What's new

Supply: The Single Edge V2!

"Say HELLO to Razorburn!"
Typing this now with a shredded face yet again. I wanted it to work, but the Supply V2 is the worst razor I have ever used. It tears my face to shreds no matter how light the strokes or base plate. Waaaayyy too much blade exposure. I don't notice any difference between the plates at all. All I feel is the sharp blade cutting off every little bump and imperfection like a samurai sword. No, I'm NOT applying pressure, I can get a decent shave from an R41. This is an inferior design.

Hey...

Sorry to hear that.

I bet a soap set that your handle/heads are physically defective, OR the blades are being loaded incorrectly and they are dragging along the blade stops while loading - which ruins the blade instantly.

Thoughts?

Typing this now with a shredded face yet again. I wanted it to work, but the Supply V2 is the worst razor I have ever used. It tears my face to shreds no matter how light the strokes or base plate. Waaaayyy too much blade exposure. I don't notice any difference between the plates at all. All I feel is the sharp blade cutting off every little bump and imperfection like a samurai sword. No, I'm NOT applying pressure, I can get a decent shave from an R41. This is an inferior design.

I have a V2 with three plates.... I could, literally, throw all of my other SE and DE razors out and live happily ever after....

I just use the stick blades that shipped with it. I'd be interested in trying other blades, or trimming some of my AC SE blades down....
you can try other blades but you wont get anything sharper and smoother than the Personna PTFE the razor came with, maybe and just maybe vintage ones might be little bit sharper than the stock blades, Ive tried the Chicks that some people rave about which also are more than double more expensive than the Personna, they are less sharper than the Personna.... I bought big bulk from England, 300 PTFE Personna injector and 400 Gem PTFE Personna and costed me $90 shipped to the US.... Dirt cheap considering the value of the GB pound took a nose dive, sorry cant post the link because I don't know if its against the forum rules

Hey...

Sorry to hear that.

I bet a soap set that your handle/heads are physically defective, OR the blades are being loaded incorrectly and they are dragging along the blade stops while loading - which ruins the blade instantly.

Thoughts?

I can't see anything defective in the razor or in the heads. I know what you're saying about the blade drag damage, I ruined my first blade that way and tossed it. I'll try it again in a few weeks. For now it's back to the Rockwell 6S and the Oneblade Core.

What blades are you using?
I got dreadful irritation and razor burn from the Personna PTFE Blades but with all other blades the shave is beautiful.
I’m currently using a cut down Kai Mild with the 3dot plate and it’s a superb shave.

I think I have some kind of reaction to the Personna coating (and this happens consistently with those blades).
After three or four shaves when the coating has degraded I get much better shaves from them.

What blades are you using?
I got dreadful irritation and razor burn from the Personna PTFE Blades but with all other blades the shave is beautiful.
I’m currently using a cut down Kai Mild with the 3dot plate and it’s a superb shave.

I think I have some kind of reaction to the Personna coating (and this happens consistently with those blades).
After three or four shaves when the coating has degraded I get much better shaves from them.

I'm using the included Personna Blades. The shave irritation is unbelievably bad. Had to take a day off shaving today for the first time in 3 years.

The Personna injector blades are terrible for me, I have never had the amount of weepers and as bad irritation from any other blade. The Chinese Schicks Injector blades are smoother and irritation free for me. I would gladly pay their higher price.

My experience with the included Personna blades was also less than good. I only used only blade. I had 6 bad shaves on it, the seventh shave gave an acceptable shave. Then the blade rusted on me. Binned it and haven't used one again. Got the same acceptable shave on my first outing with a Chick, and got better from there. I get better shaves from my Schick injectors though.

No...Absolutely not!

I have three (3) of the Supply razors, and they are among the best injectors that I have every used. [[ After more than 60 years of wet-shaving, I have more than 10-12 injector schick injectors, and about everything else in DE and SE shaving.]]

In fact, when I got the V1 -- even on the Plate 3 for maximum blade exposure -- I thought that it was inadequate, and thus ground the face down, myself.

Accordingly, I am suspicious of this post. I suspect that this poster had carelessly cross-threaded the blade, and then unaccountably blamed the razor.

BMW

No...Absolutely not!

I have three (3) of the Supply razors, and they are among the best injectors that I have every used. [[ After more than 60 years of wet-shaving, I have more than 10-12 injector schick injectors, and about everything else in DE and SE shaving.]]

In fact, when I got the V1 -- even on the Plate 3 for maximum blade exposure -- I thought that it was inadequate, and thus ground the face down, myself.

Accordingly, I am suspicious of this post. I suspect that this poster had carelessly cross-threaded the blade, and then unaccountably blamed the razor.

BMW
Neither I could understand why there was complaints regarding this razor and the Personna PTFE Injector blades. I guess there is YMMV for everything but here is my opinion on the V1 and the Personna blades:

1. People claim is inefficient
- I never experienced this, 3 pass DFS and I never go back and buff for BBS. V1 performed same as any other razor

2. People claim is not aggressive enough even on plate 3
- To me the plate 3 is for sure 1 notch or higher in aggression than the Rockwell on #6, I found out that plate 2 is the most comfortable plate for daily or every other day shaves, anything longer than that then plate 3

3. Claim that Personna PTFE are not sharp and not smooth
- My favorite GEM blades is the Personna GEM PTFE and I was not surprised any bit to find out that the Personna Injector PTFE performs exactly the same smooth and very sharp no tugging what so ever. Only difference is with the GEM I get 8-10 shaves, with the Injector I get 6-8 shaves and I'm speaking of comfortable shaves, if I wanted to drag it out more I could but there is no need.

