What's new

surfers unite.

He is 17 years old. He wanted the nurse practitioner to glue the wound so we could go back out! He got stitched and he'll have to wait a week to get back in the water. Missed out on today's waves and the buoy is up to 8.5 ft at 8 seconds on our side. Phenomenal photos coming from the east coast!

Luckily I have ding repair stuff in the garage. The board will be ready for next swell.

Last edited:
Ooof! Nice dings. Glad you're son's OK - he sounds like a trooper!
I am so pissed off! I only had time to go out once this weekend so, I had to choose between Saturday or Sunday. Saturday only brought 3-4 feet so, I decided to go today with with bigger waves expected. Today (Sunday), because of Hurricane Sandy, they closed the roads to the beaches so, I couldn't get out. Man, I am so pissed! Ahhhhhh!!!!!

Last edited:
That's good news children today have no fear With is good he's tough as old boots :).
Ajax be safe this week it's a shame you cant go out and ride the waves ....

Luckily, I live in the cheap seats, in the very northern part of Massapequa, NY so, I'm a little over 70 feet above sea level. My neighborhood had lots of wind and rain, a few trees fell down, but no serious damage like the lower areas. My buddy lives two blocks from a small boat canal and his basement is full of sea water. The tide, at 8PM last night, was 12 feet above normal and flooded some of the NYC subway system so, I've got a second day off from work!!!! I didn't take these pics but, here are some nice shots:

Rockaway Beach... it's not photoshoped and this is before the water came over the boardwalk!
View attachment 282477

Someone out in eastern Long Beach, NY...
View attachment 282478
I heard that this gentleman was towed out - there is no way you could have paddled out!

... and another shot of Rockaway Beach:
$rockaway bch 2.jpg

Last edited:
Glad you ane your buddy are alive Well :) A littl Wind swept and soggy but wow on those pics esp the surfer bulls of steel but saying that I would not mind surfing that ...
I'm sure hearing that guy on BBC news

Last edited:
Phenomenal! We still have nearly 9 ft on the eastern Gulf of Mexico buoys. Chest high+ surf since Saturday from a storm that never got in the GOMEX. Incredible! So sorry to see the damage in the NE. The Rockaway shots are unreal. Westerly, RI, where I learned to surf, was completely washed over near Miscquamicut State Beach. I've seen immense storm surf there before, but never a complete wash over. Boulders made it over the sea wall in Narragansett (Surfed there two summers ago with my son). Hoping for a quick recovery up there!

Any of you guys ever hear of Windigo Surfboards? They name their boards after famous people and the graphic are cool. I checked out their website a few months back but, it doesn't seem to be up any more.

$zappa.jpg

I hurd from my local surf shop they went Bust with the recession =( they were good boards .. you been surfing lately

Yeah, tough to stay in business these days. Too bad they didn't have Kelly Slater riding their boards.
I'm going out tomorrow (Sunday) the air is suppose to be about 60F but, I don't think there will be any waves. I'll just paddle up and down the beach for some exercise.

the top two my heart goes out to you all. how is it shaping up now or is it still all wreckage?
the next ohh that is a sweet wave would love to be out there no my long board :) hanging ten

It's going to take a long time to get everything back to normal along the coast from Connecticut to Atlantic City, New Jersey.
About 70 homes burned down in Rockaway, New York and more were lost just to flooding. Staten Island lost over 100 homes to flooding. Miles of homes and businesses on the Jersey Shore were washed away.
Compared to hurricane Katrina in New Orleans, the insurance payouts are coming faster. My brother and his family already received money to put a new floor and walls in his house and they had their 3 cars replaced.

How come I'm never at the beach when the waves look that good!!!

that is good news that they are paying out. i guess they don't want what happened with Katrina so they are bucking there ideas up with the mess. i'm glad you brother is safe at least.

i know the feeling with missing good waves all ways the way sods law i guess.

proxy.php

Each Spring, it seems, we get a front which sweeps down the state and stalls on our doorstep, leaving clean waves and light local winds. This photo was from Sat. Air and water temp in the mid-80s. The buoy off St. Pete was near 6 ft at 7 seconds. Light N winds.

A small left:
proxy.php

Top Bottom