What's new

Supply: The Single Edge V2!

Is V2 plate 3 more aggressive?
I don’t know if the V2 plate 3 is more aggressive than V1 plate 3 but to me it still mild. I use Chinese Schick blades, the Personna blades are too rough for me. They cut and irritate my skin regardless of the what plate I use. My I2 Schick injector is more aggressive than V2 plate 3.

Thanks Sharp&Spiny. I’m contemplating selling mine. It’s good but not great.

.....for me, that is....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another difference is the finish on the new razors and the manufacturing process. V2 is made using MIM like the Rockwell 6s. I don’t know how the first one was made but they were having quality problems at first. As far as I am concerned they both shave the same.
Thanks - so it sounds like v1 and v2 essentially behave the same which is exactly what I wanted to know.

I don’t know if the V2 plate 3 is more aggressive than V1 plate 3 but to me it still mild. I use Chinese Schick blades, the Personna blades are too rough for me. They cut and irritate my skin regardless of the what plate I use. My I2 Schick injector is more aggressive than V2 plate 3.
And I agree my first shave with the Personna PTFE has left my skin most irritated.
I wonder if subsequent shaves on the blade will be any better once the coating has worn off...

I was going to buy the V1 during the pass around but didn't care for the shave, it also may have had something to do with using the Personna blades also as it seemed to really do a number on my face and neck. I think it took about 4 days or so before I could really shave again.

Here are the differences from the V1 to the V2 from what I remember. As far as any changes to the geometry or such, there were none...

*The V1 sold for around $100 and was only available purchased with all 3 base plates and was only offered in the Matte finish.

*The V2 is offered in Matte, Mirrored, Black Matte, and Jet Black.

*The V2 now only comes with the 2 dot plate and the 1 & 3 dot plates are offered separately, $79 / $29 for Matte and Mirrored and $99 / $39 for Black Matte and Jet Black.

Having just used a Personna PTFE I think they really do this razor a great disservice.
A bit like the Rockwell OEM blades they’re just not very good.

When I first starting using Injectors, the modern Personna PTFEs were all I had and it put me off a lot of razors which later turned out to be amazing performers with other Injector blades.

The Supply Provision felt really great but 24hrs on I’ve got a lot of neck irritation which I put down entirely to that modern Personna blade.
I’m going to swap up to a ‘70s Gillette Platinum Plus and see what happens...

The Supply is a great razor. I have both the V1 and the V2.
I typically use vintage blades, but also have used a cut-down Proline, which works great.

24hrs on I notice that the Supply Provision leaves me with very smart stubble befitting the 21st Century.

And replacing the rough and irritating Personna PTFE with a beautiful NOS Gillette Platinum Plus resulted in a superb second shave.
I get the feeling that the Supply is not as intuitive as the Schick Injectors and more like the PALs will repay familiarity with better and better shaves.

This is most definitely a fine razor:
ADCAFC09-97B3-4CF9-930A-A094CEF9407A.jpeg

So I cut down a Kai Mild AC blade for the Supply Provision and it’s given a magnificent shave:
535AD3CA-EF01-4728-B1E0-D20835358156.jpeg

For me and my face this razor seems to be very fussy about blade choice.
The Personna PTFE was horrific, the Gillette Platinum Plus was nice and the Kai Mild is superb...

So I cut down a Kai Mild AC blade for the Supply Provision and it’s given a magnificent shave:
View attachment 859727
For me and my face this razor seems to be very fussy about blade choice.
The Personna PTFE was horrific, the Gillette Platinum Plus was nice and the Kai Mild is superb...

Never thought to cut down one of my AC blades. I bought some Proline B-20s to use in the supply, but it wasn't my favorite blade. The Chinese Schicks worked best for me in it, but it wasn't as good of a shave as any of my vintage injector razors. Might have to try out the Kai Captain Milds or the Feather Pros cut down in it.

Never thought to cut down one of my AC blades. I bought some Proline B-20s to use in the supply, but it wasn't my favorite blade. The Chinese Schicks worked best for me in it, but it wasn't as good of a shave as any of my vintage injector razors. Might have to try out the Kai Captain Milds or the Feather Pros cut down in it.
Yes this is the first time I’ve cut down an AC blade for an Injector.

And I agree that Supply Provision certainly doesn’t behave like a vintage Schick.
It’s much heavier of course and made of different materials and unlike the Schicks it doesn’t seem very intuitive.
It’s like you have to practice and learn to get a good shave with it.
It’s a lot easier and more pleasant than the PAL Adjustable (which I never liked) but clearly it repays familiarity.

My third shave with the Supply was the best yet and it’s so good looking that it encourages perserverance!

Second shave with the Kai Mild Blade and the best shave yet with the Supply:
8AD5A8FA-6912-4F3F-8BE1-C34D7236E7B0.jpeg

This razor really needs to be learned.
A bit like honing this either makes it a massive pain or the best fun you’ve ever had, depending on your mood :)

I bought my V1 after the KS when it was on 20% discount at $79 with all 3 plates. I have no issues shaving with the Personna PTFE injector blades because they are very similar in performance to the Personna Gem PTFE blades, longevity they don't last as long as the Gem's but I get 6 shaves from a blade and then toss it.

Trying to decide between the Mirror polish and Matte finish. Wondering if the mirror finish will be more slippery than the matte? The handle already looks slick, any opinions?

Trying to decide between the Mirror polish and Matte finish. Wondering if the mirror finish will be more slippery than the matte? The handle already looks slick, any opinions?
I have the classic matte finish on mine and I did not have any problems with it beating slippery, but I read from someone in the forum that had a polished finish was slippery.

My First SE

Don’t get the mirror polish. I have that one and while pretty, it is quite slippery. I use alum on my fingertips which resolves the slippery handle issue mostly. Most people report the matte handle not being very slippery. As always, YMMV. If I were to do it again I’d get the black, probably matte. Tougher finish and not slippery in the hand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the replies Sharp&Shiny and Johnnynroy. On your recommendations I got the Matte. Not as pretty but it will do; I hope. The one thing I don't really like about the Rockwell 6s is the finish (and its kind of like a brick on a stick).

In my opinion I think the classic matte looks the best. I like how the blade seamlessly blends in with the razor and it’s not shiny. I wasn’t thinking about grip when I got it. Another plus is that it doesn’t show soap residue build up quickly, but this is all me, I’m sure other users own the polished versions and love it.

I have a V2 with three plates.... I could, literally, throw all of my other SE and DE razors out and live happily ever after....

I just use the stick blades that shipped with it. I'd be interested in trying other blades, or trimming some of my AC SE blades down....

Top Bottom