What's new

SV Saturday

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
What smell do you guys recommend for someone new to SV?
70th Anniversary is a great start, smells just like Clinique Happy for Men. Opuntia is a take on Creed Aventus a little citrusy. Desert Vetiver is a complex Vetiver scent which has the Vetiver right at the centre of it. I would like to try Morado (tobacco and woods) and Dolomite. If you go to the manufacturer website there are scent pyramids for all their soaps. Another good way to start might be to order a pack of sample aftershaves I think they are 2ml each but it's better than ordering blind

full

Razor: Feather, AS-D2
Blade: King C. Gillette
Brush: Saponificio Varesino, 2.0 High Mountain White Manchurian
Soap: Saponificio Varesino, Dolomiti - Beta 4.3
Post Shave: Duke Cannon, After-Shave Balm

SV Saturday found Here (please join in!)
Semogue Saturdays found Here (please join in!)

PXL_20230310_232327579.MP.jpeg

Still in GRUME and GRUYERE

For the start of the weekend I enjoy the SV/Semogue threads.
If I were not in restraint, I would consider more boar brushes ( I learned to appreciate them last Decemboar) and SV soaps...but instead, I am enjoying what I already have.

Please take care of yourself and each other.

70th Anniversary is a great start, smells just like Clinique Happy for Men. Opuntia is a take on Creed Aventus a little citrusy. Desert Vetiver is a complex Vetiver scent which has the Vetiver right at the centre of it. I would like to try Morado (tobacco and woods) and Dolomite. If you go to the manufacturer website there are scent pyramids for all their soaps. Another good way to start might be to order a pack of sample aftershaves I think they are 2ml each but it's better than ordering blind
Thank you Mike, I ordered the 70th and the Dolomite. Picked based on scent descriptions. I love aqua style fragrances, and look forward to trying them

Mike M

SV Saturday
IMG_20230506_234528.jpg

Razor: Muhle Rocca R94
Blade: Personna Platinum(21)
Brush: Yaqi Purple Mink
Soap: SV 70th Anniversary

Tonight for SV Saturday the soap was 70th Anniversary lathered with the Purple Mink, a classic combination, for me at least. The lather was another triumph for SV, as always it was slick and gave a fantastic shave. The Rocca showed again why it is my favourite razor as it gave me a very close, near BBS finish, even with a Personna Platinum blade on its 21st shave.

SV Saturday 6th May

Preshave: Hot washcloth
Soap: Saponificio Varesino Cubebe
Brush: Yaqi 24mm synthetic cashmere
Razor: GC.84 OC, Al Handle, Astra SP #10
Bowl: Turkish copper
Post-shave: Nivea Balm

Stayed with the open comb Game Changer, stuck to WTG/XTG, and got a quick comfortable shave.

Maybe it's time to give it another full week.

SV is a "known good" soap to use for these sorts of experiments.

Mike M

IMG_20230513_153851.jpg

365 shaves in 2023
Shave#133 of 365 (100%)
SV Saturday

Razor:
Muhle R89 Rosegold
Blade: BIC Chrome Platinum(3)
Brush: Yaqi Timberwolf
Soap: SV Desert Vetiver
A/S: Old Spice

Tonight for SV Saturday I thought I would use Desert Vetiver as it is quite a refreshing scent for the summer. The Timberwolf is not a brush I use often, but it is soft but still makes an excellent lather. I also thought I'd change to the R89 and see how it gets on with the BIC blade. The shave was as smooth as ever with the R89 though the BIC is a sharp blade the result on my neck was only a DFS so it doesn't look like it will make it into my top 5 blades

Semogue/SV Saturdays!

PXL_20230520_151428619.jpg

Still In GRUME & GRUYERE

I usually take a picture before I shave but today you can see the very nice bloom on the drying Semogue 830 brush.
Last year, my most memorable month was Decemboar...I really learned to enjoy and appreciate boar brushes. The 830 is my favorite.
We are picking up our 94 year old mother-in law today for a visit. She still drives and does all her own shopping and helps take care of a lot of "old" people.

Please take care of yourself and each other.

