What's new

SV Saturday

IMG_7897.jpeg

Great scent and performance, lather explodes with just 10 seconds of loading the brush. Maybe a bit much lather.
How do you guys like the 4.3 lather, wet or dryish? My lather looks great immediately after swirling for a few seconds on my face, and I hydrate on the face by adding drops of water slowly on the brush. However, I don’t feel my lather it’s fully optimized yet. It’s slick but not getting the cushion I can get from other soaps

Semogue/SV Saturday

PXL_20230318_034759028d.jpeg

I forgot about my brush and it ended up soaking in a cup of water for over 4 hours. Lather application was super soft. I may increase my boar soaking time from 5 to 10 minutes in the future.
The SV 70 scent was elegant and the lather was super slick. It was an enjoyable late afternoon cold water shave that I will give a score of 9.4 and a comfort rating of 10.

Please take care of yourself and each other.

Last edited:
Afternoon Delight

My shave is my refuge. Uncle Arthritis has been nasty. Dragging my right leg around in pain and misery. Afternoon shave and spa time lifted my spirits. Nothing dials up my comfort and well being, better than a shave.
My seven day whiskers have stabilized in their growth from a year of electric ripping. Closer shaves with higher skin comfort.
The Feather silently gliding through slick lather, felt stationary. The second ATG pass while not really needed. Lather and brush screamed for more face & head time. Why not. I love using my kit. The familiarity complemented by precision and smoothness. My Afternoon Delight set me up nicely for movie night. Hello Orville.

IMG_0388.jpeg

Happy Shaves

Today’s Modern razor shave

Preshave: From Slock’s mad scientist lab Slock’s universal, certified soon to be internationally famous proprietary shaving oil blend.

Razor: Blackland Era

Blade: Wilkinson sword Germany

Soap/cream: SV Dolomiti​

Brush: Stirling Finest Badger
Balm: Nivea sensitive cooling post shave balm

Aftershave: Stirling Mountain Man

BBS

SV Saturday 27th May

Preshave: Hot washcloth
Soap: Saponificio Varesino 70th Anniversary
Brush: Yaqi 24mm synthetic cashmere
Razor: GC.84 SB, Al Handle, Astra SP #8
Bowl: Turkish copper
Post-shave: Nivea Hyaluron

Stayed with 70th Anniversary, for another comfortable near-BBS. It's my favourite scent, out of the ones I have tried so far.

This is about ⅔ used-up — not sure whether to get a replacement in the 4.3 base, or try the Vetiver

I'm getting a Twig, so that should provide a bit of razor novelty.

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
IMG_20230527_173520.jpg

365 shaves in 2023
Shave#147 of 365 (100%)
SV Saturday

Razor:
Muhle Rocca R94
Blade: Astra (5)
Brush: Muhle Kosmo STF
Soap: SV 70th Anniversary
A/S: Clinique Happy for Men
Moisturizer: Nivea Hyaluron

Tonight for SV Saturday i really wanted to bring out the 70th Anniversary so I did with the Kosmo to lather. Loaded the Astra in the Rocca to see how it fared compared to the Lupo. The shave was an absolute triumph, comfortable and close enough to leave me with a BBS the Rocca showed why it is still the king of the den for me. Topped it all off with spritz of Happy for Men for one of the best shaves I've had in a while.

SV/Semogue Saturday

PXL_20230520_151428619b.jpg

Still In GRUME & GRUYERE

Hey Guys
I hope your weekend is good. In my neck of the woods it is HOT-mid 90s F.
I am using my Sharona, Balogna, Krona again today. The shave was delightful and I especially enjoy the 830 brush.
Using LJB's, @LJBraaten numerical rating idea, I give it a score of 9.649378 (+ or - .000004%).

SV/Semogue Saturday

PXL_20230520_151428619b.jpg

Still In GRUME & GRUYERE

Hey Guys
I hope your weekend is good. In my neck of the woods it is HOT-mid 90s F.
I am using my Sharona, Balogna, Krona again today. The shave was delightful and I especially enjoy the 830 brush.
Using LJB's, @LJBraaten numerical rating idea, I give it a score of 9.649378 (+ or - .000004%).

From my SV AS samples, I really liked manna di sicilia. I preferred to many of the popular ones such as Opuntia, cubebe, desert vetiver, cosmo, etc.

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
IMG_20230603_133104.jpg

365 shaves in 2023
Shave#154 of 365 (100%)
SV Saturday

Razor:
RR Lupo 95
Blade: Gillette 7 O'clock SharpEdge (1)
Brush: Yaqi Evil Zebra
Soap: SV Opuntia
A/S: Davidoff Cool Water
Moisturizer: Nivea Hyaluron

Tonight for SV Saturday I decided on Opuntia lathered with the Evil Zebra, always a great lather combo. The experiment tonight is to try and find a blade that works well with the Lupo and to that ends I decided to pair the Lupo with the 7 O'clock SharpEdge to see if I could get a closer shave with it. I have also decided that 60 different blades is probably too many to choose from and I need to whittle them down to the few best performers for my razor collection.
The SharpEdge blade was very smooth on my face and neck and after 3 passes produced the closest to a BBS shave as I have had from the Lupo, which tells me that the right combo is likely to create stellar results.

SV Saturday 3rd June

Preshave: Hot washcloth
Soap: Saponificio Varesino Cubebe
Brush: Yaqi 24mm synthetic cashmere
Razor: GC.84 SB, Ti Handle, Astra SP #5
Bowl: Turkish copper
Post-shave: Nivea 2-in-1 Aftershave

It's another SV week here, 1st to 7th June.

Was going to try a better blade in the Twig, but I was in the mood for an easy near-BBS, so used the Game Changer again.

You can't go wrong with this combination.

IMG_7913.jpeg

I shaved on Friday and skipped Saturday since I usually shave every other day. My Thater Beehive brush did an excellent job loading SV Dolomiti. I pretty much followed SV's lathering instructions, loading for about 20 seconds, and adding water to the brush 2-3 times. The Blackbird Ti Lite, equipped with a fresh Kai blade, delivered an amazing shave.
I’m getting better performance from my Dolomiti than my 70th

Top Bottom