What's new

Tiger blades…some with wax dots…some without?

My first batch of Tiger Platinum blades had 4 small wax/glue dots whilst my second has none.

Different production runs?
Old stock/new stock?
Real/fake?

Anyone know anything about this?

Tuck packaging was identical except 4dots was all English and waxless had one side printed with “razor blades” in six European languages and and addition of “>” at the end of the barcode.

Can you show a picture?

Sorry, I don’t have that capability at the moment.

All I can add is that the 4 dots are clean, and well placed at the corners and don’t dribble onto the edges. They look very similar to those on the KCGillettes.

Good question. I checked the Great Blade Exchange inventory & found two different tucks of Tiger Platinum. Both versions had the four glue dots on one side of the blade only. The version you describe in the first post is the tuck on the left in each photo. The slightly different tuck from what you describe is on the right. Let's see who can help answer the question.
IMG_6630.jpgIMG_6631.jpg

Good question. I checked the Great Blade Exchange inventory & found two different tucks of Tiger Platinum. Both versions had the four glue dots on one side of the blade only. The version you describe in the first post is the tuck on the left in each photo. The slightly different tuck from what you describe is on the right. Let's see who can help answer the question.
View attachment 1814148View attachment 1814149

Thank you!

Those are exactly the ones I have.

The one on the right is the tuck with wax/glue dots.

The one on the left has no dots and seems oilier than the other.

I don't have Tigers, but I do have Tatras. I will have to dig some out and look.

As far as the packs with different languages, Astra blades are packed for sale in different countries and are all legit. I would expect the same for these Tigers.

Top Bottom