What's new

Super-Max Super Platinum Tiger

I just today received the Vidyut Super-Max Platinum blades I ordered. The box indicates they are:

Made in India for Super-Max Ltd., Feltham, TW13 7LR, London UK.

If these are what you are looking for, PM me your address and I will send you a box at no charge. I bought plenty.

I stock them. You can browse my online store here.

The site is yet to be released as I am in the process of setting up the shipping module and payment gateway.

Its taking time, after all I am just another passionate wet shaver, turned vendor, so I do all the work on my own and in my spare time. ;)

Well, if they shave as well or better than the SuperMax Super Stainless, they'll be a good blade. The SuperMax SS given me smooth and close shaves. Not bad considering they can be had for under $0.10 per blade when purchased in sufficient quantities.

Wow!

Those tiger blades look great! I wonder about the gold blade though, reminds me of Willie Wonka !

Thanks for the picture!

Do the Tiger blades look different than your SuperMax Super Platinum blades? I was thinking they might be the same blade in different packaging. Both packages say Super Platinum. I sure want to try the Super Platinum, just dont know if I need to try both.

Since this is an buy it now I think I am allow to post link.

Here is the SUPER MAX SUPER PLATINUM. I haven't heard of the Tiger before, I don't know the difference. Perhaps it is the same blade in different packing, but I wouldn't be sure till I try them.

SUPERMAX SUPER PLATINUM

Dark

Since this is an buy it now I think I am allow to post link.

Here is the SUPER MAX SUPER PLATINUM. I haven't heard of the Tiger before, I don't know the difference. Perhaps it is the same blade in different packing, but I wouldn't be sure till I try them.

SUPERMAX SUPER PLATINUM

Dark

Can you post a pic of the SuperMax Super Platinum Blade that you have and then maybe someone that has the SuperMax Tiger Super Platinum can do the same.

I would love to buy some Tigers and Sunrise's if I didn't already have enough blades to outlast every member in this forum !!!:tongue_sm

Gentlemen,

I have added photos for the blades here

Super-Max Sunrise Super Stainless

Super-Max Tiger Super Platinum

Clarification on Titanium Edge Technology

I got in touch with the product manager of Super-Max here in their Mumbai HQ to check on the facts behind the Titanium Edge Technology.

I got in to a long discussion with him on the philosophy of these blades. What I am stating here are facts straight from Mount Sinai - so to speak.

He has verified that the Sunrise & Tiger blades are specifically manufactured for the premium DE segment in the Home Shaving Market. This is a new range to cater to the fast declining DE market. The innovation is expected to lure traditional shavers back to DE.

The current Stainless, Super Stainless and Platinum is targeting the not-so-premium price conscious market.

The Sunrise is indeed coated with Titanium for hard edges which will retain sharpness for 6-8 shaves. He has confirmed the presence of the Titanium edges.

The Tiger is coated with Platinum and is extra sharp for 6-8 shaves.

I also asked him about the name confusion between the existing Super Stainless and the Platinum blades.

He stated that the Sunrise and Tiger blades pass through additional QC process control to ensure those quality 6-8 shaves per blade, whereas the rest of the Super-Max range is focused on low-cost blades, hence the QC process is less stringent.

To summarize Super-Max hence has the following blades in current production in order of quality / cost.

• Stainless
  • Super Stainless
  • Platinum
  • Sunrise Super Stainless (Titanium Edge Technology)
  • Tiger Super Platinum

I trust this clarifies everything there is to know about Super-Max products.

Gentlemen,

I have added photos for the blades here

Super-Max Sunrise Super Stainless

Super-Max Tiger Super Platinum

Clarification on Titanium Edge Technology

I got in touch with the product manager of Super-Max here in their Mumbai HQ to check on the facts behind the Titanium Edge Technology.

I got in to a long discussion with him on the philosophy of these blades. What I am stating here are facts straight from Mount Sinai - so to speak.

He has verified that the Sunrise & Tiger blades are specifically manufactured for the premium DE segment in the Home Shaving Market. This is a new range to cater to the fast declining DE market. The innovation is expected to lure traditional shavers back to DE.

The current Stainless, Super Stainless and Platinum is targeting the not-so-premium price conscious market.

The Sunrise is indeed coated with Titanium for hard edges which will retain sharpness for 6-8 shaves. He has confirmed the presence of the Titanium edges.

The Tiger is coated with Platinum and is extra sharp for 6-8 shaves.

I also asked him about the name confusion between the existing Super Stainless and the Platinum blades.

He stated that the Sunrise and Tiger blades pass through additional QC process control to ensure those quality 6-8 shaves per blade, whereas the rest of the Super-Max range is focused on low-cost blades, hence the QC process is less stringent.

To summarize Super-Max hence has the following blades in current production in order of quality / cost.

• Stainless
  • Super Stainless
  • Platinum
  • Tiger Super Platinum

That was an excellent post. Answered a lot of questions as to the differences in the SuperMax range. SuperMax Super Stainless are my favourite blade, so I was more than interested about the others. When my current stock of blades has dwindled some what I am getting some of these. Would it be possible to order a sampler that includes 10 of each type blade?

That was an excellent post. Answered a lot of questions as to the differences in the SuperMax range. SuperMax Super Stainless are my favourite blade, so I was more than interested about the others. When my current stock of blades has dwindled some what I am getting some of these. Would it be possible to order a sampler that includes 10 of each type blade?

PM - sent.

• Stainless
  • Super Stainless
  • Platinum
  • Tiger Super Platinum

Thanks for the summation. Given that I like the Super Stainless blades, I'm definitely interested in trying out the Surise and Tiger brands. Now, it's a matter of making more space in my blade storage bin.

Guys! I forgot the blades at home and I am not able to take pics till tomorrow.

From the pictures I saw from bayboo, the ones I carry are the same ones as the tiger. Even with that type of logo for SUPERMAX.

I am glad Supermax is getting into this and supporting wetshavers in general ;).

Stainless
Super Stainless
Platinum
Sunrise Super Stainless (Titanium Edge Technology)
Tiger Super Platinum

The ones I carry should be in the same spot as the Tiger Super Platinum.

Dark

Top Bottom