :)
So a couple of weeks ago I jumped head first... First time T+S purchase and got the Rainforest Two soap and splash.

I rarely take such a gamble on an unknown scent. And it was a gamble based on what I’ve read about how some don’t take to TS scents well.

Ultimately, it was a terrific purchase! The performance has been stellar and the scent is something I just can’t get enough of. You guys know the drill... when you have to open the jar multiple times a day to get a whiff, you’ve found a winner!

I did get a bit upset when I first opened the jar, however and noticed that it wasn’t filled much. Turns out the website does indeed indicate 3oz and not 4. It’s not the cheapest nor will it last long, but I’m thrilled with it. I have not had “tacky” issues with the splash and my face has been left extremely moisturized. But I am missing that sting of the alcohol that all my others have.
Glad it was a hit for you! I add menthol to their as to get some sting feeling to try to check that box.

Top Bottom