The reason why there is no need for me to drag out any more shaves from the blades because I bought 300 Injectors and 400 GEM blades from England at cost of $17.00 per 100 of them. That's a lifetime of Injector and GEM blades considering I use DE's and Artist club blades too

How is this even possible? The blade doesn't thread onto the razor!! The blade slides into position, right? At least the one I tried did...

Not all razors are created equal... That is the 1st thing I found out in wet shaving. I tried this razor on the pass-around that was on this forum last year and had pretty much the same shave that @qVAMPIREp had. I tried #2 & 3 plates in the week I had the razor and with the #3 plate I had a horrible experience!! So horrible I have never looked to buy an injector razor since said episode. The razor burn I acquired took the better part of a week later before I could shave again without the irritation. Actually there were several people in the thread that had a problem with irritation and passed the razor to the next person in line after just 1-3 shaves with it.

I have the V1, but I purchased the V2 Plate set, and I exclusively use the aggressive V2 3-dot plate. I am normally a mild razor guy, but I find that this razor leaves too much stubble behind on the lower settings. The V2 plates look a bit more refined, and the blade guards are ground down flatter than the V1. I didn't care for the Personnas, Chicks, or even vintage Schick blades in this razor. I tried a cut down Feather Pro, and it was merely acceptable. However, none of the shaves have been truly BBS. I'll have to try a Kai Mild Pink Blade cut down with tin snips. The razor itself is a thing of beauty, but the shave for me is a bit lacking compared to many other razors in my den. The shave from a RR Hawk, Ikon MR-SE, or Colonial General blows it away. That said, I like using the Supply Injector when I need a quick shave with a brushless cream, such as Trader Joe's Honey Mango or VDH Shave Butter. The razor's heft works well with these viscous shaving creams, and it has never nicked me or caused irritation. I should add that I dissaemble the razor to load all blades into this razor to not risk dulling a blade's edge.

Some very interesting opinions coming out in this thread.
As I said before, my first shave with the Supply Provision was appalling due to a reaction to the Personna PTFE blades.
Once I changed blades and am now using a cut down Kai Mild the results are superb.

Also the Supply Provision is NOT representative of Injectors in general.
It is much heavier than any other Injector razor meaning that you must pay a lot of attention to zero pressure.
And the angle is not as intuitive as the Schicks either.
YMMV of course but the Supply on the 3dot plate is one of my best shavers so it might be worth persevering.

It seems that this razor has a lot in common with the PAL Adjustable Injector which it quite resembles - I could never get a decent shave from the PAL but for some people it just “clicks” and they adore it.

No...Absolutely not!

BMW
Yes, something definitely seems off.

I have the V1, but I purchased the V2 Plate set, and I exclusively use the aggressive V2 3-dot plate. I am normally a mild razor guy, but I find that this razor leaves too much stubble behind on the lower settings. The V2 plates look a bit more refined, and the blade guards are ground down flatter than the V1. I didn't care for the Personnas, Chicks, or even vintage Schick blades in this razor. I tried a cut down Feather Pro, and it was merely acceptable. However, none of the shaves have been truly BBS. I'll have to try a Kai Mild Pink Blade cut down with tin snips. The razor itself is a thing of beauty, but the shave for me is a bit lacking compared to many other razors in my den. The shave from a RR Hawk, Ikon MR-SE, or Colonial General blows it away. That said, I like using the Supply Injector when I need a quick shave with a brushless cream, such as Trader Joe's Honey Mango or VDH Shave Butter. The razor's heft works well with these viscous shaving creams, and it has never nicked me or caused irritation. I should add that I dissaemble the razor to load all blades into this razor to not risk dulling a blade's edge.

This is indeed interesting as I'm an aggressive razor kind of guy and I like the V1 plate3 which I find efficient enough and also smooth, so I didn't see the need to get the V2 more aggressive plate3. The adjustable DE's I use on their highest settings and the 6S is not efficient enough on plate 6 for me. The REX I use on 6.5 and I'm comfy with the R41. All these with a feather. The E4 is the only other efficient injector I use.

This is indeed interesting as I'm an aggressive razor kind of guy and I like the V1 plate3 which I find efficient enough and also smooth, so I didn't see the need to get the V2 more aggressive plate3. The adjustable DE's I use on their highest settings and the 6S is not efficient enough on plate 6 for me. The REX I use on 6.5 and I'm comfy with the R41. All these with a feather. The E4 is the only other efficient injector I use.

I went with the Black Supply 2-dot. Great 3-pass shave.

I have never worried about the "blade angle" for any razor, and I have just about everything. I must have very good hearing -- as, in using most razors, I can hear when the blade is cutting and when it is not.

BTW, for the Supply razors, I always hand-load the blade -- just to make sure that I do not damage it upon loading.

The Supply is my favorite razor, followed closely by the El Jefe and the plain-ole Schick Type G.

I have never worried about the "blade angle" for any razor, and I have just about everything. I must have very good hearing -- as, in using most razors, I can hear when the blade is cutting and when it is not.

BTW, for the Supply razors, I always hand-load the blade -- just to make sure that I do not damage it upon loading.

The Supply is my favorite razor, followed closely by the El Jefe and the plain-ole Schick Type G.
It’s good to hear some other people enjoying the Supply Provision as much as I do.
Clearly it’s what we in the UK would call a “Marmite” razor :)

It’s good to hear some other people enjoying the Supply Provision as much as I do.
Clearly it’s what we in the UK would call a “Marmite” razor :)
I bought the first version, then gave it to my dad for his birthday as it was really the most premium razor I had and despite liking, I hadn't been using it all that much. Then I got the version two and it's definitely more efficient for me but still mild, so an excellent combo for daily shaving.
I have to admit The Leaf is my go-to for quick shaves, and that's mostly what I have the time for now, but I really should take the Supply out more often.

Newbie question...How do you hand load the blades?

Top Bottom