What's new

Supply: The Single Edge V2!

I am new to single edge razors and I get irritation from just about anything. I'm looking to try out the Supply Single Edge. I've also seen the Occam's Razor Nano that is very similar, but wider. Has anyone tried both? What are your thoughts on them? Do they shave similarly? Pros and cons of each?

I find the new razors that use the Feather blades too wide for my taste (only tried one however) - I do shave with a Feather straight but even then you don't typically use the full blade on a pass. I have a Supply 2.0 coming and that in combination with the optional mild plate may serve you well - As would and old Gem G Bar which you can get into and try very inexpensively. Even an old Schick L would be worth a try - What have you tried so far Eric?

IMO, the Supply is the very best of injector razors -- vintage or modern. And, I have everything.
I have to agree - I’ve used all the injectors except the Schick A, D and F. My favourites are the Personna Executive and Floating Head but the Supply beats even them for me.

My first impressions of the Supply were not very good and I see that a lot of people react to it with indifference.

But once it clicked for me it has become absolutely one of my best shavers and that includes DE, GEM and Artist Club!

Because I mainly use straights and shavettes now I sold off all my DEs except the 2011 R41 (which is perfection!)

Next I’m selling off my injectors and the only one I’m keeping is the Supply because it is that good.

Last edited:
What is you guys preferred blade to use in the supply razor? Also, what metal finish did you guys buy? I’m this close to buying one!

IMG_1061.PNG
I have the matte finish and use these.

Just found out about this brand of Injector razors. They look well made. Nice!

Edit: Oh my goodness....$108:001_huh:

Last edited:
I have all three (3) finishes of the Supply. They are all great razors.

All blades work well, but I prefer to cut-down a Proline AC blade -- which is easy to do with a pair of tin-snips.

I have all three (3) finishes of the Supply. They are all great razors.

All blades work well, but I prefer to cut-down a Proline AC blade -- which is easy to do with a pair of tin-snips.
They do make the smaller Prolines, sold as the B-20s. No injector key, but no problem with the supply since it can come apart. You also can cross load them into an injector magazine with a key and then load them as normal for any other injector.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

____

On my V1 (Matte), I had perceived that the 3-dot head was (sometimes) not sufficiently aggressive. It was very good, but it tended to leave some "spare-slag" with a 3-day growth of my Viking-like, wire-beard. [[One of my other favorite razors is the El Jefe, and switching from milder to the aggressive modes.]]

So, I elected to grind-off a small portion of the bottom of the blade guard, and also brought-down the height of the protruding blade rests, albeit slightly. [Specifically, I ran it across a decent file for about 10 minutes, checking as I went. So, actually very little metal was removed.] As expected, this metal removal technique functioned to expose more of the blade edge. It is now one of the best razors in existence!

I have another V1 (Polished), which I left, as-is, for comparison.

I also have the Matte Black V2 -- and, to respond to your quaere -- the difference from the V1 is that the bottom of the blade guard has already been "ground-off", a bit -- so I didn't have to remove anything. It, too, is a great razor.

BMWlaw
I will get the V1 soon, and I am really interested in what you did. I am worried though to grind the wrong parts since I am not sure which exact parts are 'the bottom of the blade guard' and 'the protruding blade rests'. Sorry about my ignorance, but could you clarify with a picture or so what you did?

I am just worried to mess up what I expect to be a great razor and hopefully the answer to my hopelessly coarse beard. I am not worried about the procedure as such since I work on musical instruments as well.

The Supply razor is really neat - Tried it with all 3 heads for a few weeks but will sell it - Hard to beat my old Fat Boys and Gems.

All and all though it's a great addition for us wet shavers!

This has become my favorite razor for shaving my head. Two passes plus cleanup, and the blades seem to last forever. Currently tossing after 4 head shaves (1 week), but think with this next blade we'll see if we can get another week out of one. Very comfortable to hold, and easy to get the right angle, even on the back of the head where I'm flying blind :) No cuts, and only a nick if I am rushing.

Not using it for shaving my face, but not wanting to use anything else on my head.

I find the new razors that use the Feather blades too wide for my taste (only tried one however) - I do shave with a Feather straight but even then you don't typically use the full blade on a pass. I have a Supply 2.0 coming and that in combination with the optional mild plate may serve you well - As would and old Gem G Bar which you can get into and try very inexpensively. Even an old Schick L would be worth a try - What have you tried so far Eric?

I have tried a few different DE razors, the Schick Hydro, Harry's, electrics, and all of them give me problems I must have very sensitive skin. I pretty much quit shaving, I'll just run Wahl clippers to cut it down to stubble. I do remember my grandfather saying that a single blade gives the best shave, he used a Schick injector (I don't know which one, he passed away many years ago, just when the two bladed razors started coming out). I've read a lot on the Supply and it seems to possibly be the razor for me. A lot of people said that it's not very aggressive so I imagine it would work well for my sensitive skin. Maybe I can get my wife and daughter to get me one for Christmas.

I have tried a few different DE razors, the Schick Hydro, Harry's, electrics, and all of them give me problems I must have very sensitive skin. I pretty much quit shaving, I'll just run Wahl clippers to cut it down to stubble. I do remember my grandfather saying that a single blade gives the best shave, he used a Schick injector (I don't know which one, he passed away many years ago, just when the two bladed razors started coming out). I've read a lot on the Supply and it seems to possibly be the razor for me. A lot of people said that it's not very aggressive so I imagine it would work well for my sensitive skin. Maybe I can get my wife and daughter to get me one for Christmas.

Something to consider, I find the vintage Schick Injector razor the be the most comfortable and efficient of my vintage collection. One can be had for less than $10. Blades are readily available.

I used to own the supply. I no longer own it but have quite the collection of injectors. I'm biased, but the $5-$20 you spend on a used Schick to see if the platform would work for you seems well spent to me.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
Anyone try the new PAA type L clone yet? Seems like a cheap and available entry into single Edge for someone that wants to try it.

I have the v1 in matte and it's great. Don't see any need for the one or two dot plates. chick blades work great

The ONLY downside that I see is that it doesn't take twin blades. Well, I haven't been able to jam them in there. If you are after one nugget of awesome with regard to injectors, it would be to try the twin blades. Easy to get from Japan. Another level of shave.

Top Bottom