What's new

Super-Max Super Platinum Tiger

Gentlemen,

I have added photos for the blades here

Super-Max Sunrise Super Stainless

Super-Max Tiger Super Platinum

Clarification on Titanium Edge Technology

I got in touch with the product manager of Super-Max here in their Mumbai HQ to check on the facts behind the Titanium Edge Technology.

I got in to a long discussion with him on the philosophy of these blades. What I am stating here are facts straight from Mount Sinai - so to speak.

He has verified that the Sunrise & Tiger blades are specifically manufactured for the premium DE segment in the Home Shaving Market. This is a new range to cater to the fast declining DE market. The innovation is expected to lure traditional shavers back to DE.

The current Stainless, Super Stainless and Platinum is targeting the not-so-premium price conscious market.

The Sunrise is indeed coated with Titanium for hard edges which will retain sharpness for 6-8 shaves. He has confirmed the presence of the Titanium edges.

The Tiger is coated with Platinum and is extra sharp for 6-8 shaves.

I also asked him about the name confusion between the existing Super Stainless and the Platinum blades.

He stated that the Sunrise and Tiger blades pass through additional QC process control to ensure those quality 6-8 shaves per blade, whereas the rest of the Super-Max range is focused on low-cost blades, hence the QC process is less stringent.

To summarize Super-Max hence has the following blades in current production in order of quality / cost.

• Stainless
  • Super Stainless
  • Platinum
  • Sunrise Super Stainless (Titanium Edge Technology)
  • Tiger Super Platinum

I trust this clarifies everything there is to know about Super-Max products.

Thanks, Manish. Where would the Blue Diamond be in this list?

Thanks, Manish. Where would the Blue Diamond be in this list?

I was told that the international flavors of Super-Max are mostly the same brands packaged differently for variety of markets.

It seems apparent that the Super Stainless and the Super Platinum are their core brands to play with.

Apart from the ones I mentioned none of the other brands like the blues are available for the India market. Apparently they are re-packaged variants of the 5 brands I stated above.

My bet is that the super stainless Blues are the 3rd Super Stainless variety which are available in the yellow and green packaging in India too.

On a quick note:

There is a higher quality blade made by SUPERMAX. Its made out of TITANIUM material. This is the highest of the qualities that supermax makes them. This is the same material as the Mach 3 or similar razors. I will be having some samples of this blades and once I do, I will post the information as always.

I will go ahead and take the pictures tomorrow of the Supers I have in detailed. Have a great day!

Dark

On a quick note:

There is a higher quality blade made by SUPERMAX. Its made out of TITANIUM material. This is the highest of the qualities that supermax makes them. This is the same material as the Mach 3 or similar razors. I will be having some samples of this blades and once I do, I will post the information as always.

I will go ahead and take the pictures tomorrow of the Supers I have in detailed. Have a great day!

Dark

Sounds like SuperMax is a serious contender for being a razor blade manufacturer. If you can find more information on the Titanium blades, please share with us.

On a quick note:

Dark

From what I gathered, Sunrise Super Stainless is the only Titanium edge technology blade they manufacture and have been launched in late 2009. Which blades are you referring to. Please indicate, I will get further information with the Super-Max International Product team.

Good Morning to all,

As promised here is the picture of the blade.

Referring to the Titanium Blade, I was told that it was higher than the super platinum. Once I get the package I will share for sure!

DE Shaver,

Supermax is now a big contender for Dorco, Dorusa and Lord Razors in the Mexico and South America. They are producing nice quality blades at a great price. They are also competing with Personna over those countries to control the razor business there. It is crazy I tell you ;).

I hope I have been detailed on the blade

Dark

Bayboo,

So are the Tiger Platinum same as the ones above?

What I have is that the Super Platinum blades are a higher quality controlled and sharper version of the Super-Max Platinum blade. However I am also communicated that the Super Platinum is a new product. So I am not too sure what to make of it. I guess a shave with each will tell :)

But then as always YMMV !!:lol:

The Sunrise is the only product with Titanium edges.

I have used one in a Merkur HD, Slim Adjustable and in a feather portable. 5 shaves is all it will stretch without breaking the skin. The 5th shave is a DFS...

Good Morning to all,

As promised here is the picture of the blade.

Referring to the Titanium Blade, I was told that it was higher than the super platinum. Once I get the package I will share for sure!

DE Shaver,

Supermax is now a big contender for Dorco, Dorusa and Lord Razors in the Mexico and South America. They are producing nice quality blades at a great price. They are also competing with Personna over those countries to control the razor business there. It is crazy I tell you ;).

I hope I have been detailed on the blade

Dark

Are these good blades? Do you sell a sampler of these?

These are very under rated blades, I guess is the name of company and origin. But these SUPER Platinum Blades are great shavers.

I have shaved several times and sometimes they feel like I am shaving with a IP or the Red Pack IP.

I currently don't have a 5pc pack or a 10 pc pack, but I have a 50pc pack for $6.00 + shipping. Here is buy it now link: 50 Supermax Super Platinum Buy Me Now

Also, btw. As stated on the description, these are NEW models of blades intended to be sold to the US market. But can be sold any where else as well. This is why Beyboo didn't know about these blades. Like always, I try to bring blades that are not out there and at great prices.

Dark

I really like the SuperMax Platinums. Might be able to save a few dollars ordering them versus the Super Platinum's...

I tries these blades with my Merkur Futur (set at 3). They seem OK: they are sharp enough (not at the Feather range, not even the Astor BIC kind) but not very smooth. Even in the first shave, both WTG and ATG, I was clearly feeling they were ... ehh, shaving my face. I did not trya higher - clser setting, since I think they would be pulling on my stubble. They were good for 3 two - pass shaves.

Good value for money but nothing more.

proxy.php

Here's a picture of the Super-Max Tiger blades. I happen to be using one now that I received from a private seller when I bought a razor from them. I think that these, as well as the Super-Max Super Platinums in the silver box, are excellent blades. The blade itself from the packaging immediately above looks exactly like the blade pictured in post #27 with the words "Super-Max Super Platinum" written on it. It's probably the same blade.

Right now I'm sitting on about a 4-year supply but when the time comes to buy more blades, I'd consider either blade an excellent choice and wouldn't hesitate to buy them.

Last edited:
I bought ten of the Super-Max Super Platinum Tiger blades off the 'bay and have used one a few times and it is a superb blade so far. Very sharp & smooth. I looked all over the 'net for their Sunrise blades and only found a minimum order of 50 from India on the 'bay so I passed.

Top Bottom