What's new

Super-Max Super Platinum Tiger

Bought a PAck of SUPERMAX ''regular'' Platinum when i was in St-MArteens, for a 1$ NAF

found them pretty decent for a blade you can get for cheap , never tried the SUPER platinum, but before i buy more brands of blades, i got tons of blades to use first

Bumping this as i'm falling in love with the Tigers at the moment. Just had my sixth (i think) shave with my ball end Tech and a Tiger and i think i just had one of the smoothest, most irritation/tug free shaves i've experienced. Blade is still super sharp and a total pleasure to use.

Bumping this as i'm falling in love with the Tigers at the moment. Just had my sixth (i think) shave with my ball end Tech and a Tiger and i think i just had one of the smoothest, most irritation/tug free shaves i've experienced. Blade is still super sharp and a total pleasure to use.
I had a SuperMax Super Platinum in a sampler pack that a generous B&B'er sent to me and it was an amazing blade. I've been on the lookout for the S-M SP's. I will have to give these a try...plus the packaging is very cool looking!!

Nearly impossible to find unless you find someone trying to dump them on BST. Supermax sunrise was also very good but also out of production. Id like to believe they are still made under a different name (diamond edge or one of the platimums) and searched for a while but never found any confirmation of this. I tried regular platinum and super stainless and neither were as good. Kinda lost interest after a while though when I discovered how good nacets were and latched on to 500 of them. They were one of the coolest labels ever made.

Nacets are better? I guess like most of this ymmv... i read a bit about voskhods and found people raving about them.. tried a couple myself with high expectations and was seriously underwhelmed.

Very nice blade!! Just finished up my first Tiger SP blade and I've been able to get 6 very nice, 2-pass, full face shaves from it!! To me, it performs very similar to the Super-Max Super Platinum blade, which I think is the newer version of the same blade, excellent balance between sharp and smooth. I really like these blades!!

Very nice blade!! Just finished up my first Tiger SP blade and I've been able to get 6 very nice, 2-pass, full face shaves from it!! To me, it performs very similar to the Super-Max Super Platinum blade, which I think is the newer version of the same blade, excellent balance between sharp and smooth. I really like these blades!!

Hey Herb, so my supplier can get more.. now i'm confused as i thought they were out of production from this thread... He doesn't know anything about that.

Hey Herb, so my supplier can get more.. now i'm confused as i thought they were out of production from this thread... He doesn't know anything about that.
Hey, @Fat Larry!! Yes, I would be interested in more!! These are actually very nice blades!! (And I still have exclamation points left!!) How many are we looking at?

I'm not sure, didn't ask, i saw he had more listed and queried him on the supply, he'll let me know then they're in again. If they are not being produced any more and there's more around i'll be getting some as well, they're just night and day to so many other blades... even other sharp ones.. such a nice combination of sharp and smooth. Just shaved with one an hour ago and was thinking that it felt like using a hot knife through butter on my three day beard. Two passes, very close, so nice.

Are we sure Tiger Super Platinum's are out of production?

I could put you in touch directly if you like.

I'm not sure, didn't ask, i saw he had more listed and queried him on the supply, he'll let me know then they're in again. If they are not being produced any more and there's more around i'll be getting some as well, they're just night and day to so many other blades... even other sharp ones.. such a nice combination of sharp and smooth. Just shaved with one an hour ago and was thinking that it felt like using a hot knife through butter on my three day beard. Two passes, very close, so nice.

Are we sure Tiger Super Platinum's are out of production?

I could put you in touch directly if you like.
I really don't know if they're out of production. If they are, it's really too bad, because my face likes these blades. Super-Max does make a Super Platinum, so maybe they just changed the packaging. The one S-M SP that I've tried was a great blade!!

if your supplier doesn't mind someone else contacting them, please PM their contact info to me.

Top Bottom