What's new

Which SV scents would you recommend?

I have never tried any SV scents before and my cousin will bring me 2 SV soaps and 2 SV aftershaves probably after 1-2 months and I am looking to buy the Desert Vetiver soap myself from a friend of mine and if I like it i will tell my cousin to get me the Desert Vetiver Lotion. As soaps I was gonna pick Tundra Arctica and Dolomiti(not sure about the dolomoti). As aftershaves the 70th Anniversary Lotion(its very recommended idk) and either Tundra Arctica or Opuntia or Desert Vetiver Lotion. And Idk there is so much scents from VS that everybody says smells great. I didn't really try much soaps so I cant say the exact smells I like.

I cant get a sample pack if you are wondering about that because there is no SV soaps in my country and my cousin lives in Netherlands.

So basically I want you guys to rank these scents:

-Desert Vetiver
-70th Anniversary
-Tundra Arctica
-Dolomiti
-Opuntia

Thank you.

this is from my own notes on what I think of each :) in order of my favorites
based on the aftershave I had of each and the star are the two soaps I own and use

• Opuntia - yes - Aventus homage
  • *70th - yes - great citrus top wood amber base cologne perfect light lovely
  • Cubebe - yes - a bit like Morado more top notes come through and lighter less amber more dimensional than Morado
  • *Morado - yes - a bit like Cubebe very light top spicy mostly base amber notes
  • Felce Aromatica - neutral - not bad for a nice earthy just not sure its me
  • Cosmo - neutral - the sample was so weak prefer other like this more
  • Dolomiti - neutral/no - not a fan of the floral that comes through
  • Mirto Di Sardegna - no to neutral not fan of sandalwood
  • Desert Vetiver - no - to green
  • Tundra Artica - no - like Stella cleaning laundry/dryer sheet smell
  • Stella Alpina - no - cleaning or laundry/dryer sheet smell
  • Manna Di Sicilia - bo - fancy soap leaning toward old lady

• Cubebe - yes - a bit like Morado more top notes come through and lighter less amber more dimensional than Morado
  • *Morado - yes - a bit like Cubebe very light top spicy mostly base amber notes
Thank you, i am more confused now😂.

hahaha yeah you can get the sample pack of the aftershave which helped me a ton
based on smelling the soaps at a local shop that carries them they are very much the same which is great as I find that in some soap companies, the soap vs the aftershave are quite different

so I think the SV samples are a great way to know what you think of each one
also, they had a code " SV1945SAMPLE " for free shipping of the samples so it was about $18 total and well worth it (not sure if that code is still good but might be worth trying

top-notch products so can't go wrong with trying

I have seven SV fragrances combining soaps and AS. Definitely get Morado, very special scent. I would also recommend 70th and Opuntia. Dolomiti is my least favorite one, it’s not bad at all, it’s just a “dark” and mild scent, to my crazy nose it smells like peanuts

based on the aftershave I had of each and the star are the two soaps I own and use

Which ones would you consider as summer scent?

I have the fragrances listed below and their accompanying aftershaves.

70th, Opuntia, Cubebe, Manna Di Sicilia, and Desert Vetiver. Morado is en route, and I should have it this week.

Candidly, they are all great fragrances. The aroma while shaving is noticeable but certainly not overwhelming. Even using the aftershaves, the fragrances are all fairly light. I regularly use cologne, EdT or EdP; those always come through, not the SV soaps and aftershaves. I also have the 70th and Desert Vetiver in EdP, and while more noticeable than the aftershaves, even those EdP's don't have massive projection. For me, the fragrance is something I enjoy while lathering and shaving. It doesn't linger throughout the day. I did use a sample of the Felce Aromatica, Cosmo, and Dolomiti in their shower soaps, and the fragrance was very neutral and light, and I didn't enjoy them much. I have used sample shower soaps from most of the SV fragrances, and the ones I own listed above were all consistent in strength and fragrance to the shave soaps and aftershaves.
IMG_4492.jpeg

Which ones would you consider as summer scent?
I might be bad at that since I don't differentiate between summer and winter scents at all :)

also IMHO they are all fairly nice and lean toward nice cologne smells to me and ARE NOT like some soaps that I find kinda have ONE scent that stands out SV are all very nice and seem to be able to smell each layer of them and can notice small nuances all the time with them so I never get bored of them

for something more light bright if I was to try to word that
Opuntia because Aventus is my fav scent :)
70th is nice and light so it would be good for summer
Tundra Artica could be since it has that lighter "light" scent same as Stella Alpina

Morado might be a winter scent to me as that deeper amber scent comes through same with Cubebe

have not smelled the new Argainia yet :) but plan on trying it out sometime

if I could only have one would be Opuntia since its a classic homage to aventus
2nd 70th is what I think of when I hear SV its just wonderful and is to me the smell of SV :)

Ravenonrock

I shaved the pig
I have Tundra Artica and Cubebe, like them both. Thought TA was too mild when I first got it, but have come to enjoy its nuance. Cubebe I think of as a warmer weather scent, as I detect some citrus. I will replace with a new scent once finished in several years.

Thanks for the breakdown. Looks similar to my taste. I’ll try Optuna and 70th.

Top Bottom