What's new

Supply: The Single Edge V2!

Some very interesting opinions coming out in this thread.
As I said before, my first shave with the Supply Provision was appalling due to a reaction to the Personna PTFE blades.
Once I changed blades and am now using a cut down Kai Mild the results are superb.

Also the Supply Provision is NOT representative of Injectors in general.
It is much heavier than any other Injector razor meaning that you must pay a lot of attention to zero pressure.
And the angle is not as intuitive as the Schicks either.
YMMV of course but the Supply on the 3dot plate is one of my best shavers so it might be worth persevering.

It seems that this razor has a lot in common with the PAL Adjustable Injector which it quite resembles - I could never get a decent shave from the PAL but for some people it just “clicks” and they adore it.
Hi Marcus,
Am with you on this,I use Schick Proline Type B and get decent Shaves, not quite as good as I get with an E2 Or Type F.
Mike

Newbie question...How do you hand load the blades?

Unscrew the screw (away from the sink, or at least with the plug pulled up), separate the pieces, carefully eject a blade onto the counter, then very carefully place it onto the blade stops, then screw everything back together. This is how you load Schick Proline B-20 blades into the Supply as the Proline magazine lacks the injector key. I honestly would just use the injector key like they recommend as the Supply is well made and unlikely to give you issues. There a lots of Schicks out there that have been used for 50+ years still in working order. I wouldn't hand load unless you have to. I used all but one of my Chinese made Schick blades and loaded the Prolines into that so I would have a key (I don't have the Supply any longer, but use injectors daily). I don't use the Personna blades as I prefer the Chinese Schicks and Prolines in the injectors that take single blades, and the Japanese Schick II Twin blades in the injectors that will take them. Hope you enjoy your Supply! It is an incredibly well made razor that delivers one of the closest first pass shaves I've ever had (closer even than my Artist Club razors).

Unscrew the screw (away from the sink, or at least with the plug pulled up), separate the pieces, carefully eject a blade onto the counter, then very carefully place it onto the blade stops, then screw everything back together. This is how you load Schick Proline B-20 blades into the Supply as the Proline magazine lacks the injector key. I honestly would just use the injector key like they recommend as the Supply is well made and unlikely to give you issues. There a lots of Schicks out there that have been used for 50+ years still in working order. I wouldn't hand load unless you have to. I used all but one of my Chinese made Schick blades and loaded the Prolines into that so I would have a key (I don't have the Supply any longer, but use injectors daily). I don't use the Personna blades as I prefer the Chinese Schicks and Prolines in the injectors that take single blades, and the Japanese Schick II Twin blades in the injectors that will take them. Hope you enjoy your Supply! It is an incredibly well made razor that delivers one of the closest first pass shaves I've ever had (closer even than my Artist Club razors).
Thanks for that explanation to my question. That's what I love about B & B, someone always around to step up and help.

But he is using the key.
Ah, I apologise, I misinterpreted the hand loading part of the question.
Like Johnnynroy wrote, it's really just undo the screw and swap the blade. It's quite easy, too, and makes cleaning the razor almost effortless.

Ah, I apologise, I misinterpreted the hand loading part of the question.
Like Johnnynroy wrote, it's really just undo the screw and swap the blade. It's quite easy, too, and makes cleaning the razor almost effortless.
That's the other question I had, is how to clean it thoroughly after each shave and dry off. I'm rather anal about doing that hahhahahah. This is or will be rather my first injector single edge razor

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
I have the V1 and V2. I always hand load the V1. The only reason I bought the V2 was because the polished black finish got my RAD going really badly. I don't really think the V2 shaves or loads any better than the V1. I pretty much just hand load the V2 as well. It's so fast and easy. And you don't risk rubbing the blade against the blade stops. And, yes, the Prolines rock. In any razor.

I'm almost feeling buyer's remorse and my v2 hasn't even arrived yet. Wish I had spent the money on the Karve Christopher Bradley.

I'm almost feeling buyer's remorse and my v2 hasn't even arrived yet. Wish I had spent the money on the Karve Christopher Bradley.

I try to get as much info as possible now before I buy any razor. I have heard lots of good things about the Karve, but not enough to convince me I need it. I had about the same amount of information when I bought the Supply V2. I was stuck between the supply and the eBarbershop Type O clone. I wanted the supply due to the materials and worksmanship. Much better on the Supply. The Type O clone is a $30 version of a previously $5 razor so it was a tough sell. Once purchased, I couldn’t get the supply to work for me, though I really tried. Irritation and weepers for me (I have very sensitive skin though). I rarely had irritation after the first pass so I’m sure I was overdoing it. Even though it didn’t work extremely well for me one aspect still stands out: the first pass with the Supply is still the closest first pass of any razor I’ve ever used. I would easily have a CCS, bordering on DFS with one pass. No other razor has been able to accomplish that. In hindsight, I should have kept the Supply, as I now would appreciate a good one pass razor. Sadly, all my injectors are two pass or more for a DFS usually. I do have the Type O clone and it is an excellent razor. But I wouldn’t have appreciated it as much if I hadn’t bought the Supply.