Today’s Modern razor shave

Preshave: From Slock’s mad scientist lab Slock’s universal, certified soon to be internationally famous proprietary shaving oil blend.

Razor: Henson V1 Medium

Blade: Schick Germany

Soap/cream: SV Dolomiti​

Brush: Simpson Omega 20102 Boar
Balm: Nivea sensitive cooling post shave balm

Aftershave: Pitralon Classic

BBS

Today was my first SV Saturday! With Dolomiti being at the helm, after a day of scuba diving in the heat of south Florida, I was tempted but didn’t want to miss my appointment with SV. Dolomiti delivered an easy head shave for me. With about 10-15 seconds of brush swirls on the puck, there was so much lather left, that I decided to take a second shower with it. Which provided a therapeutic and aromatic experience with my body skin feeling great too!! I’m a fan
IMG_7838.jpeg

Mike M

IMG_20230520_152314.jpg

365 shaves in 2023
Shave#140 of 365 (100%)
SV Saturday

Razor:
Muhle Rocca R94
Blade: BIC Chrome Platinum(10)
Brush: Simpsons Trafalgar T3
Soap: SV Opuntia
A/S: Davidoff Cool Water
Moisturizer: Nivea Hyaluron

Tonight for SV Saturday I fancied the bracing scent of Opuntia lathered with the springy T3. SV just never disappoints, you can always depend on it to add a bit of drama to the shave, though not in the same way as having a hungry bear in your bathroom would add drama. As for the razor it fell to the ever dependable Rocca combined with the BIC. The Lupo is still not shaving quite as well as I had hoped and I'm beginning to think I will never find another razor as good as the Rocca so I am thinking of calling it quits on looking for the perfect razor, though the Lambda Athena may still persuade me at some time.
The shave was again both comfortable and enjoyable and ended up very close to a BBS.

SV Saturday 20th May

This is an SV week here. Got the usual perfect bowl-lather out of it.

Preshave: Hot washcloth
Soap: Saponificio Varesino Opuntia
Brush: Yaqi 24mm synthetic cashmere
Razor: GC.84 SB, Al Handle, Nacet #8
Razor: KCG, Al Handle, Astra SP #1
Bowl: Turkish copper
Post-shave: Nivea 2-in-1 Aftershave

Used the KCG razor to do ATG and tidy-up. It's very mild compared with the Game Changer. I used a Windrose handle instead of their default.

Midnight Special

My weekly Shave last week. Heightened luxury, with a long relaxing post shave. Shave after moonrise. Last night’s midnight shave. Slipped into a rhythm of comfort. A strong chorus of bullfrogs beckoning. Quiet winter shaves months away. Sparkling in the moon glow. The Grande’s short quick strokes. Slicing through a weeks growth effortlessly. Springtime on wetlands, dynamic all hours of the day. A two pass face & head ATG. The bulls seemed to moan and encourage the Feather edge. Closer and closer. The SV’s slickness spreading under the caress of the velvet boar. “J Hooks” screamed across the moustache and chin skin. Ultra smooth and close. The comforting rhythm elevating, then relaxing into a luxurious post shave pampering. I Love shaving. Saturday Midnight Specials.

IMG_0388.jpeg

Happy Shaves

1685202188002.png

I can safely say SV 70th is my favorite scent of all my soaps right now. It makes me smile and cheery everytime I use it, while the LE SV brush is just awe inspiring.

With 10-12 shaves on it now, the tips have gotten wonderfully soft and the backbone seems perfectly constructed for me. Stiff, but not boot brush stiff, 10-15% splay feels natural with a springy give and a broad, fantastic feeling patch of contact.

You should get one! :)

View attachment 1661181

I can safely say SV 70th is my favorite scent of all my soaps right now. It makes me smile and cheery everytime I use it, while the LE SV brush is just awe inspiring.

With 10-12 shaves on it now, the tips have gotten wonderfully soft and the backbone seems perfectly constructed for me. Stiff, but not boot brush stiff, 10-15% splay feels natural with a springy give and a broad, fantastic feeling patch of contact.

You should get one! :)
Yes, the sv brush must be the best in the the world. It gets better and better, although it's great from the start.

Top Bottom