All of that to say: the Supply is the closest thing you’ll get to a one pass cartridge shave with the benefits of a single blade. It gave me a better shave than any cart did, and is built like a beautiful tank.

Don’t despair if the initial blades don’t work well for you. Get some of the yellow blister pack Chinese Schicks or some Proline B-20s (some can be bought on Etsy now!). I have seller’s remorse more than buyer’s remorse, and I would guess that you’ll enjoy the experience of a new shaving platform. There’s just something about single edge blades that is fantastic for my beard and skin. Hope you find the same to be true.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I find one of the best things about the Supply, compared to other injectors, is the ability to load it manually.
This allows you to swap heads (and blades) without ruining the blade that's in it.
Makes experimenting nice and easy.

It's a well made razor - I'm sure you'll enjoy it Jill.

Unfortunately you've tickled my RAD though. I'm going to have to find out what the Karve is all about now. :001_cool:

Edit: It's a DE, I'll pass.

Here was my take on my v2 that I put in my Journal here:
SUPPLY COMPANY-THE SINGLE EDGE (INJECTOR) RAZOR V2~USING THE 2 DOT BASE~6/8/18

Simply had to try this new razor I received today. It's my first single edge injector razor. There were such mixed reviews here in Badger & Blade so I was a bit skeptical and nervous about how it would perform for me. Heck, I was even nervous about loading it right lol.
There was no need to worry because this razor is great. The angle is so intuitive to zone in on (for me).
I used my Java Barista Artisan Soap for its glide and residual slickness (and scent, of course). One of the reasons I think I love this razor is because they suggest using short strokes which is great for me given I love to buff. It takes getting used to shaving on hard bone areas like my knees particularly...so many nooks and crannies around those buggars. The brush of choice tonight was my WCS Silvertip Badger and got great results.
Most of my shaves have been WTG, ATG, XTG, and cleanup including ATG again. I shave pretty much every day so not so much growth, but I just love wet shaving!!!!
I didn't want this shave to end tonight; it was that good. The post-shave feel was so hydrated and extremely smooth. The Thayers Lavender Witch Hazel, Fine Platinum Aftershave and matching Post Shave Balm sealed the deal for an absolutely fantastic experience. Add some spritzes of Aventus Eau de Parfum and call it a perfect ending.

Congratulations on the shave Jill.
I'm guessing you used the blades that came with the razor - Personna's I believe.
There are others you could try like, Proline B-20 and Chinese "Chicks".
B-20's don't come with a key so you would have to load them manually.

Looks like Patrick has another satisfied customer.

Congratulations on the shave Jill.
I'm guessing you used the blades that came with the razor - Personna's I believe.
There are others you could try like, Proline B-20 and Chinese "Chicks".
B-20's don't come with a key so you would have to load them manually.

Looks like Patrick has another satisfied customer.
Yes, I used the enclosed blades. These 20 blades will last a long time for me because I am testing quite a number of DE Blades also. I took it apart and cleaned it and had a little issue reloading the blade but got it figured out.
I have gone online to check out the other blades available for it too.

Came back from Brussels last night and hadn’t shaved for 3 days.
The Supply Provision did a fabulous job with a cut down Kai Mild blade - what a great shave!
380A993A-4192-4723-8370-FA0F2545DCBC.jpeg

Came back from Brussels last night and hadn’t shaved for 3 days.
The Supply Provision did a fabulous job with a cut down Kai Mild blade - what a great shave!
View attachment 889884
Hi Marcus,
Am quite surprised that you like the V2, as I know that you like aggressive Razors. I found the V1 did not work for me at all. I now use a V2 No3 plate and can get a reasonable Shave, but honestly no better than those I get with some Vintage Injectors , the rare Type F being far superior.
Regards- Mike

Hi Marcus,
Am quite surprised that you like the V2, as I know that you like aggressive Razors. I found the V1 did not work for me at all. I now use a V2 No3 plate and can get a reasonable Shave, but honestly no better than those I get with some Vintage Injectors , the rare Type F being far superior.
Regards- Mike
Yes Mike - this is clearly a case of YMMV and I’m surprised myself!
In spite of all the other reports I am getting some of my absolutely best shaves from the Supply with the 3dot plate.
Better than my SE1, better than any of my other Injectors and comparable to my MMOC.
Maybe the cut down Kai Mild helps?

This one has just clicked for me although apparently not for a lot of others - I suppose this is the “PAL Adjustable Effect” :)

Yes Mike - this is clearly a case of YMMV and I’m surprised myself!
In spite of all the other reports I am getting some of my absolutely best shaves from the Supply with the 3dot plate.
Better than my SE1, better than any of my other Injectors and comparable to my MMOC.
Maybe the cut down Kai Mild helps?

This one has just clicked for me although apparently not for a lot of others - I suppose this is the “PAL Adjustable Effect” :)
Hi Marcus,
As you say one never knows. I saw you used Feather Pro super in the SE1, yet it is too much for me.I actually love the feel of the Supply but for is a bit off in terms of performance, I get there but it is hard work. I like your reference to the PAL Adjustable which is a real Love/Hate machine.
regards-Mike

Top Bottom